-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread
Started by syzergy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any word on Rutgers Clinical PsyD?
Rutgers clinical interviews are this weekend, and there were pre-interviews already. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you were going to hear, I think you would have by now. 🙁
Rutgers clinical interviews are this weekend, and there were pre-interviews already. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you were going to hear, I think you would have by now. 🙁
I think you are referring to the PhD program, while the original poster was asking about the PsyD. I think the PsyD interview date is Feb 27, and I haven't heard a peep about invites going out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you are referring to the PhD program, while the original poster was asking about the PsyD. I think the PsyD interview date is Feb 27, and I haven't heard a peep about invites going out.
I spoke to a woman at the PsyD program who said that invites will go out "mid February" so I think we have a little more time on this one.
I spoke to a woman at the PsyD program who said that invites will go out "mid February" so I think we have a little more time on this one.
Yeah, it looks like invites went out around the 14th last year for a similar interview day. This is a shot in the dark: but does anyone know how flexible Rutgers PsyD is in providing alternate interview days/phone interviews? I applied there and am very interested in interviewing with them (should I be given an interview), but already have an interview scheduled for the 27th.
Program: Counseling Psychology PhD
Contacted: Via mass email from program director
Received: Feb 6, 2012
Interview: March 2nd
Contacted: Via mass email from program director
Received: Feb 6, 2012
Interview: March 2nd
Hi all,
Has anyone heard from the Clinical Psych PhD programs at these three?
University of Nevada at Reno
Radio silence over here.
Thanks!
The secretary from the department emailed me back and said invitations going out this week. Based on the TGC's forum from previous year, rejection letters are sent via postal and invites are via phone calls. Maybe it'll be the same this year? Who knows. Good luck!
Xavier University - Clinical PsyD
Date Received: 1/28/12
"Information and Interview Day" : 2/17/12
Via email from department secretary
Exciting!
Who was the secretary that sent out the invitations? This is weird because I just received something yesterday--a formal letter in the mail and an e-mail invitation from a grad student. I am just wondering why they send out invitations 2 weeks apart? It is for the same interview day too.
Anyone know if Binghamton University is done extending invites?
My hopes are dwindling. :-/
I wouldn't give in to melancholy just yet - their interview date is still 3-ish weeks away, no rejections, and for me personally I haven't heard anyone getting invites from my POI.
Anyone hear from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (PsyD)??
Hi, I'm a 4th year student at IUP. I just checked with our training director. Most invites have gone out but there are a few that have not gone out yet.
Hang in there. I know how stressful this process can be. Good luck to everyone!
Hi, I'm a 4th year student at IUP. I just checked with our training director. Most invites have gone out but there are a few that have not gone out yet.
Hang in there. I know how stressful this process can be. Good luck to everyone!
Thank you for your response! I've gotten several interviews, but IUP is my first pick. Oh well. Thanks again for your response!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, it looks like invites went out around the 14th last year for a similar interview day. This is a shot in the dark: but does anyone know how flexible Rutgers PsyD is in providing alternate interview days/phone interviews? I applied there and am very interested in interviewing with them (should I be given an interview), but already have an interview scheduled for the 27th.
Hey - I'm in the same boat. I have an interview on the 27th already and when I called to ask when we would hear about interviews I asked the woman about this and she said that it is possible to make other arrangements such as a phone interview or coming to interview on another day. However, she did say that "attending interview day on the 27th is important because it gives the school the best opportunity to get to know you in a number of different formats." Then she added that "every year at least one person has gotten in who was not able to attend interview day..."
Hey - I'm in the same boat. I have an interview on the 27th already and when I called to ask when we would hear about interviews I asked the woman about this and she said that it is possible to make other arrangements such as a phone interview or coming to interview on another day. However, she did say that "attending interview day on the 27th is important because it gives the school the best opportunity to get to know you in a number of different formats." Then she added that "every year at least one person has gotten in who was not able to attend interview day..."
Oh, this is great news. Thanks for sharing, Cogdissonance! Now let's just hope that we both hear some positive news from Rutgers PsyD next week.

Which program? I was invited to interview for clinical
Anyone else get an invite to VCU besides the one person who posted?
Hey all!
Thanks for all the kind advice you guys gave over my little problem a few days ago. I just got word today that the program whose interview I could not attend is kindly arranging for me to visit them on an alternate day this week. 😀 Everyone was totally nice about it, and I don't feel like it's ultimately going to hurt my chances for admission.
Bottom line: Like many have said on here before, it doesn't hurt to ask these schools if you have a problem or conflict. The worst that can happen is that they'll say "no". Either way, you learn a little something about the vibe of the place. And, best case scenario, everything will work out. Good luck everyone!
Thanks for all the kind advice you guys gave over my little problem a few days ago. I just got word today that the program whose interview I could not attend is kindly arranging for me to visit them on an alternate day this week. 😀 Everyone was totally nice about it, and I don't feel like it's ultimately going to hurt my chances for admission.
