* * 2010 - 2011 * * Secondary Applications Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn't there anyone here who's going to school (pre-med or medical) in Minnesota?!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think most people are done with this their secondaries. I guess I'm a late applicant and I finished submitting everything this week. Waiting game!!!

eh its not so much secondaries anymore to just a discussion thread lol

They suck. I havent heard anything at all... Keep checking my status and it seems like they are doing nothing with me... Oh well...

On a cooler note, I reached 1000 posts on SDN today! Woot Woot! This either means that I am awesome or that I am lame... Hehe. :laugh:

Maybe a little of both? :D

I think most people are done with this their secondaries. I guess I'm a late applicant and I finished submitting everything this week. Waiting game!!!

Yup, plus it will exist forever as a useful record of discussions for future interview classes. The SDN archives are full of good stuff.

hey guys i know its getting late in the cycle but i was waiting on my mcat before submitting...anyway i'm verified and getting to work on secondaries but I was curious about what people have been doing regarding LORs. Should I send in LORs based on what the CIB says?? Or is it "the more the better" kind of thing. I was originally going to just send in the required 'DO + 2 science' (or whatever the CIB says) but I saw someone say they submitted like 7 which made me wonder??
Thanks!!

hey guys i know its getting late in the cycle but i was waiting on my mcat before submitting...anyway i'm verified and getting to work on secondaries but I was curious about what people have been doing regarding LORs. Should I send in LORs based on what the CIB says?? Or is it "the more the better" kind of thing. I was originally going to just send in the required 'DO + 2 science' (or whatever the CIB says) but I saw someone say they submitted like 7 which made me wonder??
Thanks!!
I just gave all my letters to my premed advisor and she put them into her committee packet that she sent. So overall I had 1 from my coach, 1 from the place I volunteered at, 2 from science profs. and 2 from physicians (1MD and 1DO), and then the premed committee's letter. I've read around these forums and I'm guessing it doesn't hurt to send in all your letters. I forgot which school doesn't like you sending in more than they need.

Maybe a little of both? :D

You are a crazy banana. Hehe.

Still no word really from any med schools... It’s been almost 3 weeks+ with no interview invites and a few rejections. This leads me to believe that I have reached my peak. Yup, I'm a mushy banana if you know what I mean...

If I don’t hear anything this week, I just might cry. Compound that with the lack of sleep I have been getting and it won’t be pretty… On-call 24/7 this week for one of my clinical studies. Awesome. I love getting paged at 2am, thank you. Guess I better get used to it... :eek:

Still no word really from any med schools... It’s been almost 3 weeks+ with no interview invites and a few rejections. This leads me to believe that I have reached my peak. Yup, I'm a mushy banana if you know what I mean...

If I don’t hear anything this week, I just might cry. Compound that with the lack of sleep I have been getting and it won’t be pretty… On-call 24/7 this week for one of my clinical studies. Awesome. I love getting paged at 2am, thank you. Guess I better get used to it... :eek:

You've got more interviews than most, so no panicking allowed! I'm sure you are cake. Plus, MD schools are slower on the invites, so I'm sure you've got more coming. Chin up Noshie!!!

Geeze you guys are making me feel awful. I just got verified this week!

I feel like I'm screwed lol.

Still no word really from any med schools... It's been almost 3 weeks+ with no interview invites and a few rejections. This leads me to believe that I have reached my peak. Yup, I'm a mushy banana if you know what I mean...

If I don't hear anything this week, I just might cry. Compound that with the lack of sleep I have been getting and it won't be pretty… On-call 24/7 this week for one of my clinical studies. Awesome. I love getting paged at 2am, thank you. Guess I better get used to it... :eek:

I'm totally with you on this one. I haven't heard anything for a long time. At this point, I'd even take a rejection...

Hi,

I've been receiving secondary applications and many of the essays ask about osteopathic experience and shadowing, and I currently have none (I am working on securing a shadowing position). I was wondering how people in similar situations handled these questions? I have a lot of background knowledge on osteopathic medicine (have a fmaily member that is a DO and through my own research and reading) but no hands on experience.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Members don't see this ad :)
AZCOM acceptance today!!! Loved that school, and I actually really liked Phoenix... I have 3 more out of state DO interviews in October, but AZCOM is my top out of state DO school, so I am calling all of the DO schools today to withdraw my application! Hopefully these interviews will roll over to you guys!

Paying the $1000 deposit soon for AZCOM... I have to say, I love how AZCOM gives you until December 15th to pay the deposit... All of the DO schools are supposed to do this, but most don't. It just makes me realize how AZCOM really cares for its students and that they let the reputation of their school stand for itself. And they have a refund policy on the deposit I believe.

I have a Tech El Paso interview tomorrow! I am glad I have this acceptance in hand, but my heart is still in Texas. :love: If I feel this excited about getting the AZCOM acceptance, I can only imagine the amazing feeling I will have if I get a Texas acceptance... Only a month and a half left to find out my Texas status!

Last edited:
I got into DMU!!!!!!!!! Best feeling EVER! :D:D:D

congrats on the acceptance!!

AZCOM acceptance today!!! Loved that school, and I actually really liked Phoenix... I have 3 more out of state DO interviews in October, but AZCOM is my top out of state DO school, so I am calling all of the DO schools today to withdraw my application! Hopefully these interviews will roll over to you guys!

Paying the $1000 deposit soon for AZCOM... I have to say, I love how AZCOM gives you until December 15th to pay the deposit... All of the DO schools are supposed to do this, but most don't. It just makes me realize how AZCOM really cares for its students and that they let the reputation of their school stand for itself. And they have a refund policy on the deposit I believe.

I have a Tech El Paso interview tomorrow! I am glad I have this acceptance in hand, but my heart is still in Texas. :love: If I feel this excited about getting the AZCOM acceptance, I can only imagine the amazing feeling I will have if I get a Texas acceptance... Only a month and a half left to find out my Texas status!

noshie im so glad u got that acceptance! congrats! u def deserve it with all that work you put it. its a good thing u didnt have to put down a $1500 deposit at another school. guess things worked out like that for a reason ;)

congrats noshie!! :thumbup:

Congrats girl, this is your third time applying right? I'm happy for you :thumbup:

i have a secondary app that's about 2 months old ... should i even bother to do it at this point, or will i pretty much get a flat out rejection?

touro-ca interview!!! yessss!!!! =]

Congrats!!!

i have a secondary app that's about 2 months old ... should i even bother to do it at this point, or will i pretty much get a flat out rejection?

It depends... Do you really want to go to that school? I wouldn't say it will be a flat out rejection... If you feel like you need to apply there because you have a lack of interviews or you really want to go there, then I would say you should turn it in now rather than wonder what would have been after they cycle is over...

I'm still so happy with my DMU acceptance! I also got my LECOM Erie acceptance this week. I'm looking forward to my western interview to see what they are all about. As of today, DMU is still my first choice.

right now, i have five interviews...
but i'm dying to go to touro-ca!!! does anyone know what percentage of their interviewees they accept?
i'm basically attending the other interviews for practice for touro....and in the case that i am not admitted...but touro-ca has been my first choice for over a year.

I've been complete at most schools since end of August/early September.

I'm on the alternate list for LECOM-B. I'm interviewing at Touro-NY and LECOM-E soon. Rejected by Rocky Vista because I didn't have enough "upper division microbiology/science" classes.

Still waiting on 8 schools. Hopefully I get more interviews :/

GPA 3.6 cum 3.3 sci
MCAT 29Q
Pretty good ECs