2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a call from the dean. Accepted!! Interviewed 10/13. Good luck you guys! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Ahhh congrats Sharpie... hope more good news come our way soon.

PS - I just realized, I also interviewed Oct 13. You were one of the numerous Yalies that day huh :)

Just got an e-mail, pre-interview, asking to send official documentation of an institutional action that I listed on AMCAS (Six years ago, as a freshman, got an alcohol warning because an RA found 2 beer bottles in dorm over winter break). Did anyone else have to do this? I was complete 8/17.

Members don't see this ad :)
No but (IMHO) I would take it as a good sign that they reviewed your application and the rest of it is interesting enough to clarify the institutional action. Good luck!

Just got an e-mail, pre-interview, asking to send official documentation of an institutional action that I listed on AMCAS (Six years ago, as a freshman, got an alcohol warning because an RA found 2 beer bottles in dorm over winter break). Did anyone else have to do this? I was complete 8/17.

By complete do you mean they completed the audit process on 8/17? The audit process was done 8/31 for me and your post gives me hope that they're still looking at the august people.

By complete do you mean they completed the audit process on 8/17? The audit process was done 8/31 for me and your post gives me hope that they're still looking at the august people.

Woops! I meant 8/31. That's when I got the final complete e-mail. Thanks for the catch.

Don't worry, there is still hope!

...I hope!

still hoping for some tufts love.. no II yet :/

complete on 8/31

I don't want to say "yes that exact same thing happened to me" to this online... but I'm glad to hear you say that happened to somebody else today

I don't want to say "yes that exact same thing happened to me" to this online... but I'm glad to hear you say that happened to somebody else today

I received it as well...complete 8/22. I thought it was weird that they sent the e-mail so late since BU's request for the letter was within 24 hours of submitting. I supposed it's because the requests are NOT automated and so they waited until the review of our apps.

Ahhh congrats Sharpie... hope more good news come our way soon.

PS - I just realized, I also interviewed Oct 13. You were one of the numerous Yalies that day huh :)

Yep. Nice meeting you, if I met you :laugh:

Sharpie, my friend, you are a beast.

Naw man, I've benefited from a lot of good luck and good advice along the way. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha were you at the table by the back with like 2 other Yalies? If so, I was at that table!

Nope, I was the solo Yalie at one of the front tables. I did walk by briefly with a cup of orange juice. A prototypical "Hey, you guys are Yalies too!" conversation ensued. :laugh:

Just got the call from Dean Neumeyer!!!!! I am so excited, this is definitely one of my top choices! :)

I interviewed October 13th! Good luck everyone! :)

So I interviewed here today and let me say that I absolutely loved it. The interviewers were really laid back and they kinda let you talk to them! It was awesome building, awesome services, and lunch was amazing! Hope to hear back from them soon!

OMG accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Got the phone call earlier today. Also interviewed 10/13.
If I heard correctly, Dean N said that they will be emailing/mailing out in the next 1-2 days.

Has anybody who interviewed on the 18th heard anything yet? Congrats to all the acceptances so far!

Interviewed back on Oct 6th and haven't heard anything yet, not by phone, email or snail mail. Should I be worried?

Call from Dean Neumeyer this morning!!! So excited, I'm definitely going here, loveloveloved it. Good luck everyone! :D:D:D

Those who got the call, can you confirm that Dean Neumeyer said that mail/email will be sent out in the next 1-2 days? Haha I want some written confirmation in my hand (for myself, make sure this isn't all a dream!!) before I go tell everyone else I'm going to medical school!!

Those who got the call, can you confirm that Dean Neumeyer said that mail/email will be sent out in the next 1-2 days? Haha I want some written confirmation in my hand (for myself, make sure this isn't all a dream!!) before I go tell everyone else I'm going to medical school!!

Yes, I vaguely remember him saying materials would be sent soon, but I'm not sure when... in other news, GO TELL EVERYBODY, YOU'RE GOING TO MED SCHOOL! :clap::clap::clap:

Congrats. :laugh:

Yep! He said the next few days (maybe Monday, since its going to be the weekend)

Judging from most of the posts on here, do we agree that the typical turnaround time from interview to decision is about 2 weeks?

Judging from most of the posts on here, do we agree that the typical turnaround time from interview to decision is about 2 weeks?
At the interview they said the adcom meets once a month towards the end of the month. So my group (early November) they said we wouldn't get decisions until December.

is anyone still waiting for a decision?