Bottom line: Like many have said on here before, it doesn't hurt to ask these schools if you have a problem or conflict. The worst that can happen is that they'll say "no". Either way, you learn a little something about the vibe of the place. And, best case scenario, everything will work out. Good luck everyone!

Hello fellow brave applicants!
I have a dilemma and would love to pick your brains about it...
I recently received an invitation to interview at my top choice school. 😀 That's the good news. In fact, that's amazing news.
The only problem? I've already committed to interview at other schools on both the available interview days! 🙁
I've contacted School A and asked if there is any possibility of arranging an alternate day. But, I know for a fact that School B is willing to conduct phone interviews without any detriment to your admission chances.
So, here's my question: If School A can't do another date, how bad form is it to re-contact School B and tell them that I'm no longer able to make their interview? They would probably know exactly why I was cancelling (an offer from a school higher up my list), and I'm afraid it might hurt my chances. Plus, I genuinely like this school and was looking forward to visiting in person.
And, if I do decide to back out of School B's Interview, how should I word that communication to commit the least offense possible? 😕
I would really appreciate some guidance here, guys. My family has some general advice, but you're the only ones who know the exquisite agony that is this application process.
Thoughts? Thank you!
Whomever got a phone interview from Nevada at Reno's clinical Ph.D. program (listed on thegradcafe), would you mind sharing your POI? Thanks, and congrats!
School name: Florida Institute of Technology
Program type/track: Clinical PsyD
Date received: 2-7-12
How were you notified: mass email
Interview dates offered: 2-17-12
Program type/track: Clinical PsyD
Date received: 2-7-12
How were you notified: mass email
Interview dates offered: 2-17-12
I don't know why they told you this but they are doing interviews. I received my invite a few weeks ago. The interview is on Feb.10th for Clinical PhD. 😕
There is more than one Purdue with a clinical psychology Ph.D. program. Are you referring to Purdue University- West Lafayette or Indiana University- Purdue University Indianapolis?
School Psychology PhD Programs
I have heard from Indiana State, Ball State, Oklahoma State, and Utah State
Ball State's interview is the 27th
Indiana State is the 17th
Oklahoma State is the 16th
So it will be a busy three weeks for me!!! I am excited!!!
Utah State is in the middle of contacting people. They couldn't tell me anything yet....
I have heard from Indiana State, Ball State, Oklahoma State, and Utah State
Ball State's interview is the 27th
Indiana State is the 17th
Oklahoma State is the 16th
So it will be a busy three weeks for me!!! I am excited!!!
Utah State is in the middle of contacting people. They couldn't tell me anything yet....
School Psychology PhD Programs
I have heard from Indiana State, Ball State, Oklahoma State, and Utah State
Ball State's interview is the 27th
Indiana State is the 17th
Oklahoma State is the 16th
So it will be a busy three weeks for me!!! I am excited!!!
Utah State is in the middle of contacting people. They couldn't tell me anything yet....
OMG congrats! I just heard from Fordham and interview is 3/8!!
I am waiting for:
University at Buffalo
University of Massachussets Amherst
Pace University
St. John's
CUNY graduate Center
Are you applying clinical, counseling, or school psych at Fordham? UB's combined counseling/school psych had interviews last weekend. Not sure about clinical.
OMG congrats! I just heard from Fordham and interview is 3/8!!
I am waiting for:
University at Buffalo
University of Massachussets Amherst
Pace University
St. John's
CUNY graduate Center
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you applying clinical, counseling, or school psych at Fordham? UB's combined counseling/school psych had interviews last weekend. Not sure about clinical.
I applied for the school psych at Fordham. UB didn't send me a rejection letter...I wonder why...
I'm a student in the school psych masters at UB. They normally wait until they make admissions offers to send out letters. Not sure why because we are of course sitting on the edge of our seats. When did you hear from Fordham? Who contacted you?
I applied for the school psych at Fordham. UB didn't send me a rejection letter...I wonder why...
Idaho State University
Clinical Psychology
2-7-2011
Interviews scheduled for the weekend of March 2nd
It appeared to be a mass email
I would like to hear of any applicants who applied to St. Louis University to let me know if they received any information yet. I received an invitation to log into a chat regarding financial aid for February 9th and wondered if anyone else received this information?
Only had two full out rejections, two implied rejections, and the rest of the programs leaving me hanging with no interviews but no rejections either.
But yes, anyone with information regarding St. Louis University's clinical psychology program, please update? Thanks.
Clinical Psychology
2-7-2011
Interviews scheduled for the weekend of March 2nd
It appeared to be a mass email
I would like to hear of any applicants who applied to St. Louis University to let me know if they received any information yet. I received an invitation to log into a chat regarding financial aid for February 9th and wondered if anyone else received this information?
Only had two full out rejections, two implied rejections, and the rest of the programs leaving me hanging with no interviews but no rejections either.
