2011-2012 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, glad I checked! It has a little "Pay Deposit" button next to it, so you can pay online.

Members don't see this ad.

When does the committee decide to reject/interview the students on pre-interview hold?

Totally depends on how many applicants who were offered an interview withdraw. My guess is that towards the end of January/early February people will start crossing schools off the list and some interview spots should open up. There might be a small amount of movement before that though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally depends on how many applicants who were offered an interview withdraw. My guess is that towards the end of January/early February people will start crossing schools off the list and some interview spots should open up. There might be a small amount of movement before that though.
Thanks.Do you know any information about the Medical Science Program?

Thanks. Do you know any information about the Medical Science Program?

Yeah, glad I checked! It has a little "Pay Deposit" button next to it, so you can pay online.

Hey, thanks for the update! I've been waiting for my packet in the mail so I can send Upstate my check and reserve my seat....in a few strokes of buttons, I paid and reserved my seat! I love you Upstate! :love:

Accepted via status page! 11/15er

Just got the email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been accepted into upstate...... This will be the most unproductive day at work lol.............:hungover:

good luck to all waiting!!!!!

I was accepted by email a few hours ago. I interviewed on 11/22.

Best luck to everybody.

Just got the email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been accepted into upstate...... This will be the most unproductive day at work lol.............:hungover:

good luck to all waiting!!!!!

congrats! I know you've been patiently waiting for this!

So I guess still no hold/rejection after interview msg disappeared?

congrats! I know you've been patiently waiting for this!

So I guess still no hold/rejection after interview msg disappeared?

Yes, I have been crying all day.

Nop I still actively investigating this :D. So I will def let everyone know at the end. A couple of friends of mine are interviewing so they are all my subjects.

Yes, I have been crying all day.

Nop I still actively investigating this :D. So I will def let everyone know at the end. A couple of friends of mine are interviewing so they are all my subjects.
My "Congrats on the interview" message disappeared the day after my interview, and I was not accepted for another 24 days. Personally, I think it disappeared too quickly to be an indicator of a processed application. I have a hunch that it disappears when they enter your campus preference.

Members don't see this ad :)
My "Congrats on the interview" message disappeared the day after my interview, and I was not accepted for another 24 days. Personally, I think it disappeared too quickly to be an indicator of a processed application. I have a hunch that it disappears when they enter your campus preference.

This would make alot of sense. actually perhaps this is the missing link......

So now that I am moving to Syracause. Any advice on where to move? I am planning on taking the summer anatomy and would like to move before this starts.

I cant believe I am even planning this.

Also is there a Upstate class of 2016 group?

This would make sense. In all likelihood maybe they're just accepting alot of people this year, or people with bad news aren't reporting it. Either way, I can start worrying again.:scared:

Agh :/ this is making me so anxious since I interviewed on 11/15, but then again it seems like the notifications have not moved in order of interview. I just hope that doesn't mean waitlist :(

Anyone interested in a roommate for on campus housing? I will most likely be starting here next year. PM me either way if you're gunna be attending!

So now that I am moving to Syracause. Any advice on where to move? I am planning on taking the summer anatomy and would like to move before this starts.

I cant believe I am even planning this.

Also is there a Upstate class of 2016 group?

you'll need to apply to summer anatomy program and get accepted. Class size is ~40 people and start at beginning of June. So maybe moving in May is a good idea. Weather should be nice by then.

There isn't an Upstate class of 2016 group. Perhaps we should make one.

I have a guest room in my house and can rent out to anyone for a few months if you need a place to stay while settling with your housing situation. Just an option. :) PM if you're interested.

hahaha, i can't wait, so I created a facebook group SUNY Upstate class of 2016. Join if you plan to attend at Upstate!

Last edited:
Regarding the disappearing interview message, I find it weird because I remember that's the way the director of admissions jennifer welch said to submit updates for an application -- there was a place to upload a document through that status

Regarding the disappearing interview message, I find it weird because I remember that's the way the director of admissions jennifer welch said to submit updates for an application -- there was a place to upload a document through that status
You can just send your update to their email.

This doesnt make sense for me because i turned in my preference sheet the Day Of my interview. It even says Syracuse in my application details.

