* * 2010 - 2011 * * Secondary Applications Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stick with it. Like the advice I've given everyone else on hold, and you in the AZCOM thread. Its not a rejection, keep sending updates if you want to go there. No harm in trying, hang in there. You've got other interviews, stay strong.

Will do, thanks man!

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an invitation to interview at Touro Nevada!

I am soo excited!

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry my friend. I got put on hold at AZCOM and then the next day I got an interview at RVUCOM. AZCOM's hold is good luck!

Congrats on the RVUCOM invite :)

And I hope you're right!

OMG, this is insane! Just got an interview invite from KCOM! It's weird that they sent me the email at 8:30pm (Pacific time)..YAYYYYYY! Check your emails, people!!!

OMG, this is insane! Just got an interview invite from KCOM! It's weird that they sent me the email at 8:30pm (Pacific time)..YAYYYYYY! Check your emails, people!!!

:thumbup: Seeeee told you you're gonna be ok haha

KCOM seems to send out those invites at really strange times :laugh: Still no invite for me though, sad times.

I just sent them an update today though.

:thumbup: Seeeee told you you're gonna be ok haha

KCOM seems to send out those invites at really strange times :laugh: Still no invite for me though, sad times.

I just sent them an update today though.

Congraatttsss!!

Thank you thank you! :p

Just a random question. How do you update your application on the AMCAS/AACOMAS service? I think they don't allow any edit anymore..Or should we just send an update letter/letter of interest directly to each school?

Thank you thank you! :p

Just a random question. How do you update your application on the AMCAS/AACOMAS service? I think they don't allow any edit anymore..Or should we just send an update letter/letter of interest directly to each school?

AMCAS won't change anything. I type letters, sign and mail them directly to the school with any supporting documents.

AACOMAS will accept updated transcripts. E-mail them in advance to make sure they are entered correctly. I sent them a message today telling them my summer grade and how to enter course designations for the retake. They said they are waiting on the transcript, which should get there tomorrow (paid to overnight)

AMCAS won't change anything. I type letters, sign and mail them directly to the school with any supporting documents.

AACOMAS will accept updated transcripts. E-mail them in advance to make sure they are entered correctly. I sent them a message today telling them my summer grade and how to enter course designations for the retake. They said they are waiting on the transcript, which should get there tomorrow (paid to overnight)

Ohhh, Ok. Thanks, I don't have any grade updates. But I have started and will be doing something new really soon. I guess I should start typing the letter now :)

Their screening process seems really weird. Only you, me, and like two or three other people have even received invites. Not only that but they send them at random times, one person got theirs at midnight :rolleyes:

Their screening process seems really weird. Only you, me, and like two or three other people have even received invites. Not only that but they send them at random times, one person got theirs at midnight :rolleyes:

Thats true, it seems very few people have actually gotten invites thus far. Good for me I suppose since I'm hoping for one haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my portal and I got an interview invite from NSU as well!!!:D. Great I have four so far! I'm stil waiting for touro-CA and western. I just submitted CCOM secondary. Hope that gets me an interview.

Question: For the people that got an invite from NSU and found out just by checking the portal, how do you schedule an interview. I'm hoping that I can schedule it during the days that I will be in Florida for my LECOM-B interview so I won't have to purchase an extra plane ticket... :p

Congratulations!!! I remember us having similar stats: you having a better GPA and me having a better MCAT. I got an interview from NSU so I'm thinking most likely you will get one too!

My NSU portal still says pending. No invite for me either.

Looked this morning and mine says that too... Oh well, no need to complicate my life any more than it needs to be! Haha. I just booked two more flights today... Already freaking out as it is.

I just checked my portal and I got an interview invite from NSU as well!!!:D. Great I have four so far! I'm stil waiting for touro-CA and western. I just submitted CCOM secondary. Hope that gets me an interview.

