* * 2010 - 2011 * * Secondary Applications Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well... I wouldn't have suggested applying to any school you didnt' want to attend. If you feel comfortable attending any of those schools go to interviews until you have an acceptance and then go from there.... If you like a school more than that one, interview, if not, don't go

i wouldn't mind going to any of them but ultimately, if i'm lucky enough to get in, my top choice would be to stay in california. i just want to stay on the safe side...i don't want to risk not getting accepted anywhere. you're right, i just have to interview everywhere til i get in somewhere. gosh, this is so stressful.

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: Don't worry! I have a feeling by Oct 1st I will be withdrawing from all of my interviews in October... Hopefully!

hope it does play out for you like that, good luck!

LECOM=Waitlist... Doesn't sting really... And two rejections this morning... Tulane and Georgetown. Great day huh...

I got rejected by Tulane today. Stings a little. I'm going to have an ulcer by the end of this week.

sorry to hear about the rejections. and noshie, lecom probably saw all your posts on SDN!

@ doctorpurple/Dbdan regarding rescheduling - true.. i def was worried about hurting my chances if i reschedule, but i guess dont have to worry about it anymore since all the early dates for the school i was thinkin of are already filled

@ megathunder: i know the feeling, you feel like you have so much time in the day! ive felt so unproductive ever since i finished turning in secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it odd that I haven't heard anything from NYCOM and WCU-COM (not even a primary app confirmation)?

sorry to hear about the rejections. and noshie, lecom probably saw all your posts on SDN!

Haha, I was thinking that... But I didnt post anything bad in the LECOM forum so I thought I'd be safe... Plus, I try not to hold back my feelings about things, I'm a pretty open person as all of you can tell :rolleyes:

aha, I got an email from Tulane this morning. To be honest, the subject title got me excited "**IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM TULANE**". So I clicked it and found out it was a rejection email, lol..Surprisingly, I'm not that upset. The only thing that got me sad was the 75 bucks that I paid for the secondary. Haha, I could have used it for something else..:rolleyes:

aha, I got an email from Tulane this morning. To be honest, the subject title got me excited "**IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM TULANE**". So I clicked it and found out it was a rejection email, lol..Surprisingly, I'm not that upset. The only thing that got me sad was the 75 bucks that I paid for the secondary. Haha, I could have used it for something else..:rolleyes:

When were you complete, like got the complete e-mail?? I had sent everything 7/14 and got the complete e-mail on 8/10. Haven't heard anything from them since. Which I guess is a good thing. Not to make it worse but Tulane was 125 btw

When were you complete, like got the complete e-mail?? I had sent everything 7/14 and got the complete e-mail on 8/10. Haven't heard anything from them since. Which I guess is a good thing. Not to make it worse but Tulane was 125 btw

What the heck?! :mad: $125?! I totally forgot how much money they took from me :(

I got the completion email on 8/09. :)

KCUMB interview! (via email)

#7... damn... you and SEDaniel stealin all my interview spots lol Your GPA is only a little better than mine :( how come I don't get all the interviews congrats though. Go Bruins! lol Updated in the spreadsheet

Last edited:
KCUMB interview! (via email)

nice mega! i immediately went and submitted my KCUMB secondary after i saw this. guess im kinda late on that one

Is it odd that I haven't heard anything from NYCOM and WCU-COM (not even a primary app confirmation)?

was wonderin the same thing about NYCOM. the only email I ever got from them was a payment confirmation but other then that, nothing

Haha, I was thinking that... But I didnt post anything bad in the LECOM forum so I thought I'd be safe... Plus, I try not to hold back my feelings about things, I'm a pretty open person as all of you can tell :rolleyes:

haha yea..i sometimes get paranoid about postin stuff. at least now u can focus on ur other invites and not worry bout the 1500 deposit

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup::thumbup: good job! mega!

#7... damn... you and SEDaniel stealin all my interview spots lol Your GPA is only a little better than mine :( how come I don't get all the interviews congrats though. Go Bruins! lol Updated in the spreadsheet

Congrats dude!

nice mega! i immediately went and submitted my KCUMB secondary after i saw this. guess im kinda late on that one

Thanks guys, It's not looking good for DMU and CCOM for me but I'm just holding out for PCOM and then I'm ready to call it quits. Best of luck to all of us in the final stretch.

Thanks guys, It's not looking good for DMU and CCOM for me but I'm just holding out for PCOM and then I'm ready to call it quits. Best of luck to all of us in the final stretch.