But my message still hasnt disappeared and i interviewed (turned in my sheet) a month ago

Ahhh how did you find out! Email or via the status page?

you'll need to apply to summer anatomy program and get accepted. Class size is ~40 people and start at beginning of June. So maybe moving in May is a good idea. Weather should be nice by then.

There isn't an Upstate class of 2016 group. Perhaps we should make one.

I have a guest room in my house and can rent out to anyone for a few months if you need a place to stay while settling with your housing situation. Just an option. :) PM if you're interested.

hahaha, i can't wait, so I created a facebook group SUNY Upstate class of 2016. Join if you plan to attend at Upstate!

How do I apply? Perhaps I am overly excited and my acceptance package will explain lol........

How do I apply? Perhaps I am overly excited and my acceptance package will explain lol........

There's a form on the school website. Look under Special Opportunities. However, I talked to someone at the school and they said they'll email instructions for applying for the course around February. The acceptance package is rather thin with not a lot of info.

I even tried to fill out all the health forms but was told that they'll have new forms coming out in Febs as well. Oh well, I'll have to use the old forms cuz I want it done this year (cuz I'll possibly be without insurance for a few months next year)

Agh :/ this is making me so anxious since I interviewed on 11/15, but then again it seems like the notifications have not moved in order of interview. I just hope that doesn't mean waitlist :(

It doesn't mean anything for sure. I interviewed 11/2 and didn't get the email til yesterday. I was accepted, and lots of people who interviewed after me had already been accepted.

Do you know if the date has been announced already? I kind of want to second look Upstate this winter break on my own in case I can't attend the official one.

Do you know if the date has been announced already? I kind of want to second look Upstate this winter break on my own in case I can't attend the official one.

Second look? What does that mean?

Second look? What does that mean?

The interview day is often considered to be the first time that the school can try to sell itself to its applicants. Second look would be another day for the school to do that.

I'm fairly certain that there isn't a date yet, but not 100% positive.

The interview day is often considered to be the first time that the school can try to sell itself to its applicants. Second look would be another day for the school to do that.

Does it also mean students sell themselves to the school? Or is it just school trying to attract students?

Does it also mean students sell themselves to the school? Or is it just school trying to attract students?

It's mostly for people who have been accepted or waitlisted post-interview, so only the second part.

I'm a 11/15'er and I still haven't heard from them
I emailed them about it (couldn't call as I am currently out of the country) and haven't got a reply as well.. should I be worried?? :scared::scared:

I'm a 11/15'er and I still haven't heard from them
I emailed them about it (couldn't call as I am currently out of the country) and haven't got a reply as well.. should I be worried?? :scared::scared:

11/14 guy here, feeling your pain. Doesn't look like anyone got any info this week, but it seems that upstate has been fairly random with when they accept people. There's still tomorrow! (And Friday, but that's 2 days before Christmas...)

My congratulations to interview message disappeared over a week ago, and I found out yesterday I was put on high-priority waitlist :/

My congratulations to interview message disappeared over a week ago, and I found out yesterday I was put on high-priority waitlist :/

First case of disappeared interview message != acceptance.

Good luck! They'll pick out ppl from high priority list... Just wondering if you can ask the school where you're on that list.

Thank you...I hope so! The email said it's possible to check on the movement of the list but not until May

Am I the only one here who hasn't been interviewed yet? I just joined to connect with those interviewing on Jan. 4th but it seems like I'm out of luck :/ Congrats to those who have been accepted. Can those who traveled to Syracuse from the boroughs suggest the cheapest way to get there other than driving? On the flip side, if anyone is driving there on the 4th, I can most certainly use a ride and share expenses. Thanks.

Am I the only one here who hasn't been interviewed yet? I just joined to connect with those interviewing on Jan. 4th but it seems like I'm out of luck :/ Congrats to those who have been accepted. Can those who traveled to Syracuse from the boroughs suggest the cheapest way to get there other than driving? On the flip side, if anyone is driving there on the 4th, I can most certainly use a ride and share expenses. Thanks.

Try the Amtrak?

Status
Not open for further replies.