Question: For the people that got an invite from NSU and found out just by checking the portal, how do you schedule an interview. I'm hoping that I can schedule it during the days that I will be in Florida for my LECOM-B interview so I won't have to purchase an extra plane ticket... :p

Obviously its cheaper to buy one ticket but make sure to give yourself some time. Its a 4 hour drive from Bradenton to Ft. Lauderdale

Obviously its cheaper to buy one ticket but make sure to give yourself some time. Its a 4 hour drive from Bradenton to Ft. Lauderdale

Thank you so much for this info. I actually realized it's a bad idea to do.

Just checked my email and yay! Got an interview invite from NSU! DoctorPurple! We've made it! :)

Just checked my email and yay! Got an interview invite from NSU! DoctorPurple! We've made it! :)

Congrats! They e-mailed you?? Most people have just been getting the invites via webstar

Congrats! They e-mailed you?? Most people have just been getting the invites via webstar

Yea, they emailed me! I'm so surprised coz I just checked my portal yesterday and didn't even have a status box. Let me check my portal now and see what's on there..

Well, this is totally weird! I just checked my NSU portal and I still don't have the status box that everyone else is talking about! But I DID get the email though stating that I need to call the admission office and schedule an interview. I'm at work so I will call them during my lunch break. But if I can get into LECOM-E and DMU and I don't absolutely hate the schools, I probably would withdraw the NSU interview.

Well, this is totally weird! I just checked my NSU portal and I still don't have the status box that everyone else is talking about! But I DID get the email though stating that I need to call the admission office and schedule an interview. I'm at work so I will call them during my lunch break. But if I can get into LECOM-E and DMU and I don't absolutely hate the schools, I probably would withdraw the NSU interview.

Same here zeta! I scheduled my NSU interview in mid october so I will have the decision of both LECOM and DMU by then. Cool! Seems like we are getting similar interviews.:)

Today is an awesome day! I got an interview invite from NSU and I finally got UCLA's secondary! I never expected to be screened in since my verbal score is incredibly low. :eek: This just tells me that nothing is impossible! If I can make it, you guys can make it too!

Good luck, everyone! :luck::luck::luck:

^^Congrats! Best of luck with UCLA, you're gonna need it :p

I just got a Touro-CA invite...man, I'm really confused now as to how to go about scheduling these things. I'm thinking about booking the schools I really want to go to as early as possible and then booking the ones I'm not as interested in for much later as backups that I can cancel if I don't need them. Anyone have advice/experience with multiple invites?

I just got a Touro-CA invite...man, I'm really confused now as to how to go about scheduling these things. I'm thinking about booking the schools I really want to go to as early as possible and then booking the ones I'm not as interested in for much later as backups that I can cancel if I don't need them. Anyone have advice/experience with multiple invites?

I've been waiting for this invite since last week. Did you get it via mail or email. Also, may I ask when were you complete. I was complete 7/28 for this Touro-CA and haven't heard from them

whoever thought too many invites can be problem? :D

Well my tactic so far is to schedule the interview invites of my top choice schools as early as I'm available and schedule my non top choice school a little later (sufficient time has passed since my last interview to get to a decision) If i get into my top choice schools, I plan to cancel my other interview appointments to reduce cost of flights. For interviews that are local (western U, that is if I get an invite), I'll just go ahead and schedule it early since flight ticket cost won't be an issue.

Touro NV interview just hit the box!!! WOOOWEEE!! Funny thing, I literally called them 10 minutes before just to make sure they had everything. What are your experiences down there?

Damn, i'm waiting on that one haha

My tactic was to just take any interview invite as early as I could get it at the beginning. Recently, I scheduled Touro-NV after the date I should potentially hear back from AZCOM. If I were to get Western, since no flights are involved, I would just take it as early as possible.

