**2010-2011** "What are my Chances? Where Should I apply? What should I do?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and i will be applying to DO schools this summer and i wanted to know what are my chances of getting in a DO school. I just graduated from Binghamton university this year.

Taken Mcat multiple time, most recent score: 24N
overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.42
I also have lots of volunteer work in hospital (150 hours), also did an internship in hospital (120 hours), and have good leadership experience in college. I am also shadowing a pediatrician (MD) and will get a recommendation from him. I am also thinking about shadowing a DO doctor this summer. My main weakness is my Mcat score. Do you guys recommend that i should take it again or should i be okay to get an interview with this score. Really appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread has ongoing discussion pertinent to previous posters and as such will remain open. Also, some members may choose to post in this thread which is located in the PO forum and thus seen, read, and responded to by regular PO members and osteo med students.

Hi,

This is my first time posting on here. And I would really appreciate some help!! I am a 22 year old female (Asian). I graduated in May with a B.S. in chemical Engineering. My cumulative GPA is 3.34 . I have taken the MCAT 3 times and have done really terrible.

May 2009 = 22M
July 2009 = 19N
May 2010 = 23O

I really thought I would get +30 on the last exam since I was averaging 30-32 on the practice exams. I am just a terrible terrible test taker. I have 4 good LORs and enough ECs. I was wondering if I should apply to DO schools at all this year or try to take the MCAT 4th time?!

PLEASE HELP! :(

Hi everyone this is my first time posting.
I was hoping some of you could chime in and tell me what are my chances for DO school.
32 y/o Non-trad student with a 2 yr old boy:

cGPA 3.16
sGPA 3.48
non-science GPA 2.58 ( I was a bad boy when I was young and took those classes ten years ago. )
upward trend, last 60 units of science courses 3.8 GPA

1/27/2010 MCAT 26M (PS 8, VR 9, BS 9)
5/27/2010 MCAT 26O UGH !!!! (PS 9, VR 8, BS 9)

25 hours shadowing DO with great LOR
40 hours shadowing MD
100 hours as a Hospice Volunteer
and i just recently began volunteering at Hospital ER
1 semester of Research
BS degree in BIO minor in Chem

I am sending in my primary in the next two days
Applying to Western U, LECOM Erie, TUCOM-CA, TUCOM-NV, AZCOM, DMU-Com, and RVUCOM.
Should I apply to more schools and what are my chances, thank you all very much.

I know my stats are low, but I'd like to know my shot with osteopathic schools anyway. Much appreciated.

cGPA: 3.3
sGPA: 3.1
mcat: 23Q

Research: 2 years of exp + 1 publication

Clinical: 7 yrs of exp at the same hospital; got to really know the people so got to watch things like open heart surgery etc.

Volunteer: did medical missions in Mexico, China, and Jamaica for a few years

Other: double major in art history and bio, have strong letter of recs from teachers, DO, and MD

Thank you.

Checked my MCAT scores today... not too happy.

PS 11 VR 6 BS 10 Writing Q
Total: 27Q

sGPA 2.96
cum GPA 3.16
non-science 3.44

ECs:

Major: Biochemistry
1000+ hours as volunteer EMT w/ leadership positions
Global Medical Brigades (2 immersion trips setting up health clinics in 3rd world countries)
Chem Club
1 year of organic chemistry research

DO letter

I know this MCAT score isnt' HORRIBLE for DO schools but I was really shooting for a better score to make up for my low GPA. Plus I think I would be screened out because of my god awful verbal score. Now the question is... do I even have a shot with my stats? If so... where (CA resident)? If I re-took my MCAT around end of August would I still stand a good chance in this application cycle or is it too late?

- a very frustrated first post

p.s. I HATE VERBAL

Your ECs are good, your GPA is worrisome, particularly that yoru cGPA is above 3.0 but your sGPA is below. Your MCAT is about average for DO schools but your verbal score will get you screened out of at least 2 schools. Look at schools which tend to give lower stat applicants a chance. LECOMs spring to mind. THere are a few others as well.

Hi,

This is my first time posting on here. And I would really appreciate some help!! I am a 22 year old female (Asian). I graduated in May with a B.S. in chemical Engineering. My cumulative GPA is 3.34 . I have taken the MCAT 3 times and have done really terrible.