Final stretch? its still early my friend. People are still submitting primaries, interviews go through april. Western hasn't started yet, PCOMs haven't started. CCOM I'm sure is far from done. Give it time, send updates.

so AACOMAS finally got my MCAT score, should I be worried that schools might not get my score from them on Tuesday? I really don't want this to have to wait another week, since the damn score is the only thing all my schools are waiting on to start evaluating my secondaries.??????

so AACOMAS finally got my MCAT score, should I be worried that schools might not get my score from them on Tuesday? I really don't want this to have to wait another week, since the damn score is the only thing all my schools are waiting on to start evaluating my secondaries.??????

Why exactly are you up at 5:30am? lol

Since your scores got there on a friday, you can expect it to be re-released next Tuesday to schools. Don't worry, you should be fine.

What the heck?! :mad: $125?! I totally forgot how much money they took from me :(

I got the completion email on 8/09. :)

Well, as expected I got the e-mail from them today. Was complete on 8/10. Seems like they are evaluating on a daily basis :laugh:

Well, as expected I got the e-mail from them today. Was complete on 8/10. Seems like they are evaluating on a daily basis :laugh:

:(

Question:

Did Western-Pomona ever send you guys a completion email? I checked my banking account last night, and they deposited the $65 check. So I assume they've already gotten my check and signature page. But did they send you an email about receiving the LORs?

:(

Question:

Did Western-Pomona ever send you guys a completion email? I checked my banking account last night, and they deposited the $65 check. So I assume they've already gotten my check and signature page. But did they send you an email about receiving the LORs?

I never received an email about receiving my LORs, but you can check your status in BanWeb. Once you login, click on your processed application, and you should see your "application status" and what they have received.

I never received an email about receiving my LORs, but you can check your status in BanWeb. Once you login, click on your processed application, and you should see your "application status" and what they have received.

Thank you so much! I just checked the BANweb, and it seems that they got everything from me :p But the date was kind of messed up though (Application processed date/MCAT date)..

Thank you so much! I just checked the BANweb, and it seems that they got everything from me :p But the date was kind of messed up though (Application processed date/MCAT date)..

No problem :)

Does it say "complete ready for review" for the "application status" for you too?

Put on hold at DMU. Figures, no secondary essays means it's pretty much a numbers game.

Put on hold at DMU. Figures, no secondary essays means it's pretty much a numbers game.

Me too mega. It has been 30 days so I called them today and demanded an interview and then they put me on hold. :(

My LOR writers was even from DMU. Dang.

Why exactly are you up at 5:30am? lol

Since your scores got there on a friday, you can expect it to be re-released next Tuesday to schools. Don't worry, you should be fine.

LOL! I was at work, bored to death and worrying about my applications, haha.

megathunder and kuanileqa, sorry to hear about that. you guys mind sharing your stats? i'm really interested in Des Moines and want to know whether i will have a chance to hear good news from them....

megathunder and kuanileqa, sorry to hear about that. you guys mind sharing your stats? i'm really interested in Des Moines and want to know whether i will have a chance to hear good news from them....

24M, 3.59c, 3.4s. They seem to judge more objectively than other schools (i.e. lack of essay in supplemental). I submitted my supplemental a month ago--It is always worth your time and while to apply to a school if you are at all interested in going. Don't let a couple of posts discourage you from applying, after all, getting put on hold is not a rejection. Best of luck to you!

So I just got back from Florida (not for an interview, just for a vacation). Unfortunately things are the exact same as they were before I left. TMDSAS is still verifying my primary... and no interviews from the LECOM schools yet. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear about the rejections, but also happy to hear about some of ya'lls interview invites!!

Hmm... is it ethical to do secondaries on Labor Day? lol

I just realized that I have not received anything from any school since Wednesday... When I was waitlisted and got two rejections... What a week. Oh well, good things to come next week I hope! For all of us!

On a good note, I just made my own blueberry jam and then made french toast and smothered it with the jam... It made me feel a little better. :)

I just realized that I have not received anything from any school since Wednesday... When I was waitlisted and got two rejections... What a week. Oh well, good things to come next week I hope! For all of us!