Things to consider when deciding which schools to take earlier, some schools require the deposit to be paid within 2 weeks, some 30 days, some follow the traffic guidelines. I wouldn't want someone to be in my position for instance, where I'm likely to find out from AZCOM on the exact day that my LECOM deposit would be due if I were to get in. Keep the deposit deadlines in mind when scheduling, if everyone follows the traffic guidelines you can just schedule them how you like them and make your decision December 14th (decided you are accepted before Nov 15th)

Damn, i'm waiting on that one haha

My tactic was to just take any interview invite as early as I could get it at the beginning. Recently, I scheduled Touro-NV after the date I should potentially hear back from AZCOM. If I were to get Western, since no flights are involved, I would just take it as early as possible.

Things to consider when deciding which schools to take earlier, some schools require the deposit to be paid within 2 weeks, some 30 days, some follow the traffic guidelines. I wouldn't want someone to be in my position for instance, where I'm likely to find out from AZCOM on the exact day that my LECOM deposit would be due if I were to get in. Keep the deposit deadlines in mind when scheduling, if everyone follows the traffic guidelines you can just schedule them how you like them and make your decision December 14th (decided you are accepted before Nov 15th)

Thanks, do you know which schools don't follow traffic guidelines other than LECOM?

Thanks, do you know which schools don't follow traffic guidelines other than LECOM?

Someone said Touro-NY was 2000 w/in 2 weeks. I'm not sure about others. I think its listed in the CIB. FWIW, Touro-NV has a refundable deposit (all but $100) due to Nevada state laws.

Touro NV interview just hit the box!!! WOOOWEEE!! Funny thing, I literally called them 10 minutes before just to make sure they had everything. What are your experiences down there?

Congratulations! I'm going down there on September 27th for the 12:45 interview!

congrats on all the invites!

NSU update! Check your portals....I got an interview!

checked mine the moment i saw u post this and i had the same status change. unfortunately, i waited to call and schedule and now apparently the earliest date is late oct.

CCOM's silence is eating at my insides lol..... but i am grateful for the 3 that i have so far...AZCOM/ATSU-SOMA/NSU but im not even sure ill be able to attend ATSU.

I just don't understand what the deal is with ccom...did i mess up some part of the application or have they just not gotten to it yet lol....i need to know :scared:

yea, still waiting on this one too. and UMDNJ-SOM!!!

whoever thought too many invites can be problem? :D

Well my tactic so far is to schedule the interview invites of my top choice schools as early as I'm available and schedule my non top choice school a little later (sufficient time has passed since my last interview to get to a decision) If i get into my top choice schools, I plan to cancel my other interview appointments to reduce cost of flights. For interviews that are local (western U, that is if I get an invite), I'll just go ahead and schedule it early since flight ticket cost won't be an issue.

if u scheduled an interview date already for one school, but got an invite later at another school of ur top choice, would u reschedule the original one so u can interview earlier at the top choice? just wondering if rescheduling looks bad especially if u had the date set already for a couple of weeks. and i feel you on the cost of flights. ive been pretty much able to handle the costs up to this point, but now im not so sure movin forward

if u scheduled an interview date already for one school, but got an invite later at another school of ur top choice, would u reschedule the original one so u can interview earlier at the top choice? just wondering if rescheduling looks bad especially if u had the date set already for a couple of weeks. and i feel you on the cost of flights. ive been pretty much able to handle the costs up to this point, but now im not so sure movin forward

Schools are pretty understanding if you need to reschedule. I wouldn't flat out say there is a school I want to go to more so I'm rescheduling you to have a shot at them though. Instead a conflict occurred in the scheduling and you would like to know if you could interview at a later date. Some other excuse or valid reason such as monetary reasons or work obligations would also be understandable.

Just finished my 29th and final secondary (Md - Drexel). WOW does it feel good. Time to sit back and let the games begin..

Just finished my 29th and final secondary (Md - Drexel). WOW does it feel good. Time to sit back and let the games begin..

