-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Cincinnati Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
i still haven't heard anything either.
+1
Thanks! I go to school near UC and my commute will only be about an hour (driving), so you may be right. I was actually thinking the same thing...
Good luck! And for any UC admins watching, I don't mind driving from Cleveland.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I should not have pushed my interview date back 🙁 still havent heard regarding my decision.
When was your interview date?
I interviewed the 23rd. My original date was the 9th but i was out of country 🙁
I interviewed the 23rd as well and I was really hoping to hear back today! Here's hoping we hear back next week!

I interviewed the 23rd as well and still haven't heard anything. I was hoping to find out today too.. hopefully we will next week!
also interviewed the 23rd. checked my email obsessively today, to no avail. here's to next week!

80% sure I'm matriculating here. Would be very happy to stay in Cinci, so not complaining if OSU and Case don't want me. Very sold on everything they put out. Top notch board scores (average is around 233 - higher than many top 20 schools) and I felt the clinical preparation offered here was among the best and impressed me much more than the other schools I interviewed at. Very excited about UC and the prospect of becoming a Bearcat (weird mascot?).
Here's to you guys waiting, hope some luck comes your way. If you are interviewing for a wait list spot, keep in mind that they usually end up accepting the top third. So beast that interview and keep your fingers crossed!.
Here's to you guys waiting, hope some luck comes your way. If you are interviewing for a wait list spot, keep in mind that they usually end up accepting the top third. So beast that interview and keep your fingers crossed!.
Ouais, la meme chose pour moi. 😉
I remain "complete" Anyone else? Le sigh. 🙁
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remain "complete" Anyone else? Le sigh. 🙁
Cela se passe ici aussi...ce nest pas bon. 🙁
has anyone gotten an update today? interviewed on 1/18 and still no word!
Nothing here... I interviewed one week after you. It's frustrating because if you check the thread, it appears that they offered acceptances almost every week through Dec and beginning of Jan.
Edit: Accepted today! reapplicant from OOS.
Last edited:
Can any current students help me out with these questions? (i interviewed a while back and can't rememeber some pertinent info)
1) What is the lecture schedule like, i.e. approx how many hours of lectue per day?
2) Is time blocked off for Step 1 prep?
3) when's the first day of class 🙂
Thanks
1) What is the lecture schedule like, i.e. approx how many hours of lectue per day?
2) Is time blocked off for Step 1 prep?
3) when's the first day of class 🙂
Thanks
Accepted today as well 😍, loved Cincinnati and very beautiful campus
interviewed 1/31. OS,
anyone esle from 1/31 hear back?
interviewed 1/31. OS,
anyone esle from 1/31 hear back?
Accepted today as well 😍, loved Cincinnati and very beautiful campus
interviewed 1/31. OS,
anyone esle from 1/31 hear back?
yup alternate listed.. is that the same as the ranked waitlist? probably so but ill ask anyway. i was hoping for some positive closure but ugghh my guts continue to hurt.. in suspension
Also alternate listed today, really disappointed 🙁 but congrats to those who were accepted!
.
Last edited:
Alternate list today as well 🙁
Does anyone know if Cinci gives out any rejections post-interview? Or do they just waitlist everyone?
Does anyone know if Cinci gives out any rejections post-interview? Or do they just waitlist everyone?
Alternate list today as well 🙁
Does anyone know if Cinci gives out any rejections post-interview? Or do they just waitlist everyone?
They said that they give out like ~20-30 ish outright rejections post-interview.
Can any current students help me out with these questions? (i interviewed a while back and can't rememeber some pertinent info)
1) What is the lecture schedule like, i.e. approx how many hours of lectue per day?
2) Is time blocked off for Step 1 prep?
3) when's the first day of class 🙂
Thanks
1)9-12 is lecture most day. There is usually 2 afternoons of nothing per week. The other 3 days tend to have 1-2 hours of stuff you have to do on campus.
2)There is time, but I can't tell you for sure how long they give you between the end of year 2 classes and year 3 to take your Step 1s'. Dr. Gunderson would be able to answer this one for you if you send her an email.
3)August 6th is week of orientation
1)9-12 is lecture most day. There is usually 2 afternoons of nothing per week. The other 3 days tend to have 1-2 hours of stuff you have to do on campus.
2)There is time, but I can't tell you for sure how long they give you between the end of year 2 classes and year 3 to take your Step 1s'. Dr. Gunderson would be able to answer this one for you if you send her an email.
3)August 6th is week of orientation
Cheers. Thanks for the response.
Current med students, do you know of any programs that are more public health focused at Cincy that med students can't get involved in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current med students, do you know of any programs that are more public health focused at Cincy that med students can't get involved in?
Not really sure what your asking.
If your asking about other degree programs offered at Cincy, there is an MPH program.
Ouais, la meme chose pour moi. 😉
Boo. But my misery does love your company. I'm still hoping for a Hail Mary for the both of us.