On a good note, I just made my own blueberry jam and then made french toast and smothered it with the jam... It made me feel a little better. :)

Welcome to the club. I got 2 rejections this week :( I also got an interview at Touro-NV Monday though so I guess the week wasn't TOO bad. I got waitlisted and rejected there last year though

maybe this is a dumb question, but how do you go about updating schools? do you just do it via email or phone? and what is update-worthy? for example, i just got a new job as an elementary school teacher and i'm shadowing a new DO ... any of that worthy of an update?

ahhhhhhh :eek: i hate the application process :( i'm sure many of you share the pain heh

maybe this is a dumb question, but how do you go about updating schools? do you just do it via email or phone? and what is update-worthy? for example, i just got a new job as an elementary school teacher and i'm shadowing a new DO ... any of that worthy of an update?

ahhhhhhh :eek: i hate the application process :( i'm sure many of you share the pain heh

Those are good things to tell them about... You could write a formal update letter and send it out to each school to let them know that you are still gaining experiences.

Those are good things to tell them about... You could write a formal update letter and send it out to each school to let them know that you are still gaining experiences.

do you send a formal email directly to the school?

Last edited:
do you send a formal email directly to the school?

I believe so... I have never done one, but a lot of people do them. I would think sending them directly to the school would be best. When I sent out my CV, I just sent them to each schools address with admissions listed as the destination.

I believe so... I have never done one, but a lot of people do them. I would think sending them directly to the school would be best. When I sent out my CV, I just sent them to each schools address with admissions listed as the destination.

ooh ok thanks noshie!

I have a similar question as blueflower.

In between the time I sent in my primary, I have become a National Member of 2 organizations, joined another honors organization, founded another greek club... joined a service internship, and become a tutor for a class.

Would it be okay to simply put all this on my CV instead of updating the schools directly? I haven't sent in my secondaries yet, so they don't have my CV.

However, since I don't think all secondaries request a CV... I guess I should let the schools know individually, as Noshie said. Are the above EC's adequate enough to send an update? And... (this is my paranoia kicking in), would they be suspicious that I got involved in all these things in such a short amount of time (I submitted AACOMAS on 7/25).

Can someone post NSU/NOVA and Lecoms secondary app essay questions?

Thanks

I don't think either the Lecoms or NSU had secondary app essay questions. Their secondaries were quick question/answer + give money = done.

Can someone post NSU/NOVA and Lecoms secondary app essay questions?

Thanks

Yea, I don't think Nova has essays for the secondary. But you do need to retype all your ECs and list all schools that you've applied to (both MD and DO), which is kind of annoying..lol

Yea, I don't think Nova has essays for the secondary. But you do need to retype all your ECs and list all schools that you've applied to (both MD and DO), which is kind of annoying..lol

haha oh yea that was really annoying .. i dont think i even bothered to list everything

That was a pain... I remember copying and pasting those from AMCAS and AACOMAS, but it still required quite a bit of editing to present it in their format, but easier than another essay, although at this point I have an essay for just about every topic... Copy + Paste = Done... Gotta love it.

That was a pain... I remember copying and pasting those from AMCAS and AACOMAS, but it still required quite a bit of editing to present it in their format, but easier than another essay, although at this point I have an essay for just about every topic... Copy + Paste = Done... Gotta love it.

yeah I do the same, except I just got the secondary from touro NY and I have to explain why I want to go to Harlem NY?

yeah I do the same, except I just got the secondary from touro NY and I have to explain why I want to go to Harlem NY?

Haha. Yeah, that's one you'll need to add a new intro to, but then you can tie right into the "... and serve underrepresented communities..." part that all the schools want to hear. Harlem would certainly make that an easy tie in. :p

DbDan - I think your illness has spread through SDN ;)

I've spent the last 2 days sick in bed with flulike symptoms. I went in and pretty much demanded some Relenza since I have to leave in 1 1/2 wks for interviews. I'm feeling a little bit better today. I'm glad this happened this weekend and not next.

Its going to be a great week. Why you ask?

MY D.O. LETTER ARRIVED AT INTERFOLIO!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

You guys know that I've been working to get this letter since April.

YAY!!!

Now I can be complete. :luck::xf::luck:

Its going to be a great week. Why you ask?

MY D.O. LETTER ARRIVED AT INTERFOLIO!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

You guys know that I've been working to get this letter since April.

YAY!!!

Now I can be complete. :luck::xf::luck:

:laugh: congrats peachy!

NYCOM Secondary just hit the inbox. Gotta decide if I want to submit it. I don't really want to do this, I've been done for a month now haha

NYCOM Secondary just hit the inbox. Gotta decide if I want to submit it. I don't really want to do this, I've been done for a month now haha

I already freaking did the secondary forever ago and just got that invite too! I guess I need to call and make sure they got it...

And Im so happy for you Peachy, now you will be getting interviews like crazy!