May 2009 = 22M
July 2009 = 19N
May 2010 = 23O

I really thought I would get +30 on the last exam since I was averaging 30-32 on the practice exams. I am just a terrible terrible test taker. I have 4 good LORs and enough ECs. I was wondering if I should apply to DO schools at all this year or try to take the MCAT 4th time?!

PLEASE HELP! :(

Your GPA is about average and its in engineering, which is difficult. Your MCAT however is worrisome. If the breakdown of your MCAT has a section under 7 you are going to be immediately screened out of some schools. Can you pinpoint a reason for the 8 point difference in your practice tests vs. real thing? You should probably figure out why that is happening and a retake would be in order. One last time but make sure you get a 27+ this time. If you can manage a 30 you'd be golden.

Hi everyone this is my first time posting.
I was hoping some of you could chime in and tell me what are my chances for DO school.
32 y/o Non-trad student with a 2 yr old boy:

cGPA 3.16
sGPA 3.48
non-science GPA 2.58 ( I was a bad boy when I was young and took those classes ten years ago. )
upward trend, last 60 units of science courses 3.8 GPA

1/27/2010 MCAT 26M (PS 8, VR 9, BS 9)
5/27/2010 MCAT 26O UGH !!!! (PS 9, VR 8, BS 9)

25 hours shadowing DO with great LOR
40 hours shadowing MD
100 hours as a Hospice Volunteer
and i just recently began volunteering at Hospital ER
1 semester of Research
BS degree in BIO minor in Chem

I am sending in my primary in the next two days
Applying to Western U, LECOM Erie, TUCOM-CA, TUCOM-NV, AZCOM, DMU-Com, and RVUCOM.
Should I apply to more schools and what are my chances, thank you all very much.

Good sGPA, strong upward trend. Your MCAT not improving hurts your application but not substantially. You are about average in both GPA and MCAT for DO schools. Western is typically higher stats but you've got a shot. You should get at least a few interviews of the 7 schools you are applying to IMO. Good luck

I know my stats are low, but I'd like to know my shot with osteopathic schools anyway. Much appreciated.

cGPA: 3.3
sGPA: 3.1
mcat: 23Q

Research: 2 years of exp + 1 publication

Clinical: 7 yrs of exp at the same hospital; got to really know the people so got to watch things like open heart surgery etc.

Volunteer: did medical missions in Mexico, China, and Jamaica for a few years

Other: double major in art history and bio, have strong letter of recs from teachers, DO, and MD

Thank you.

Alot of clinical experience, good letters, good research experiences, all good things. The negative is both your sGPA and MCAT are below average. You've got a shot, people have gotten in with similar stats but you are definitely an underdog. If you can retake the MCAT and get a better score I'd recommend it.

Now that that's cleared up.....

There is a whole new subforum for this exact thing. This thread was created before that was there. New posters should try to use that instead.

Please post new What are my chances HERE

So, I just got my MCAT score back today and am very curious if anyone else is in my situation or knows anyone who got accepted with a similar situation:
MCAT: 24M (PS:7 V:8 BS:9)
cGPA: 3.69
sGPA: about 3.3

EC: Club president(s), medical missions, community service stuff, etc....

Also, (i'm sure this has been answered a million times) can schools see how many other schools you are applying to?

Thanks for your time, whoever responds to this is my hero. :thumbup:

There is a whole new subforum for this exact thing. This thread was created before that was there. New posters should try to use that instead.

Please post new What are my chances HERE
I'm just not a big fan of this new what are my chances forum. Too many colors and too many posts. I rather like this subforum.

I'm just not a big fan of this new what are my chances forum. Too many colors and too many posts. I rather like this subforum.

The new forum is good because there is less confusion over who is posting where and your post is less likely to be passed over because it winds up on the bottom of a page. We fought for it, we might as well use it.

Alot of clinical experience, good letters, good research experiences, all good things. The negative is both your sGPA and MCAT are below average. You've got a shot, people have gotten in with similar stats but you are definitely an underdog. If you can retake the MCAT and get a better score I'd recommend it.

