You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Cincinnati Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
is there an official fb group for the class of 2016 yet? apparently there are two different ones. one looks official and the other doesnt but has more people haha
Could you post links? I can only find one group and it consisted of two people.
Could you post links? I can only find one group and it consisted of two people.
this one has 4 people http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/156130711154170/
this one has 12 http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/287405531311904/
maybe you found a 3rd group? lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this one has 4 people http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/156130711154170/
this one has 12 http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/287405531311904/
maybe you found a 3rd group? lol
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254503111276547/
Yeah, it is different. This class is already divided. 🙂
Are these groups for members that are for sure attending next year?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254503111276547/
Yeah, it is different. This class is already divided. 🙂
Are these groups for members that are for sure attending next year?
haha well then i will delay joining one of these three groups until more people are in them just to avoid giving myself away now.
95% sure im going to UC though but not making any commitment for a few months still
Hi guys,
I got alternate listed last week. II on 12/16... anyone have any advice about being on this list? I really want to go to UCinn, so any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
I got alternate listed last week. II on 12/16... anyone have any advice about being on this list? I really want to go to UCinn, so any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
I've been complete since early September...Anyone else in the waiting boat?
Also been waiting since early october here, but they did send out a wave of rejections in late december I think so I guess there is still hope

Hi guys,
I got alternate listed last week. II on 12/16... anyone have any advice about being on this list? I really want to go to UCinn, so any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Ditto.
I think the dean of admissions said they get a fair amount of their class off the waitlist.
I'm pretty sure he said 80 people come off the wait list. Do you think people that interviewed early ie till december are generally ranked higher on the waitlist than those that received interviews later in the application year?
Also been waiting since early october here, but they did send out a wave of rejections in late december I think so I guess there is still hope![]()
Yeah. I have been waiting for this since August..no word from them, even after an update letter and added recommendation letter!
Lets see how things work out! All the best people!
I'm in the same boat, complete since 9/28. Considering the recent rejections and the fact that I wasn't one of them, that must be some kind of positive vibe...I hope...
It depends on how many acceptances they've offered so far rather than a set date. On my interview day they said they gave out 290 offers out of a usual of 350. So I think once they've hit that 350ish number, you'll be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. That's how I understood it, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
It depends on how many acceptances they've offered so far rather than a set date. On my interview day they said they gave out 290 offers out of a usual of 350. So I think once they've hit that 350ish number, you'll be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. That's how I understood it, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
What date did you interview?
Also, does anyone know how many days a week they interview? My interview is next Monday but I put myself on standby. Just wondering if there is ANY chance I might get one at the last minute this week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What date did you interview?
Also, does anyone know how many days a week they interview? My interview is next Monday but I put myself on standby. Just wondering if there is ANY chance I might get one at the last minute this week.
I interviewed the second week of Jan. Not sure how many days a week they interview though.
What date did you interview?
Also, does anyone know how many days a week they interview? My interview is next Monday but I put myself on standby. Just wondering if there is ANY chance I might get one at the last minute this week.
It seemed like they interview only on Monday. They also had 2 large groups start at different times because of the MMI for a total of ~32 people.
It depends on how many acceptances they've offered so far rather than a set date. On my interview day they said they gave out 290 offers out of a usual of 350. So I think once they've hit that 350ish number, you'll be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. That's how I understood it, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I interviewed the second week of Jan. Not sure how many days a week they interview though.
So apparently as of Jan 9th (Monday) they gave out 290/350ish. My group was told they review ~36 people per week and let them know their status. So they could potentially max out in a week or so, assuming some good batches of interviewees. To all those that haven't interviewed, they have an extremely open admissions process and if u call them they will most likely give u any information they have.
It seemed like they interview only on Monday. They also had 2 large groups start at different times because of the MMI for a total of ~32 people.
Thanks!
Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 9th, heard anything yet? I know they said some wont hear word until next week, but getting hopeful for news today...
Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 9th, heard anything yet? I know they said some wont hear word until next week, but getting hopeful for news today...
Nope. I was hoping to hear back today too.
Nope. I was hoping to hear back today too.
Well there is still some daylight left... but I think I will assume we will hear next week.
Also on alternate list.
Anyone remember when they send out the alternate status (which third of list you are on)?
I don't think they send it out. I remember him saying that if you called and asked, they will tell you.
EDIT:
Thank you for your email regarding the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Alternate List. The Committee on Admissions and Dr. Stephen Manuel, the Assistant Dean of Admissions, will send out information to applications regarding whether they are in the top third, middle third and lower third after May 15th; usually in the later part of May.
Last edited:
For those of you who haven't heard anything, I called today, and they told me that they recently sent out a ton of rejections, and that those of us who haven't heard anything are still being considered for the last batches of interview spots. So,evidently no news is good news at this point.
For those of you who haven't heard anything, I called today, and they told me that they recently sent out a ton of rejections, and that those of us who haven't heard anything are still being considered for the last batches of interview spots. So,evidently no news is good news at this point.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if they sent it via e-mail or snail mail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they send it out. I remember him saying that if you called and asked, they will tell you.
EDIT:
Thank you for your email regarding the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Alternate List. The Committee on Admissions and Dr. Stephen Manuel, the Assistant Dean of Admissions, will send out information to applications regarding whether they are in the top third, middle third and lower third after May 15th; usually in the later part of May.
They told me that too. I hope I am in the tp 1/3 as I would love to go there.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if they sent it via e-mail or snail mail?
And when they were sent? *cringing at the thought that I may come home to yet another rejection letter...*