:thumbup:

I still have UCF and UCLA but i'm assuming rejections from both at this point due to my GPA so I've been done a few weeks now. Welcome to the club. Don't get complacent. If you have updates remember to send letters!

Looked this morning and mine says that too... Oh well, no need to complicate my life any more than it needs to be! Haha. I just booked two more flights today... Already freaking out as it is.

You need to leave some interviews for the rest of us anyway ;)

You need to leave some interviews for the rest of us anyway ;)

:laugh: Don't worry! I have a feeling by Oct 1st I will be withdrawing from all of my interviews in October... Hopefully!

:laugh: Don't worry! I have a feeling by Oct 1st I will be withdrawing from all of my interviews in October... Hopefully!

Is that the date that you find out if you get accepted to texas schools?

LECOM=Waitlist... Doesn't sting really... And two rejections this morning... Tulane and Georgetown. Great day huh...

Is that the date that you find out if you get accepted to texas schools?

Haha, no that would be Nov 15th! I have to wait much much longer for my beloved Texas... Oct 1st will hopefully be an AZCOM acceptance which will mean I will immediatly put down a deposit and not interview out of state DO anymore...

Last edited:

My first choice is DMU and luckily its also my very first interview. If I get an interview date for a one school and I get an interview invite from my top choice (assuming that i haven't bought my flight ticket yet), I would give them a call and reschedule to later date to get an earlier date for my top choice. I believe that many people think rescheduling to a later date is a bad idea due to the notion that the earlier the interview the better, but if you are substituting one interview with another one of your top choice then this shouldn't be an issue. I don't think it particularly looks bad if you need to reschedule unless the interview is a few days from now.

LECOM=Waitlist... Doesn't sting really...

Haha, no that would be Nov 15th! I have to wait much much longer for my beloved Texas... Oct 1st will hopefully be an AZCOM acceptance which will mean I will immediatly put down a deposit and not interview out of state DO anymore...

I got rejected by Tulane today. Stings a little. I'm going to have an ulcer by the end of this week.

LECOM=Waitlist... Doesn't sting really...

Oh cool! hopefully you'll get the acceptance. By third of fourth week of september I should hear from DMU whether they have accepted me or not and since it's my top choice, I'll probably end up withdrawing from my other DO interviews. Wish me luck!

I got rejected by Tulane today. Stings a little. I'm going to have an ulcer by the end of this week.

Haha, I just edited my thing to say that... I got two rejections today... So ulcer by tomorrow...

LECOM=Waitlist... Doesn't sting really... And two rejections this morning... Tulane and Georgetown. Great day huh...

Sorry to hear that. You'll be alright, you've got plenty of other interviews and they didn't really give you much of a shot. :( It stings but they weren't very high on your list anyway.

I tried to call and went to voicemail, I'll try to call again at 10PST after lunch

so far i have interviews to four schools:
lecom -erie
lecom -bradenton
nsu
touro-ny

how many interviews would you guys suggest attending to be safe? my goal is to either get into western-u or touro-ca but i just turned in those secondaries last week.
should i attend all of the interviews? i know touro-ny is kinda new and interviews a lot of people so should i just skip that one? i don't want to spend a lot of money having to go everywhere.
i still have to do my md secondaries too. i've only submitted two so far and iono how that's going to turn out yet either.

so far i have interviews to four schools:
lecom -erie
lecom -bradenton
nsu
touro-ny

how many interviews would you guys suggest attending to be safe? my goal is to either get into western-u or touro-ca but i just turned in those secondaries last week.
should i attend all of the interviews? i know touro-ny is kinda new and interviews a lot of people so should i just skip that one? i don't want to spend a lot of money having to go everywhere.
i still have to do my md secondaries too. i've only submitted two so far and iono how that's going to turn out yet either.

Well... I wouldn't have suggested applying to any school you didnt' want to attend. If you feel comfortable attending any of those schools go to interviews until you have an acceptance and then go from there.... If you like a school more than that one, interview, if not, don't go