Thanks for the advice DbDan. A couple more questions ...

What are my chances regarding LECOM, TUCOM, and PCOM?

Lastly, to truly improve on the mcat, I'd need a lot more time to study. When would be the latest date you'd recommend I could still take the test? I already submitted my AACOMAS app for this cycle. :confused:

Oh yea, I forgot to mention I'm a Cali. applicant too.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice DbDan. A couple more questions ...

What are my chances regarding LECOM, TUCOM, and PCOM?

Lastly, to truly improve on the mcat, I'd need a lot more time to study. When would be the latest date you'd recommend I could still take the test? I already submitted my AACOMAS app for this cycle. :confused:

Oh yea, I forgot to mention I'm a Cali. applicant too.

Thank you!

PCOM is generally biased towards east coast from what I've read and with subpar stats it will be difficult. There are 2 LECOMs but both seem to be willing to interview those with lower stats. The touro's seem to give leeway with a discrepancy in scores (high MCAT/low GPA or visa versa) but I'm not sure what your chances would be. It's difficult to gauge but your clinical experience should hopefully get you a look somewhere.

I'd try to take the MCAT by the end of the year, the earlier the better. Are your scores balanced? are any under 7? Under 7 in any section seems to be a red flag in some cases.

I'd try to take the MCAT by the end of the year, the earlier the better. Are your scores balanced? are any under 7? Under 7 in any section seems to be a red flag in some cases.

Phys: 7
Verbal: 8
Writing: Q
Bio: 8

:(

Phys: 7
Verbal: 8
Writing: Q
Bio: 8

:(

That is actually best case scenario for your test scores. You meet the screening requirements for every school since no section is under 7. Might as well apply and hope that someone like the amount of clinical exposure you have had. If you feel you can increase that MCAT score though it would be ideal (although people have gotten in with similar stats so don't lose hope). Good luck

Hi, I just got my MCAT scores and I would love some advice/opinions on what my chances are.

-Graduated Whitworth U with a BS in Bio and a BA in Chem.
-28 O on my MCATS (10 in bio, 10 in phys, 8 in verbal)
-3.6cGPA/3.55sGPA.
-good EC's including chem research and clinical medicine in guatemala for a month.

I don't think I'm very competitive for MD schools, but that's okay because I like DOs better :D

TOP SCHOOLS: CCOM, PCOM, MSUCOM, PNWU, TOURO - CA&NY
What are my chances?? Any other suggestions of "good" schools? I don't know very much about other schools :confused: THANKS FOR THE HELP!

hi, i just got my mcat scores and i would love some advice/opinions on what my chances are.

-graduated whitworth u with a bs in bio and a ba in chem.
-28 o on my mcats (10 in bio, 10 in phys, 8 in verbal)
-3.6cgpa/3.55sgpa.
-good ec's including chem research and clinical medicine in guatemala for a month.

I don't think i'm very competitive for md schools, but that's okay because i like dos better :hungover:

top schools: Ccom, pcom, msucom, pnwu, touro - ca&ny
what are my chances?? Any other suggestions of "good" schools? I don't know very much about other schools :confused: Thanks for the help!

lecom :)

That is actually best case scenario for your test scores. You meet the screening requirements for every school since no section is under 7. Might as well apply and hope that someone like the amount of clinical exposure you have had. If you feel you can increase that MCAT score though it would be ideal (although people have gotten in with similar stats so don't lose hope). Good luck

Thanks for the advice. Good luck to you too.

This process is so stressful. I hope everything works out. :xf:

3.05 sGPA
3.20 cGPA

What messed me up was one of the semesters I took 18 credit hours of all science courses (Physiology 'B', Biochemistry 'C', Physics 'C', Physics Lab 'C', Microbiology 'C', Genetics 'B') and on top of that I worked as an assistant manager at a restaurant. Ya I know I screwed up....

What do I have to get on the MCAT to have a decent chance at getting accepted to any D.O School?

yup! im in state
i have 760 hrs of extracurriculars and counting..without counting my job as a supplemental instructor..but i jez have no idea how much they look at the writing

yup! im in state
i have 760 hrs of extracurriculars and counting..without counting my job as a supplemental instructor..but i jez have no idea how much they look at the writing

The writing section doesn't mean much at all. Nobody told you this before?

