2011-2012 Oregon Health & Sciences University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dont quite believe it at this point....so unbelievably happy to be able to stay in oregon!!!



I'm pulling a 12 hour today so i've been just trying not to think about it....now i can leave for vacay and relax!!!

Best of luck to #62 and above, there is still a long way to go to august so i hope to see all those waiting on ohsu at orientation!

congrats!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like we are about to diverge past the 2006 numbers. Doesnt look good from here...

:xf: for everybody still waiting.

waitlistimage6-24-12.png
 
I added some trend-lines here, but I dont think they are very helpful. What I think would really help, is to create trend-lines for the numbers of days which have past since waitlist movement started, then compare those trends, to the trends with the same waitlist movement we have had so far. I dont have time to do all that, but for people that really care, it might be a good analysis, as long as those initial trends seem to match the final numbers for their corresponding years, if that were the case, we could get some pretty solid projections from this.

waitlistimage6-24-12-1.png


I can upload the excel file if anybody wants.
 
-On a sidenote-

Hey did any of you apply with an mcat verbal of 8?... I can't tell if that'd be below the cutoff for OHSU. (P=12,V=8,B=11; 31Q)🙁fr=2.33, so=3.0, jr=3.5, sr=4.0). Also I took the mcat back in march 2010. I'm wondering if it'll be worth applying to OHSU this coming app cycle. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Keep hanging in there all... I'm waitlisted at another school so I feel for you guys too...
 
-On a sidenote-

Hey did any of you apply with an mcat verbal of 8?... I can't tell if that'd be below the cutoff for OHSU. (P=12,V=8,B=11; 31Q)🙁fr=2.33, so=3.0, jr=3.5, sr=4.0). Also I took the mcat back in march 2010. I'm wondering if it'll be worth applying to OHSU this coming app cycle. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Keep hanging in there all... I'm waitlisted at another school so I feel for you guys too...

Depends on if you are in-state or OOS. If you are in-state, your 31 MCAT would be just about average. If you are OOS, then you need to consider this from the OHSU admission website
Non-resident applicants with superior achievements in academics and other related experiences. For the 2012 cycle, superior academics is defined as a cumulative Total GPA, as reported by AMCAS, of 3.65 or higher and a cumulative score of 32 or higher on the most-recent eligible MCAT.

It puts you out of the competitive category, unless you meet one of the other criteria for "mission based groups"

Good luck to you. I hope you get off your waitlist this year so you don't have to go through this again.

dsoz
 
-On a sidenote-

Hey did any of you apply with an mcat verbal of 8?... I can't tell if that'd be below the cutoff for OHSU. (P=12,V=8,B=11; 31Q)🙁fr=2.33, so=3.0, jr=3.5, sr=4.0). Also I took the mcat back in march 2010. I'm wondering if it'll be worth applying to OHSU this coming app cycle. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Keep hanging in there all... I'm waitlisted at another school so I feel for you guys too...

I got in with a P of 8.. stupid timing mistake (had ample time, just thought I was almost done with the section..) Anyway you still stand a very decent chance if you 're in state..

My understanding is that only 30% of your overall application score is academics, seeing that you got a 31 on your mcat, it wont hurt you much overall.. My GPA was probably lower than yours as well. Just make sure you have good LORs, and plenty of them. Also, make sure you have good experience with actual meaning. I think these things are more important at OHSU than academics. Also, take plenty of mock interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the replies!! - I'm WA resident... so this is gonna be trickier than I thought. 😛

Are you by any chance considering the MD/PhD program? If you have a couple years of research (or if you're doing research in your time off), that could help you get an interview at OHSU.
 
Crossing my fingers that there will be some movement today. I'll be very disappointed if this becomes our first week of no wait list movement. 🙁
 
I know it is hard but try to stay positive. There have been past years with no movement for 2 weeks then it moved again. There is still over a month left for the list to move. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where do most first year students live and are people still looking or have most found homes?

You should join the facebook group. People in the group are still looking for housing and talking among each other. That would be your best bet to find a roommate. Congratulations and welcome to the class!
 
I'm still looking for housing....and I'm not on Facebook...just hoping to get lucky on craigslist etc.

You might want to get on facebook. It's been an incredible tool for us. I feel like not being part of the facebook group will leave you out of quite a few student activities.

And there have been a few people who were also posting about housing on facebook, it would be a helpful tool in your place.
 
You might want to get on facebook. It's been an incredible tool for us. I feel like not being part of the facebook group will leave you out of quite a few student activities.

And there have been a few people who were also posting about housing on facebook, it would be a helpful tool in your place.

Yeah I think youre probably right. I have avoided it for so long! Would you mind posting the link to the 2016 page?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.