But yes, anyone with information regarding St. Louis University's clinical psychology program, please update? Thanks.
it was a massive e-mail. I heard from them today at 9:00pm. The admissions committee director sent the e-mail. So does this mean that I lost my chance at UB? I am sad, I really wanted to have a chance there. What about Amherst? anyone heard from the PhD program there?
OMG congrats! I just heard from Fordham and interview is 3/8!!
I am waiting for:
University at Buffalo
University of Massachussets Amherst
Pace University
St. John's
CUNY graduate Center
Thanks! Are you also applying for school psychology? Where have you applied?
Have you checked your application status at UB? Have you been accepted anywhere? Good luck on your interview!!!
School name: Hofstra University
Program type/track (clinical, school, phd, psyd, child, adult etc.) - Clinical PhD
Date received - 2/7/12
How were you notified (mass email, personalized email, phone call, from the DCT, from the POI, etc.) - mass email from program director
Interview dates offered - Friday, March 2nd
Program type/track (clinical, school, phd, psyd, child, adult etc.) - Clinical PhD
Date received - 2/7/12
How were you notified (mass email, personalized email, phone call, from the DCT, from the POI, etc.) - mass email from program director
Interview dates offered - Friday, March 2nd
I got this email all the way back on January 5th... Yet, IIRC, the first post in this thread says that someone received an interview invite on January 3rd! Kind of strange.
Haven't heard from them since.
PGSP had two deadlines, one in December and one in January...
I also haven't heard back from them, I had to email to confirm that they received my application.
Last edited:
i know someone mentioned a UMass Boston school psych interview, any word on CLINICAL?
The UMass Boston invites are out. According to the first page they went out Feb 1st.
I would like to hear of any applicants who applied to St. Louis University to let me know if they received any information yet. I received an invitation to log into a chat regarding financial aid for February 9th and wondered if anyone else received this information?
I've been wondering about St. Louis, too. I got the financial aid e-mail from them a few weeks ago, then i got another one from them tonight that's an open house for all grad programs. got excited because I thought I got an interview
but nothing besides that so far. still waiting for st. john's too!There is more than one Purdue with a clinical psychology Ph.D. program. Are you referring to Purdue University- West Lafayette or Indiana University- Purdue University Indianapolis?
I was referring to West Lafayette, which is who the previous poster said they contacted.
I received the email on Jan. 19 and the interview is Feb 9-10th.
I applied for the Dec. 1st deadline, interviewed on Jan 6th, and was accepted a week or so back. However, I am fairly certain they are still reviewing applications -- it really seems like they do things on a rolling basis!
PGSP had two deadlines, one in December and one in January...
I also haven't heard back from them, I had to email to confirm that they received my application.
That is incredibly weird that they would tell us that they only do phone interviews. I contacted the Psychology department too. Would you mind PMing me your POI?
I was referring to West Lafayette, which is who the previous poster said they contacted.
I received the email on Jan. 19 and the interview is Feb 9-10th.
I'm waiting on this too!!! i'm about to contact the coordinator to see whats going on, im going crazy!Has anyone heard from Temple's School Psychology program? I submitted my application in December and I'm going crazy over here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the financial aid email and the 'open house' email from St. Louis too. So I'm not crazy- the latter email is too broadly worded and unspecific for it to be the official interview email right? In which case, I wish they'd stop sending us irrelevant information...those emails are a letdown.I've been wondering about St. Louis, too. I got the financial aid e-mail from them a few weeks ago, then i got another one from them tonight that's an open house for all grad programs. got excited because I thought I got an interviewbut nothing besides that so far. still waiting for st. john's too!
In other news, got a personalized phone call from my POI at University of Houston yesterday, followed by a personalized email invitation to interview on 2/24 and 2/25.
4
447577
I've been wondering about St. Louis, too. I got the financial aid e-mail from them a few weeks ago, then i got another one from them tonight that's an open house for all grad programs. got excited because I thought I got an interviewbut nothing besides that so far. still waiting for st. john's too!
Yes, I got those emails (re: Financial Aid Chat and open house) too and I got excited but they just might be sending those to everyone. Because when I emailed them they said they are going to be making decisions by next week.
Thanks! Are you also applying for school psychology? Where have you applied?
Have you checked your application status at UB? Have you been accepted anywhere? Good luck on your interview!!!
Yeah I applied for PhD, PsyD and master programs in School psych.
I just started hearing back from some of them. I am so nervous about university of Massachussetts Amherst. Has anyone heard from them yet?
I was so nervous because someone posted last night about an interview invite to Fordham school psych and I hadn't received one. It came in at 10:30 last night (2/7). Interview is scheduled for 3/13th.
I was going crazy too! Fordham sent me an e-mail back in January that they were going to e-mail feb 7 those people who qualified for an interview. I was waiting all day! And the email came at 9pm. I was sitting at the edge of my chair. But we got it at least lol.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 4K