D
deleted261193
i'd like to know this too. i never got an email from UC but if it's coming by snail mail i don't wnat to check ;_;
Anyone know how Cincinnati grades? Pass fail or what?
Do you know if they sent it via e-mail or snail mail?
This +1. Anyone? Guessing mail if nobody here reported reject email
Anyone know how Cincinnati grades? Pass fail or what?
They have actual grades, unless this has changed for the incoming classes.
They have actual grades, unless this has changed for the incoming classes.
If I remember correctly, they said they are pass/fail for the first two years, but with internal rankings.
If I remember correctly, they said they are pass/fail for the first two years, but with internal rankings.
Ahh, maybe that was it...
Edit: Well, as I recall they had H/HP/P/??/F the first two years. You can call that pass/fail all you want, but it's still an ABCDF grade (unless they changed it in the last two years).
Last edited:
For those still waiting on an interview: Just called admissions and here is what they told me:
4 interview days left. If you haven't received a "status updated" email yet, then you haven't been rejected (or offered an interview for that matter). If you've been rejected or otherwise it will show on your status page now. If you've heard nothing, you're still in contention for an Interview. They Interview until the end of February. Hope this helps.
4 interview days left. If you haven't received a "status updated" email yet, then you haven't been rejected (or offered an interview for that matter). If you've been rejected or otherwise it will show on your status page now. If you've heard nothing, you're still in contention for an Interview. They Interview until the end of February. Hope this helps.
Ahh, maybe that was it...
Edit: Well, as I recall they had H/HP/P/??/F the first two years. You can call that pass/fail all you want, but it's still an ABCDF grade (unless they changed it in the last two years).
I definitely agree. I am not sure I understand the point of having a pass/fail system, unless it is truly pass/fail.
For those still waiting on an interview: Just called admissions and here is what they told me:
4 interview days left. If you haven't received a "status updated" email yet, then you haven't been rejected (or offered an interview for that matter). If you've been rejected or otherwise it will show on your status page now. If you've heard nothing, you're still in contention for an Interview. They Interview until the end of February. Hope this helps.
Oh boy! Good luck to all of us who are waiting!
Ahh, maybe that was it...
Edit: Well, as I recall they had H/HP/P/??/F the first two years. You can call that pass/fail all you want, but it's still an ABCDF grade (unless they changed it in the last two years).
It has changed. P/F for the first two years, but it's ranked.
Still says "Application Complete" for me. I guess that means I am still in contention. I haven't heard anything through email yet.
For those still waiting on an interview: Just called admissions and here is what they told me:
4 interview days left. If you haven't received a "status updated" email yet, then you haven't been rejected (or offered an interview for that matter). If you've been rejected or otherwise it will show on your status page now. If you've heard nothing, you're still in contention for an Interview. They Interview until the end of February. Hope this helps.
Still says "Application Complete" for me. I guess that means I am still in contention. I haven't heard anything through email yet.
+1, good luck all
Same here I just check and I have this:
"Your application is complete for the College of Medicine. The College interviews students on a rolling basis. Please realize that some students may not receive word concerning their interview status until March even though they completed their application in the early fall. If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the office.
Application Complete November 1, 2011"
I hope that since I was complete a little late I still have chance. Hang in there everyone
"Your application is complete for the College of Medicine. The College interviews students on a rolling basis. Please realize that some students may not receive word concerning their interview status until March even though they completed their application in the early fall. If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the office.
Application Complete November 1, 2011"
I hope that since I was complete a little late I still have chance. Hang in there everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In reference to bolded/italics, this could be true. I have been complete since September 27th.
Same here I just check and I have this:
"Your application is complete for the College of Medicine. The College interviews students on a rolling basis. Please realize that some students may not receive word concerning their interview status until March even though they completed their application in the early fall. If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the office.
Application Complete November 1, 2011"
I hope that since I was complete a little late I still have chance. Hang in there everyone
D
deleted261193
same here: no emails, same status (complete)... eep!
Still says "Application Complete" for me. I guess that means I am still in contention. I haven't heard anything through email yet.
+1, good luck all
Same here I just check and I have this:
"Your application is complete for the College of Medicine. The College interviews students on a rolling basis. Please realize that some students may not receive word concerning their interview status until March even though they completed their application in the early fall. If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the office.
Application Complete November 1, 2011"
I hope that since I was complete a little late I still have chance. Hang in there everyone
+2 0_o
Do have to wonder why nobody reported a rejection yet on here though 😕
Didn't some people report rejections at the bottom of the last page in this thread?
I called too and I was told the same. A bunch of rejections went out recently and that we will essentially know by the end of January (7 days !) if we get an II or not. I was told that they interview up till the end of February.
plz oh plz oh plz! I would love to interview here

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
