2011-2012 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Withdrew as well. Hopefully, one of you will get my spot in the class. :)

Pray until something happens.

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you all decide to go? Thanks for letting us know. Still holding out for Cooper....2 weeks till movement should start

Where did you all decide to go? Thanks for letting us know. Still holding out for Cooper....2 weeks till movement should start

Y two weeks, have any of you been in contact with the admissions department?

Members don't see this ad :)
Y two weeks, have any of you been in contact with the admissions department?

May 15 is in 2 weeks, I can't imagine them waiting significantly longer than the AMCAS decision date to start pulling to fill the class

May 15 is in 2 weeks, I can't imagine them waiting significantly longer than the AMCAS decision date to start pulling to fill the class

maybe they will pull before it seems that a few ppl are pulling out......THANKS BY THE WAY GUYS :)

maybe they will pull before it seems that a few ppl are pulling out......THANKS BY THE WAY GUYS :)

That would be great if they did but they'd probably want to see how many people are actually going to withdraw first before deciding who they're going to pull. It's not too much longer. You and I are in the same boat, I brought snacks ::: passes snicker bar:::

Withdrew today. Cooper is a wonderful school but I have an opportunity that I just can't miss.

Good luck everyone!

That would be great if they did but they'd probably want to see how many people are actually going to withdraw first before deciding who they're going to pull. It's not too much longer. You and I are in the same boat, I brought snacks ::: passes snicker bar:::

Great!!! I love snickers!!!!!!!

Are the people in the FB group all attending or are there people in there who have withdrawn and just remained in the group? I'm trying to gauge how many spots there actually are....although it may not be helpful to know without knowing an accurate number for the priority waitlist.

Guys, my recommendation is to take a breath, and let the process happen. Being excited is great, but all the postsand worrying, and anxiousness in the world won't make the results come any faster. We priority waitlisters are all in the same boat. Good luck to us all.!

Guys, my recommendation is to take a breath, and let the process happen. Being excited is great, but all the postsand worrying, and anxiousness in the world won't make the results come any faster. We priority waitlisters are all in the same boat. Good luck to us all.!

No worrying here, simply passing time. If I'm meant to go I will be pulled from the list. That being said, welcome to the boat :::: passes snicker bar::::

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew yesterday! Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear :)

I think I just got your spot. I was accepted off the wait list earlier today.

Guess if they didn't contact us today that's it. That really blows

Just my opinion but I think there will be more offers in the future.

We're you on the high priority or regular waitlist?

Does anyone know if they are aware of how many acceptances you have, if youve been waitlisted?

UOTE=Colorado01;12520653]I think I just got your spot. I was accepted off the wait list earlier today.[/QUOTE]

They can see the accepted schools of those on waitlist

It may only because their goal is to fill the class not accept someone who could potentially turn it down. :::just my thoughts:::

I was thinking the same here :confused:

QUOTE=Dr SunDai;12522349]It may only because their goal is to fill the class not accept someone who could potentially turn it down. :::just my thoughts:::[/QUOTE]

I think that would only be the case if they were worried about actually filling the class. With 50 spots, it being May, and people on the priority wait list JUST NOW getting accepted, I don't think they have much to worry about. I really don't think that there's ulterior motives here, I think they're just taking their time admitting people and filling the class the way the admissions committee feels is best for them and the school.

It may only because their goal is to fill the class not accept someone who could potentially turn it down. :::just my thoughts:::

I think that would only be the case if they were worried about actually filling the class. With 50 spots, it being May, and people on the priority wait list JUST NOW getting accepted, I don't think they have much to worry about. I really don't think that there's ulterior motives here, I think they're just taking their time admitting people and filling the class the way the admissions committee feels is best for them and the school.

I didn't say there was any ulterior motive, just my own thoughts on what could be taken into account based on information available to them. IMO, the probability of filling a spot securely is higher if offered to someone who currently has no other acceptance. Ijs

Fair enough, sounds a little too play it safe for them to me though. But I only have speculation to go on as well.

I didn't say there was any ulterior motive, just my own thoughts on what could be taken into account based on information available to them. IMO, the probability of filling a spot securely is higher if offered to someone who currently has no other acceptance. Ijs

Cooper has a vested interest in picking the people who are going to make their curriculum look as strong as possible, since their long term accreditation is on the line. They are choosing the people who they think will best succeed and score the best on the step 1s. I doubt they are looking at who has other offers or not. It's a small class and they have, and will continue to pick and choose for the best.

As for me, still waiting, and still very optimistic.

their long term accreditation is on the line

full accreditation, though indeed not given until a class has graduated (and therefore will not be given for four years), is not 'on the line' based on class performance, unless for some reason lots of people fail out. I agree with the rest of your statement that they have a vested interest in assembling the best class

Has anyone called to find out when they plan for more wait list movement or for more info?

Well, the FB group is officially at 50. There probably won't be movement for a while as those accepted may be on other schools waitlists.

Hello - I am a reporter at the Philadelphia Inquirer, and I am writing a newspaper article about what was involved in creating the new Cooper Medical School. If any members of the new class would be willing to chat by phone about their experience, that'd be great. I can be contacted at [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.