2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

This may have been asked before, but is Tufts receptive to in the area e-mails? Every time I try to call, no one picks up, so I just wanted to double check before I sent one!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

This may have been asked before, but is Tufts receptive to in the area e-mails? Every time I try to call, no one picks up, so I just wanted to double check before I sent one!

Thanks!

They are not.

I was just looking back over the interview scheduling page, and I thought some might be interested to know about the remaining interview days:

Jan 3 (I think this one just opened back up--quick, somebody grab it!)
Feb 7, 9, 14, 16
Mar 1, 6, 8, 20, 22, 27, 29

So, there are still lots of spots to be had if you're still waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone familiar with the multi-mini interview format, and how the interview day for Maine Track goes in general?

I interviewed for Maine Track 10/28. The multi-mini interview was set up in their standardized patient rooms at the Dept of Med Ed. We got two minutes to read a scenario on the outside of the door, then went into a room and talked about the scenario with an admissions committee member for 8 minutes. I really liked it! It was a lot of fun. You also had two 20-minute traditional interviews. There were a few info sessions and lunch and a tour with a Maine track student.

Loved the program! For anyone who's interested - I'm a Maine resident, 35/3.9+, haven't been offered an interview with Tufts for the regular MD track, hoping to hear back from the Maine Track early December.

I was just looking back over the interview scheduling page, and I thought some might be interested to know about the remaining interview days:

Jan 3 (I think this one just opened back up--quick, somebody grab it!)
Feb 7, 9, 14, 16
Mar 1, 6, 8, 20, 22, 27, 29

So, there are still lots of spots to be had if you're still waiting! :luck:

Also, keep in mind that people cancel interviews all the time. So if you dont like your interview date, keep looking! I had initially signed up for december 3rd which was right after my finals and I didnt like that..kept checking and on October 30th found a date for November 3rd spot and took the interview!

On another note, like other schools, are they going to meet a week early because of thanksgiving for their end of the month meeting that decides this month's interviewees' fates?

For anyone that has interviewed both at Boston University and at Tufts - what were your impressions? Which school did you like better and why?

is tufts open to pre-interview updates and how would they like the format?

Are all the interviews at tufts open file? How long do they last?

I completed here in Mid october. I wonder if it's too late of a submission to expect an interview...

yeah they are. They look at your file on a laptop during the interview itself. One of my interviewers was just reviewing my file while at the interview and the other had already looked at it and had some questions for me!
Good luck!

just a heads up to everyone, I just checked the Tufts Interview page and they have an opening for December 8th!

for those who have received calls for acceptances, is it a boston number or a private number? Does the status online change simultaneously? Is that call received around 5th of every month?

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who have received calls for acceptances, is it a boston number or a private number? Does the status online change simultaneously? Is that call received around 5th of every month?

I don't remember when I got the call (you can probably find my post from that day though!), but it was with the Boston area code 617, and more specifically, a Tufts-associated number. Also, no change whatsoever on my online page since the Interview Invite.

I don't remember when I got the call (you can probably find my post from that day though!), but it was with the Boston area code 617, and more specifically, a Tufts-associated number. Also, no change whatsoever on my online page since the Interview Invite.

thanks a lot ducky! I have a lot going on this week, but !this helped immensely! Gracias and I hope to see you at Tufts :D (I know too early to say for both of us :p)

when are decisions expected to come out for november interviews? i interviewed a couple weeks ago and thought they said the second week of december but it looks like last month they came out at the very beginning of the month? any thoughts?

when are decisions expected to come out for november interviews? i interviewed a couple weeks ago and thought they said the second week of december but it looks like last month they came out at the very beginning of the month? any thoughts?

Yeah interviewed at the beginning of the month and they said that the committee meets at the end of the month (which should be..NOW) and they decide..yes, last month they came out around 3rd and that gives me hope!

any calls tonight? getting a bit nervous!

any calls tonight? getting a bit nervous!

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, before Tufts sent out its last round of acceptances, they emailed all the applicants first to make sure that their contact info hadn't changed. Has anyone gotten that email yet? I'd imagine it could come out at the beginning of next week, since they told us we should hear back in the first week or two of December?