Hey guys, how long does it take for them to match reference letters to your secondary application? just wondering about timeline...I sent my letters as part my primary application and just completed my secondary...I'm a little worried because I think I screwed up the submission, it says ur suppose to write your name + AAMC ID but I pressed submit before entering my ID, then went back and did it again...you guys think this may cause any delay or issues?

It took them about two weeks after my letters were in for them to be matched to my Tufts secondary.

Hey guys, how long does it take for them to match reference letters to your secondary application? just wondering about timeline...I sent my letters as part my primary application and just completed my secondary...I'm a little worried because I think I screwed up the submission, it says ur suppose to write your name + AAMC ID but I pressed submit before entering my ID, then went back and did it again...you guys think this may cause any delay or issues?

Does anyone know how long their average processing time is? My application was complete on 9/20 and I havent heard anything since. Would sending them a letter of interest help?

Does anyone know how long their average processing time is? My application was complete on 9/20 and I havent heard anything since. Would sending them a letter of interest help?

I was complete in late July and have not heard anything yet.

Rejected after interview :(

It wasn't one of my top choices, but I do feel a bit jipped. I got interviewed by two faculty members instead of 1 faculty, 1 student. One of the interviews was half about rather invasive specifics of my sexuality (bi) ....

I kind of had a feeling this was coming.

Complete: July 28th.
Interview: Early Oct.
GPA: 3.9 (c/s)
MCAT: 37S

Rejected after interview :(

It wasn't one of my top choices, but I do feel a bit jipped. I got interviewed by two faculty members instead of 1 faculty, 1 student. One of the interviews was half about rather invasive specifics of my sexuality (bi) ....

I kind of had a feeling this was coming.

Complete: July 28th.
Interview: Early Oct.
GPA: 3.9 (c/s)
MCAT: 37S

Out of curiosity (not judging) but how did your sexuality come up? Did it have to do with your involvement with LGBT activities?

I've been complete at this school since 8/31. I haven't heard anything back since then. My GPA is a 3.47 and MCAT is a 32R. I have a lot of strong ECs including Spanish language knowledge that was self-taught... Is there any chance of an interview invitation at this point? Does this school do silent rejections?

Last edited:
Same, complete since august, no word. I sent them an update letter to the main admissions email (med-admissions@tufts) or something, and they replied with a confirmation that they received it and will add to my file. From previous year threads they seem pretty receptive to letters.

My sexuality did come up because I wrote about it in my diversity statement.

I'm not saying that Tufts is not LGBT friendly, I'm just saying my particular interviewer seemed somewhat like that. He asked really specific, somewhat offensive questions about the LGBT community in general and I feel like that contributed to me not being able to establish a stronger connection / more comfortable interview with him.

Either way, congratulations to all of the accepted :)

Interview Invite today!!!! woohoo!! their first available was January 24th definitely looking forward to it!

Received an interview invite yesterday afternoon! definitely excited because this is my top choice!

When were you complete?

Not 100 percent sure of the exact date and I can't check since I'm replying from my phone, but I received the secondary in mid July but my primary application was verified in mid august so I'd say I was probably complete around August 18th.

Also I sent in update in mid-October and I'm also in Tufts SMP program doing very well. So that might have helped. Good luck!

EDIT: just checked my email and I received the complete email on 8/31 so a little later than I thought.

For those who were accepted and sent in an acceptance notification + check, did anyone get a confirmation??

My offer "expires" tomorrow and I haven't gotten the confirmation yet... I don't want the mail to have gotten lost (I mailed it out from Boston--so shouldn't take long--last Friday)!!

I will probably call and ask too...

For those who were accepted and sent in an acceptance notification + check, did anyone get a confirmation??

My offer "expires" tomorrow and I haven't gotten the confirmation yet... I don't want the mail to have gotten lost (I mailed it out from Boston--so shouldn't take long--last Friday)!!

I will probably call and ask too...

I mailed it out from Boston too and never got a confirmation, and they didn't deposit my check. I called yesterday and they confirmed that they have it. I would call if you're nervous - FYI their voicemail system seems to be broken (I got disconnected within a few seconds each time I tried to leave a message) and you may have to call a few times to actually reach a person.

Called this morning, got a verbal confirmation, and then about half an hour ago, got the email confirmation too :)

YAYYYY TUFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.