Ah, sorry, I meant to ask whether there were options to incorporate public health volunteer/research opportunities for med students at Cincy. I already have my MPH, I just wanted to see if I could keep up with public health interest groups or what have you while I'm there. It seems as though UC is more clinical/benchwork research-focused though...Not really sure what your asking.
If your asking about other degree programs offered at Cincy, there is an MPH program.
I am not aware of any groups, although the new course does have some emphasis on public health.
If your passionate about public health, you could always start an interest group.
If your passionate about public health, you could always start an interest group.
The fact that you get pathology when coving different blocks has been really nice for me to be able to see the relevance of the different topics.
The "Physicians and Society" class so far has felt like a gigantic waste of time due to the repetitiveness of lectures during that block early in the year, but they are looking into ways hopefully reduce the redundancy of these lectures.
The only other negative that I have found so far is you don't begin gross dissections until April (although they reasoning for this does make sense based on how the curriculum is laid out). They do this because you don't start the MSK block until then. (You do fundamentals/biochem, embryology/endocrine/reproduction[pelvic prosections are used for this block] and immunology before the MSK block).
I personally feel as though the administration has been taking a lot of feedback from out class to try to ensure that they will be able to improve some of the weaker or less useful areas of the curriculum.
All in all, I'm happy at UC, but like at every school there are a few that they wish somewhere else.
It will not be clear how effective the new curriculums is until we take Step 1 next year and see how our class compares with pervious years scores.
The "Physicians and Society" class so far has felt like a gigantic waste of time due to the repetitiveness of lectures during that block early in the year, but they are looking into ways hopefully reduce the redundancy of these lectures.
The only other negative that I have found so far is you don't begin gross dissections until April (although they reasoning for this does make sense based on how the curriculum is laid out). They do this because you don't start the MSK block until then. (You do fundamentals/biochem, embryology/endocrine/reproduction[pelvic prosections are used for this block] and immunology before the MSK block).
I personally feel as though the administration has been taking a lot of feedback from out class to try to ensure that they will be able to improve some of the weaker or less useful areas of the curriculum.
All in all, I'm happy at UC, but like at every school there are a few that they wish somewhere else.
It will not be clear how effective the new curriculums is until we take Step 1 next year and see how our class compares with pervious years scores.
Just emailed admissions asking if there were any more interview availabilities, and they informed me that there are none left. So those holding out hope for an interview, I believe that barring the unthinkable, this road is closed.
If you're waitlisted, do they tell you what third you're on?
Yes, but not until May (according to the assistant dean of admissions on my interview day).
Just emailed admissions asking if there were any more interview availabilities, and they informed me that there are none left. So those holding out hope for an interview, I believe that barring the unthinkable, this road is closed.
I just want to forward this point....
I wished for an interview and I was fortunate enough to get one a few weeks before the last interview day. I have to admit, I was very impressed by the facilities and I loved the school. It's a wonderful institution and I really hope that I can get in

On that note, a few days before our interview we received an email letting us know that our interview day was the last one (02/24/12) for the 2011-2012 cycle. We also were made aware of the fact that we would probably get placed on the WL. .....Also, on 2/24, there were only 7 spots left open and they still had yet to review the people who interviewed before us 😱 So more than likely, all of the 2/24 group will be placed somewhere on the WL. The WL will be ranked in the first week of May into thirds (250 people total). Traditionally, Dr. Manual stated that about 70-80 people get pulled from the WL throughout May, June and July. So if you're in the top 1/3, you stand a decent chance.
Although I stand a snow ball's chance in hell of getting in, I'm still crossing my fingers!



good luck everyone!
I just want to forward this point....
I wished for an interview and I was fortunate enough to get one a few weeks before the last interview day. I have to admit, I was very impressed by the facilities and I loved the school. It's a wonderful institution and I really hope that I can get in
On that note, a few days before our interview we received an email letting us know that our interview day was the last one (02/24/12) for the 2011-2012 cycle. We also were made aware of the fact that we would probably get placed on the WL. .....Also, on 2/24, there were only 7 spots left open and they still had yet to review the people who interviewed before us 😱 So more than likely, all of the 2/24 group will be placed somewhere on the WL. The WL will be ranked in the first week of May into thirds (250 people total). Traditionally, Dr. Manual stated that about 70-80 people get pulled from the WL throughout May, June and July. So if you're in the top 1/3, you stand a decent chance.
Although I stand a snow ball's chance in hell of getting in, I'm still crossing my fingers!
good luck everyone!
+1....you have to give them credit for trying to interview as many as people as they could. I was there last Friday as well and they sent that e-mail to withdraw on Wednesday just to make sure they could get every last person possible to interview. Plus I think they had 3 sub-groups instead of the normal 2 that they had. Yeah I'm pretty sure we will all be on the waitlist but at least it beats the alternative....I was very impressed by the renovations they have made to the school and their new curriculum sounds very promising to me.
Thanks for posting about the last interviews. That places me among the silent rejections. Good luck to everyone. I'm unsubscribing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are there any waitlisted peepz here?
Silent rejection for me too.
Same. Ridiculous.
+1 for the waitlist. Although since I interviewed on their last day, I kind of expected it.are there any waitlisted peepz here?
for the top 1/3!+1 for the waitlist. Although since I interviewed on their last day, I kind of expected it.
for the top 1/3!

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K