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, before Tufts sent out its last round of acceptances, they emailed all the applicants first to make sure that their contact info hadn't changed. Has anyone gotten that email yet? I'd imagine it could come out at the beginning of next week, since they told us we should hear back in the first week or two of December?

From what it looks on the past month and the thread from 20010-11, the earliest calls go out at around 8pm on the 1st and span till like 4th of each month. I do not know about the email confirmation,but I havent received any email!
Good luck to you sir! I really hope for a good news from Tufts!

Just wanted to let you all know I'm about to log in and drop my interview for Jan 5th. I hope this gives someone an earlier date:luck:

From what it looks on the past month and the thread from 20010-11, the earliest calls go out at around 8pm on the 1st and span till like 4th of each month. I do not know about the email confirmation,but I havent received any email!
Good luck to you sir! I really hope for a good news from Tufts!

Yeah I think it's a fair guess that calls will go out this coming week. ugh...knot in my estomach.

Yeah I think it's a fair guess that calls will go out this coming week. ugh...knot in my estomach.

I know how you feel..I am trying not to think about it, but it comes back to me randomly and then I start evaluating myself as how my interview went, etc lol!
Good luck! Let there be phone calls!

Has anyone who received an "Institutional Action Letter" request heard anything at all from Tufts, whether it be an acknowledgment of receipt, interview invite, or rejection?

Has anyone who received an "Institutional Action Letter" request heard anything at all from Tufts, whether it be an acknowledgment of receipt, interview invite, or rejection?

I e-mailed them to see if they go it (a little less than a month after I sent it) and they replied that they received the letter. No decision though.

I called last week to confirm that they received it, but I haven't received any other news...

Is Tufts still sending interview invites?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're still sending out IIs though I don't know if they are sending any more out before winter break.

The entire month of February as well as March show availibilities for interviews so you've still got plenty of chances. Just hang in there!

Is Tufts still sending interview invites?

Yes they will. Patience is a virtue, in this application process!!

On another note, any more acceptance calls for November people? I m getting anxious!!

I don't think there have been any calls yet. I thought for sure they would start calling on Monday (12/5) and I've been on pins and needles for the past 2 days. I think they will probably send out an email before they start calling though or around the same time.

Yea, at my interview they told us we should expect to hear by the first or second week of December. So, any day we should be expecting at least the contact info email.

Anyone complete in October and got an IIs? Just trying to see how far along they are with the applications. Please post your stats too. Thanks.

Yea, at my interview they told us we should expect to hear by the first or second week of December. So, any day we should be expecting at least the contact info email.

So is this definitely a thing - they send out an email before calling? Bummer - no calls today then, because I def havent gotten an email from them. Cmon tufts!

I'm guessing we won't be hearing from Tufts until next week? I'm so nervous :xf:

I just keep wondering if there is a certain part of the day or week they allocate to calling applicants...I think that I'm just OVERthinking!

I just keep wondering if there is a certain part of the day or week they allocate to calling applicants...I think that I'm just OVERthinking!

Lol, thats what I am doing too :( I just keep checking my phone/emails for any updates!
Also it seems to be a silent night today too, or is it just me?:scared:

i called - "hopefully by end of next week"

Well, the ball is rolling. I got my "update your contact info" email just a few minutes ago.

+1 Good luck everyone!

+2..also, if your address changed after secondary and even if you changed it on AMCAS, it did not on the secondary. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE CORRECT ADDRESS FOR YOU!
good luck everyone!:thumbup:

Well, the ball is rolling. I got my "update your contact info" email just a few minutes ago.

Cool. So from past history, does that suggest good news or just news?

+2..also, if your address changed after secondary and even if you changed it on AMCAS, it did not on the secondary. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE CORRECT ADDRESS FOR YOU!
good luck everyone!:thumbup:

+3..woo hoo! Good luck all!

No update email...not good...must start improving my poledancing skillz.

Yes, improving...yes, I'm a dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.