Anyway, an M is like 30th percentile I believe. Which is perfectly fine. The only time the writing section would come into play is if you get a 5th percentile or 10th percentile score.

The writing section doesn't mean much at all. Nobody told you this before?

Anyway, an M is like 30th percentile I believe. Which is perfectly fine. The only time the writing section would come into play is if you get a 5th percentile or 10th percentile score.

Gud, cuz I gotta M two! J/K I don't get it, I got a 24M thinking I smoked the writing portion (being a Sociology major, I was hoping that all that worthless writing was worth something!). Anyway, i've been worried about that as well, but haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that there is a lot of substance in the letter; only the number.
Good luck!

Hi, you guys mentioned that if we have a MCAT section under 7, we will be screened out of some schools. Do you happen to know what these schools are? Thanks..

Hi everyone, first time user here!

I am confused?

Am, I aloud to submit my application to aacomas, but then decide to retake my MCAT after it is submitted? Am I aloud to add more D.O. schools after I submit my application? I was reading previous posts and it left me under the impression that the above questions were aloud, but I didn't think they were. Thanks for the clarification!

I am applying to the following DO schools: A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona, AZ Submitted to AACOMAS Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, AZ Submitted to AACOMAS Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, Admissions Office, IL Submitted to AACOMAS Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MI Submitted to AACOMAS New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of NYIT, NY Submitted to AACOMAS Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL Submitted to AACOMAS Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY Submitted to AACOMAS Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA Submitted to AACOMAS Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV Submitted to AACOMAS University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Osteopathic Medicine, NJ Submitted to AACOMAS Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR Submitted to AACOMAS Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA

I have a 3.67 non sci GPA, 3.88 science GPA, and 3.77 overall GPA. I have taken the MCAT 3 times: 22 Q (9 phy, 6 verb, 8 bio), 24R (8p, 7v, 9b), and 25N (8p, 7v, 10b), with 25N being the most recent.

I have had 100 hours of DO shadowing, vice president of a club for 2 years, historian/webmaster for another club for 1 year, played for my club tennis team, volunteered at the (ER, radiology, and ophthalmology) departments, shadowed a student run clinic for 10 hours, and researched for 3 different labs.

I have 2 sci prof, 1 eng prof, 1 MD, 1 DO, letter of recommendations.

I am a Cali resident who graduated from a UC.
I have submitted and have had my application verified, I am really worried about my MCAT score, but I think I should apply early rather than taking it again which might hold my application back. Also, should I add more schools to the list? What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance for your help!

It's good that you applied early. That improves your chances a lot.

Your gpa, LOR's, ECs, shadowing are all good. Your mcat is around average.

I don't think it will help to retake the mcat. You've taken it 3 times and haven't made any big jumps. Unless you've changed your study strategy significantly, I don't think it's very likely you'll have a huge increase, and there could be a chance you'd do worse than the last time. The 22 was low, but the 25 gives you a better shot.

As for the schools - honestly I didn't read them. If you are going to post on sdn, it would probably be good to learn the abbeviations and list them. The paragraph of complete names and statuses was messy to read. More people will respond if they can quickly glance through your school list. But based on the length of the paragraph, you've probably got enough schools.

As for the schools - honestly I didn't read them. If you are going to post on sdn, it would probably be good to learn the abbeviations and list them. The paragraph of complete names and statuses was messy to read. More people will respond if they can quickly glance through your school list. But based on the length of the paragraph, you've probably got enough schools.

:laugh:

Good point. Lists >>> paragraphs.

