You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread
Started by theWUbear
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interview invite. Submitted on 8/10 got on 8/12.
Stats: NJ resident (south jersey specifically) 3.62 cgpa and higher sci gpa.
MCAT- 10 PS. 13 BS. 11 V. Total = 34Q
NJ (north) resident; I also submitted my secondary on 8/10 but haven't received an interview invite. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted390966
Oh they're only interviewing NJ residents so far 🙁
PS: I don't see the "Action" menu either.
PS: I don't see the "Action" menu either.
Which day are you guys interviewing?
At work. Haven't picked yet. I stepped out of class to tell my parents and a fight broke out.
It sounds like this school is really focusing on taking in students from the surrounding area for their first class.
It sounds like this school is really focusing on taking in students from the surrounding area for their first class.
I am sure they will be offering interviews to out of region and state students too. Jersey schools, like most other give preference to Jersey students. South Jersey is just a historically undeserved area by the medical community and I think they want to see students who would have the potential to stay in the area go there.
AMCAS Verified since 7/15 and still no secondary...however I did manage to get those emails saying the payment system was fixed now and that you should be able to pay now....did everyone get this email?
looks like this school isn't going to show me any love...
looks like this school isn't going to show me any love...
+1NJ (north) resident; I also submitted my secondary on 8/10 but haven't received an interview invite. 🙁
Submitted on 7/28.. North Jersey reppin'...
Oh they're only interviewing NJ residents so far 🙁
PS: I don't see the "Action" menu either.
Nope, OOS and I received an interview invite last week.
Is anyone else having problem logging into the system? I keep getting an error page.
Nope, OOS and I received an interview invite last week.
Congrats! Stats please!!! =D
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected today via email. In-state. Good luck, friends.
Sorry to hear it. Where in state?
Just found this thread. Hello all!
Secondary Completed on Aug. 4th
Interview Invite on Aug. 8th
28R (12PS,6VR,10BS)...waiting for scores on retake
3.64 cGPA 3.8sGPA
from North Jersey
I went to the open house last month and the presentation of the school was really great. The Dean said that the charter class will be 50 students. The medical school building will hopefully be done by Summer 2012. Overall, the program looks very promising and I have it as my first choice. I'll be interviewing on Sept. 30th. Shoot me a message if you are interviewing then as well.
Good luck everyone!
Secondary Completed on Aug. 4th
Interview Invite on Aug. 8th
28R (12PS,6VR,10BS)...waiting for scores on retake
3.64 cGPA 3.8sGPA
from North Jersey
I went to the open house last month and the presentation of the school was really great. The Dean said that the charter class will be 50 students. The medical school building will hopefully be done by Summer 2012. Overall, the program looks very promising and I have it as my first choice. I'll be interviewing on Sept. 30th. Shoot me a message if you are interviewing then as well.
Good luck everyone!
Just found this thread. Hello all!
Secondary Completed on Aug. 4th
Interview Invite on Aug. 8th
28R (12PS,6VR,10BS)...waiting for scores on retake
3.64 cGPA 3.8sGPA
from North Jersey
So there is hope for "28R's"...congrats, hopefully I can follow in your footsteps....
Just found this thread. Hello all!
Secondary Completed on Aug. 4th
Interview Invite on Aug. 8th
28R (12PS,6VR,10BS)...waiting for scores on retake
3.64 cGPA 3.8sGPA
from North Jersey
I went to the open house last month and the presentation of the school was really great. The Dean said that the charter class will be 50 students. The medical school building will hopefully be done by Summer 2012. Overall, the program looks very promising and I have it as my first choice. I'll be interviewing on Sept. 30th. Shoot me a message if you are interviewing then as well.
Good luck everyone!
You give me hope!!!! My stats are very similar to yours.
North Jersey resident
MCAT: (10 PS, 6 VR, 11 BS) - 27Q on retake
3.85 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA
I submitted my secondary on august 10th and haven't received an interview invite yet.
I'm from West Orange -- North JerseyYou give me hope!!!! My stats are very similar to yours.
North Jersey resident
MCAT: (10 PS, 6 VR, 11 BS) - 27Q on retake
3.85 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA
I submitted my secondary on august 10th and haven't received an interview invite yet.
Interview Invite this morning....in my spam folder???!!!! Glad I shut off the auto delete spam (if you haven't you definitely should)....
OOS (NY Resident), cGPA 3.95 sGPA 3.97 28R (retake)
Ready for the kicker....complete 8/15 only because my email had automatically deleted my secondary request on 7/15...
OOS (NY Resident), cGPA 3.95 sGPA 3.97 28R (retake)
Ready for the kicker....complete 8/15 only because my email had automatically deleted my secondary request on 7/15...
Interview Invite this morning....in my spam folder???!!!! Glad I shut off the auto delete spam (if you haven't you definitely should)....
OOS (NY Resident), cGPA 3.95 sGPA 3.97 28R (retake)
Ready for the kicker....complete 8/15 only because my email had automatically deleted my secondary request on 7/15...
