2011-2012 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone that was put on hold hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing for me put on hold in September. Just to clarify, if you get an interview it says so on the status checker at the bottom of the page when you first log in, not after you click the link that says "Fall 2012," correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing for me put on hold in September. Just to clarify, if you get an interview it says so on the status checker at the bottom of the page when you first log in, not after you click the link that says "Fall 2012," correct?

Yup that's correct

Those who got accepted, I wondering if you found out via email or phone call?

Anybody hear anything back in the past 2 weeks??

Nothing, I've been on hold since September and I'm starting to freak out. Upstate is my top choice at this point in the cycle and I'd love to get an interview! Hopefully it turns out well for us!

Best of Luck to those of you on hold.

Anyone post-interview?
My "congrats" message just disappeared sometime last week.

Best of Luck to those of you on hold.

Anyone post-interview?
My "congrats" message just disappeared sometime last week.

I'm post-interview (jan 4) and my congrats message is still there.

UPDATE: It just disappeared.

Last edited:
Wow, No one has heard any decisions back in 3 weeks?

I wonder what's going on at Upstate...

Maybe they're preoccupied with the whole probation business...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did we come to a conclusion whether disappeared 'congratulations for interview' on the status page indicates a good thing?

I think the majority of disappearing interview messages became acceptances (I can't be certain that there's really a correlation here). There was only one that I know of had the interview message disappeared and was put on hold or rejected. I can't figure out the science behind it :) But I would like to think that disappearing interview message, especially after a long waiting period, will [hopefully] result in an acceptance.
Good luck!

Op, Just got Waitlisted today.

My message disappeared 2 weeks ago.
So Message disappear Does NOT mean acceptance.

Cue Marv Albert when he called Basketball games...... REJECTED!!!!

That sucks, I really did like the school, it was in state, cheaper, nice facilities. But thanks good though, because, on the same day I got the rejected email, I got an acceptance also.

Why would decisions be delayed by the probation issue? There was no mention of problems with admissions.

I would guess less man power to evaluate the applications...

Why would decisions be delayed by the probation issue? There was no mention of problems with admissions.

I know several that got accepted and would not attend as a result of this lingering probation issue. There are also some that are holding their acceptance as they await positive news from their dream school. I have said it time and again; the school are holding back information in respect to the extent of this probation.

I know several that got accepted and would not attend as a result of this lingering probation issue. There are also some that are holding their acceptance as they await positive news from their dream school. I have said it time and again; the school are holding back information in respect to the extent of this probation.

That argument doesn't answer my question o.o. Sure people may be withdrawing/hesitating more, but that doesn't imply that the adcoms will become slower at processing other applicants' files.

That argument doesn't answer my question o.o. Sure people may be withdrawing/hesitating more, but that doesn't imply that the adcoms will become slower at processing other applicants' files.
I suggest you direct your question to adcom then!

Accepted! :highfive::clap::banana::soexcited:
hmmm...wondering when I can sign up for the summer anatomy course...

Accepted! :highfive::clap::banana::soexcited:
hmmm...wondering when I can sign up for the summer anatomy course...
You can sign up now. The school already sent out invites for summer anatomy application. PM me your email address and I'll forward that email to you. Or join our FB group. I'll post it on there.

Anyone think there is any hope for those that haven't heard anything since being on hold still? Or would silence at this point mean rejected?

First time poster, long time lurker. Got accepted today via status page, not email.

IS, 3.7, 34R, standard EC's (2+ yrs research, club presidency, Habitat for Humanity, etc)

First acceptance! So excited!

It still hasn't hit me yet. Most likely will end up matriculating here. Can't wait to meet you all!

Interviewed here yesterday. I really loved the school. The facilities are really nice. Everyone was really friendly and nice.

Both my interviews ran over an hour up to 1 hr and 15 minutes. This was the first interview where I didn't feel rushed and felt like i had all the time to share with my interviewers everything about me. Also my interviewers were very friendly and it was more of a conversation rather than being drilled.

Sat in on a lecture which was nice. Overall good experience. Thumbs up!

Congratulations to everyone on your acceptances! When did you guys interview?

Rejected after hold for interview. It's all cool though, will be at either Stony Brook or Downstate next year anyway

I got my acceptance package today! However, instead of saying class of 2016, it says class of 2017. The paperwork says I'm doing the extended ciriculum. Does anyone know what that is? I don't remember signing up for that...:confused:

I got my acceptance package today! However, instead of saying class of 2016, it says class of 2017. The paperwork says I'm doing the extended ciriculum. Does anyone know what that is? I don't remember signing up for that...:confused:

The extended curriculum i believe it is 5 years. So instead of the MS1 and MS2 in 2 years, you do it three years so that your course work is lighter.

Then you do the clinical years in 2 years as you would normally.

Also wondering this. I was put on hold pre-interview until all applications are reviewed. I heard rumors that re-review started weeks ago... anyone get any news?

The extended curriculum i believe it is 5 years. So instead of the MS1 and MS2 in 2 years, you do it three years so that your course work is lighter.

Then you do the clinical years in 2 years as you would normally.

cool thanks!

Can any current students comment on if you are able to get patient care experience from the first year on? I have already been accepted at Hofstra and they start patient care from year one, I have an interview at Upstate next week and am considering withdrawing my application.

I'm interviewing here tomorrow but I can't find the address for where to go. I know it starts at 830 but when I log into the status page and click the interview link I get an error message so I can't find the location. Does anyone have the address? Thanks

I can't check back to the page since it has disappeared for me already, but I remember it being 1215 Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Avenue.

I can't check back to the page since it has disappeared for me already, but I remember it being 1215 Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Avenue.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.