Hey guys! So, I am currently at a loss. I put 500 hours into studying for the MCAT, which I took in May and still did not get the score I was looking to achieve, which was a minimum of a 24. On AACOMAS, I have a cumulative undergrad gpa of 3.31, a non-science gpa of 3.33 and a science gpa of 3.29. I have always had to work hard for my grades, and believe me, I am not above hard work right now, as you can see. If anyone else has had difficulty with standardize testing in the past and has found a way to better their score, please let me know. It's not that I don't know the information. Unfourtanetly, the situation is that I am currently not able to convey all that I know during the test, and thus my scores are not reflecting my true abilities. One word equals me right now, frustration! :idea:

Hey guys! So, I am currently at a loss. I put 500 hours into studying for the MCAT, which I took in May and still did not get the score I was looking to achieve, which was a minimum of a 24. On AACOMAS, I have a cumulative undergrad gpa of 3.31, a non-science gpa of 3.33 and a science gpa of 3.29. I have always had to work hard for my grades, and believe me, I am not above hard work right now, as you can see. If anyone else has had difficulty with standardize testing in the past and has found a way to better their score, please let me know. It's not that I don't know the information. Unfourtanetly, the situation is that I am currently not able to convey all that I know during the test, and thus my scores are not reflecting my true abilities. One word equals me right now, frustration! :idea:
Hard work only gets you so far in life. Eventually you just have to know it/ be able to do it. But I know how you feel I killed myself trying to get my verbal score up to match my sciences but I was unable to and it puts a drag on what would have otherwise been a good score. Did you take a prep class or just study with books?

What should I do....

I just got the secondary for Pikeville.

1. Should I wait about 6 weeks, for my cGPA to be raised from a 3.11 to 3.22 (because I am retaking an Art Class that I got an F in the first time)

or

2. Should I submit it now, with a 3.11 cGPA (with this art class listed as "Repeat To Be Taken, RNY" on my application)...and then update my application in 6 weeks with the grade for this art course

?

What should I do....

I just got the secondary for Pikeville.

1. Should I wait about 6 weeks, for my cGPA to be raised from a 3.11 to 3.22 (because I am retaking an Art Class that I got an F in the first time)

or

2. Should I submit it now, with a 3.11 cGPA (with this art class listed as "Repeat To Be Taken, RNY" on my application)...and then update my application in 6 weeks with the grade for this art course

?

Personally, I'd submit now and update in 6 weeks. I just can't see putting an application off until September due to that.

On another note, I WISH I had the balls to retake the single class I failed. It doesn't factor into my science GPA either but if I were to retake Computer Science (**** programming) my cGPA would go from 2.90 to 2.98. I just CANNOT do it, its brutally difficult to see that grade there too

On another note, I WISH I had the balls to retake the single class I failed. It doesn't factor into my science GPA either but if I were to retake Computer Science (**** programming) my cGPA would go from 2.90 to 2.98. I just CANNOT do it, its brutally difficult to see that grade there too
Wow, you find programming to be this impossibly hard even though you took a year of organic chemistry? Find that kinda surprising.

Wow, you find programming to be this impossibly hard even though you took a year of organic chemistry? Find that kinda surprising.
C/C++/C# Programming are a lot harder than organic chem...trust me.

C/C++/C# Programming are a lot harder than organic chem...trust me.

That is your problem. If it's only intro, take a Java class or even Python :)
So much easier, more logical, and the code is more readable. Why some undergrad institutions teach C++ in intro is beyond me.

mmk im sure everyone is used to this question by now but im asking it anyway lol. sooo what are my chances of getting in to any DO schools with these stats:

cumGPA (from UCIrvine) : 3.208
science gpa (according to my transcript) : ~3.1 ish
MCAT: 24Q (V:10 B:8 P:6)
I am also thinking of retaking the MCAT aug 5th.

2 years of research, 100+ hours at a free clinic, member of a couple clubs, dean's list a few times,shadowed a doc for 3 years, volunteeres at a state mental disabilities hospital

thanks for the help!

is there a place with a list of linkage programs for DO schools? I dunno if they're called SMPs, but I need something that will accept low GPAs.

Also, in order to raise my GPA would you suggest taking a year off and then applying? In the year off I would retake the pre-reqs since I got C's in all of them. By the end of this year (my senior year) I might be able to achieve a 3.0 GPA.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Just received my MCAT score: PS:6, V:10, BS: 9 =25 O
cGPA= 3.71 sGPA= 3.65

Submitted early and was verified mid-June. Haven't started working on secondaries yet because I had a bad feeling coming out of the test (June 17) and I do not want to waste the time/money if I have no shot.

Schools applied to: NYCOM (in-state), LECOM-E, CCOM, PCOM, A.T.Still-K, RVUCOM, AZCOM, TOURO-AZ, TOURO-NV, Western-Lebanon, OR.