I am sensing a trend in today's invites...
rejected 🙁
Dear Don15,
Thank you for your interest in our program. As you know, the medical school applications process is highly competitive, and each medical school receives an extremely large number of applications. You will not be granted an interview with our Admissions Committee. We appreciate your inquiries into our program, and wish you the best in your future career.
With best wishes,
Catherine B. Dayton, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
Dear Don15,
Thank you for your interest in our program. As you know, the medical school applications process is highly competitive, and each medical school receives an extremely large number of applications. You will not be granted an interview with our Admissions Committee. We appreciate your inquiries into our program, and wish you the best in your future career.
With best wishes,
Catherine B. Dayton, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
rejected 🙁
Dear Don15,
Thank you for your interest in our program. As you know, the medical school applications process is highly competitive, and each medical school receives an extremely large number of applications. You will not be granted an interview with our Admissions Committee. We appreciate your inquiries into our program, and wish you the best in your future career.
With best wishes,
Catherine B. Dayton, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
Same here +1
same here +1
+2
1st rejection...IS applicant
Epic Rejection!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here and I'm in-state. This is a total bummer
Epic Rejection!
NYS resident and received an interview invite this morning!
D
deleted390966
Rejected. Non-NJ resident.
I live in NC, 31 and 33, 3.56, and I received a rejection today...
"You have absolutely no chance of ever becoming a doctor. We are dumber for having read your essays. We award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul."
I may have been reading between the lines though. How do y'all feel about rejection messages? I feel like I got kicked in the stomach and groin and cried a teeny bit. This means a lot to me, ya know what I'm sayin'? Anyone feel the same with these messages? Granted, I am in NC so my chances were pretty low, I suppose...justify, justify, strength returning...
"You have absolutely no chance of ever becoming a doctor. We are dumber for having read your essays. We award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul."
I may have been reading between the lines though. How do y'all feel about rejection messages? I feel like I got kicked in the stomach and groin and cried a teeny bit. This means a lot to me, ya know what I'm sayin'? Anyone feel the same with these messages? Granted, I am in NC so my chances were pretty low, I suppose...justify, justify, strength returning...
Interview invite!! Complete 08/22, invite received 08/23.
Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on 8/8 and got the interview invite today 8/24.
I'm OOS (Rhode Island resident), Non-trad (31 yo currently), and have a decent amount of volunteer experience with the underserved. I was intrigued by the school because that seems like what they're really going for.
30Q (10PS-10VR-10BS) on second take.
I'm interviewing on 11-11-11. I figured it was good luck.
I'm OOS (Rhode Island resident), Non-trad (31 yo currently), and have a decent amount of volunteer experience with the underserved. I was intrigued by the school because that seems like what they're really going for.
30Q (10PS-10VR-10BS) on second take.
I'm interviewing on 11-11-11. I figured it was good luck.
I got the rejection letter, but I retook my mcat last week (as indicated on AMCAS). I always thought that they had to wait for the scores to come in to make any judgment on a candidate. Does anyone know if this is true or false?
I have a 3.9 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA, with 3 years of research, and 4 years as an EMT. My mcat sucked and was definitely the weakest part of my application. So I am hoping that the second scores will be better and help me get in places, if they even look at them........
I have a 3.9 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA, with 3 years of research, and 4 years as an EMT. My mcat sucked and was definitely the weakest part of my application. So I am hoping that the second scores will be better and help me get in places, if they even look at them........
I got the rejection letter, but I retook my mcat last week (as indicated on AMCAS). I always thought that they had to wait for the scores to come in to make any judgment on a candidate. Does anyone know if this is true or false?
I have a 3.9 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA, with 3 years of research, and 4 years as an EMT. My mcat sucked and was definitely the weakest part of my application. So I am hoping that the second scores will be better and help me get in places, if they even look at them........
What was your MCAT? Did they know your had another MCAT coming? Also, any community service? I think they are looking for dedication in this area, not so much research, because of the area the school is in.
I got the rejection letter, but I retook my mcat last week (as indicated on AMCAS). I always thought that they had to wait for the scores to come in to make any judgment on a candidate. Does anyone know if this is true or false?
I have a 3.9 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA, with 3 years of research, and 4 years as an EMT. My mcat sucked and was definitely the weakest part of my application. So I am hoping that the second scores will be better and help me get in places, if they even look at them........
If you had written on AMCAS that you have a score coming in and they didn't wait for it (especially if MCAT was your weakness) I would request an appeal of their decision. My first move would be to call the admissions office and explain your situation and ask if they have a policy for appeals
They should know that I took the second test from AMCAS. I do have a decent amount of community service as a volunteer EMT for the last 4 years and volunteer work as a Special Olympics coordinator. I sent an email, but I think I will call as well. I'll let you know how it goes

Last edited:
is anyone noticing how longgg these secondaries are? why are the secondaries for this school so specific...
Long? You're limited to 500 characters...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone noticing how longgg these secondaries are? why are the secondaries for this school so specific...
its 500 chracters, not 500 words
its 500 chracters, not 500 words
Just for the sake of accuracy the character limit is actually 600.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
Rejected too! I am a Washington state resident.