Any hope for this cycle?

Any words of advice with this... I had a 23R =( [10BS, 7PS, 6V]. A cumulative gpa of 3.5. I am debating to apply next cycle and I haven't submitted anything because I don't know if I have a good chance. EC's are pretty good with research, but also I didn't get a LOR from a DO..I guess that's another downfall of my application.

new underdog here. just got my mcat scores and a little embarrassed. 20 (PS 7 VR 6 BS 7). I've been reviewing since april and took the June 17th exam. I couldn't afford a prep class and relied on EK, AAMC exams, and anything I could find at Barnes and Noble. I already submitted my primary and four secondaries. Now I really have lost hope for this cycle, would everybody agree that I should stop doing secondaries now and reapply next cycle, only to focus on getting my mcat higher?

Stats: sci 3.52, non sci 3.82, cum 3.68. Already submitted LORs with DO letter and prehealth committee. I have normal Ec's.

I'm not a very good test taker at all, maybe I should try investing in a prep course but money is extremely tight.

new underdog here. just got my mcat scores and a little embarrassed. 20 (PS 7 VR 6 BS 7). I've been reviewing since april and took the June 17th exam. I couldn't afford a prep class and relied on EK, AAMC exams, and anything I could find at Barnes and Noble. I already submitted my primary and four secondaries. Now I really have lost hope for this cycle, would everybody agree that I should stop doing secondaries now and reapply next cycle, only to focus on getting my mcat higher?

Stats: sci 3.52, non sci 3.82, cum 3.68. Already submitted LORs with DO letter and prehealth committee. I have normal Ec's.

I'm not a very good test taker at all, maybe I should try investing in a prep course but money is extremely tight.

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't waste your money on these secondaries and you should wait until next year. I took a prep course and it wasn't as good as I expected. I highly recommend Kaplan Q bank and I think it's like 400-500 bucks. It's so much cheaper than a classroom course.

In the end, it's your choice. Yes the MCAT is huge, but I have seen people with a 18MCAT/3.4GPA get in. By "people" i mean two. Some schools will cut you out without even looking at your app due to cutting out people with low mcats, but there are others who have a more holistic approach. If you have a good reason for scoring low on the MCAT, then maybe. If you have outstanding extra cirr, volunteer, and your GPA is great, then you might have a shot at those more holistic schools. I know that last year, I applied with a 22MCAT with a little lower GPA and received interest from a few schools, my extra cirr were lacking however, and in the end, I didn't make it anywhere. Retaking the MCAT and volunteering again this year, we'll see how I do. :)

You have to weigh the pros and cons. I know that if you took the MCAT again you would get a higher score, without a doubt. Whatever your choice, I wish you the best!

Last edited:
11V 10 PS 10 BS WS N

I screwed up my first few years in school a long(> 10 years) ago because I had no focus. Since then Ive had a very strong upward trend and nearly straight A's post bacc(3.96) over the last 30 credit hours.

Im all ready to submit my primary aacomas app I just dont feel good about my PS yet. I dont have any volunteering experience. Im just starting to shadow, but other than that no patient care experience.

I am a non-trad with a family and work. Any suggestions on where to apply? Do you think that I have waited too long to submit? Will my lack of health care experience keep me from getting in?

My PS is mediocre right now. Is a killer PS critical?

11V 10 PS 10 BS WS N

I screwed up my first few years in school a long(> 10 years) ago because I had no focus. Since then Ive had a very strong upward trend and nearly straight A's post bacc(3.96) over the last 30 credit hours.

Im all ready to submit my primary aacomas app I just dont feel good about my PS yet. I dont have any volunteering experience. Im just starting to shadow, but other than that no patient care experience.

I am a non-trad with a family and work. Any suggestions on where to apply? Do you think that I have waited too long to submit? Will my lack of health care experience keep me from getting in?

My PS is mediocre right now. Is a killer PS critical?

Your worried about a 31MCAT? Please... DO schools look at each individual holistically, being that you are a non trad you don't have anything in your ENTIRE life that could count as volunteer or clinical experience? Getting those two items would be better than getting a higher grade in PS