You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Florida State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
ii this morning.. earliest date is 10/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats when were you complete?
7/19
ii this morning.. earliest date is 10/26
Did you defer the interview because of your acceptance at UF? Congrats with that by the way!!
Best wishes!
Sorry I've been quiet everyone. I've been busy with rotations and residency interview scheduling stuff. For the scattered few who are concerned, I've gotten interview offers in a relatively competitive field from some (subjectively) "Top-25" programs. Many of my friends have also gotten interviews at some top places in a variety of specialties all over the country. Doesn't mean we will match there, but we have the chance to.
I still try to check in, so if there are any questions that I can answer, just let me know.
I still try to check in, so if there are any questions that I can answer, just let me know.
Did you defer the interview because of your acceptance at UF? Congrats with that by the way!!
Best wishes!
I didn't defer it, I scheduled it for the next Monday that was available which is 11/19. I got my master's from FSU, and was super pleased with all of my professors, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got to offer and also when it comes down to it, seeing what kind of financial aid I can receive.
Good for you Napoletana!!
Accepted this morning!
Still having a hard time registering it...hopefully the alcohol will help with that.
Congrats!! 😀
When did you interview?
Accepted this morning!
Still having a hard time registering it...hopefully the alcohol will help with that.
It took me from acceptance until the end of first year to really register it. At times, I still feel like they are going to tell me there was a mistake. Same with some of the interviews being offered now.
Withdrew due to an acceptance near my hometown! Good luck to you all!
Accepted this morning!
Still having a hard time registering it...hopefully the alcohol will help with that.
Welcome. Congratulations.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats to you!
if you don't mind, when were you complete? I've been waiting here for something from them, hoping and hoping that they just haven't gotten around to meeee - I was complete almost 2 months ago (9/4)!
Thank you 🙂
Application Complete on 7/23! Best of luck to you (and congratulations on an acceptance!!!)
II today at 2:35 PM. Put on hold last year after being interviewed (and falling, rather deeply I'll admit, in love with FSU COM) in February. First available Nov. 19th 🙂
Was this the only school you interviewed at last year?
I have been complete since JULY!!!!.. IS..Has anyone tried sending an update or LOI...any luck? Anyone else in this position? Loosing hope!
Was this the only school you interviewed at last year?
Yes indeedy.
Cool.Completed secondary really late. End of January is when I might get antsy. I waited over 3 months before my invite long ago.
Thanks!
The interview is VERY laid back. They're both one-on-one and open file. They're also scheduled for one hour each, but it did not seem like that at all to me. Just be yourself and answer questions honestly. It sounds extremely cliche (because it is), but it is the truth. Also, do a little research on current events in healthcare. FSU makes it perfectly clear that they are committed to primary care and bringing healthcare to those that need it most (especially here in FL). I hope this little bit helps. PM me if you have any specific questions.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted this morning (compulsive refreshing of status page told me first, followed by email at 12:54p)!!!
So incredibly thankful/blessed/ecstatic. To all of you still holding out for interviews/acceptance/wait listers/etc., hang in there. After being told no x 7 last year, wait lists this year, today's acceptance brings welcomed relief. You can do it too! Keep strivin' 🙂
So incredibly thankful/blessed/ecstatic. To all of you still holding out for interviews/acceptance/wait listers/etc., hang in there. After being told no x 7 last year, wait lists this year, today's acceptance brings welcomed relief. You can do it too! Keep strivin' 🙂
if you don't get that message during the interview, trust me, they will make it perfectly clear when you start school. 😉
+1
Accepted this morning (compulsive refreshing of status page told me first, followed by email at 12:54p)!!!
So incredibly thankful/blessed/ecstatic. To all of you still holding out for interviews/acceptance/wait listers/etc., hang in there. After being told no x 7 last year, wait lists this year, today's acceptance brings welcomed relief. You can do it too! Keep strivin' 🙂
+1 👍 Congratulations
I submitted my secondary in early October along with my photo and LORs. The photo and LORs took like a month to get marked received. But, I have not received an email that has marked me complete. Did you guys get a complete email or anything to indicate that your app was being reviewed?
on your status page (where you filled out your secondary) it will tell you if you are complete and under reviewI submitted my secondary in early October along with my photo and LORs. The photo and LORs took like a month to get marked received. But, I have not received an email that has marked me complete. Did you guys get a complete email or anything to indicate that your app was being reviewed?
on your status page (where you filled out your secondary) it will tell you if you are complete and under review
Much appreciated
Much appreciated
after reading your thread, I checked and that is where I'm at.... they've had my required materials for almost 2 months and yet the status page has my LORs marked at November 9th...Doesn't say complete or such yet - I guess I will refuse to think about it and go to all the other interviews with a cheerful attitude in hopes of a glorious email after Christmas or .....
after reading your thread, I checked and that is where I'm at.... they've had my required materials for almost 2 months and yet the status page has my LORs marked at November 9th...Doesn't say complete or such yet - I guess I will refuse to think about it and go to all the other interviews with a cheerful attitude in hopes of a glorious email after Christmas or .....
Ya I feel you. Its pretty frustrating. I called the admissions office and they told me to send an email to them regarding my app status. I sent three emails over the last month and a half and no response. I submitted late though so I guess I can't complain. Good Luck at your interviews
I just emailed them today because it seemed like the progress of my app just stopped dead. After I emailed them, they processed the letters they received after my first batch of letters went through. They also told me that they were waiting on my MCAT scores, and that they needed to be valid within 3 years of matriculation. However, their website says that their MCAT requirement is 3 years prior to application.
http://med.fsu.edu/index.cfm?page=mdAdmissions.admissionRequirements#mcat
I'm slightly confused my the descrepency. Guess I may be out of luck with my 2009 score?
http://med.fsu.edu/index.cfm?page=mdAdmissions.admissionRequirements#mcat
I'm slightly confused my the descrepency. Guess I may be out of luck with my 2009 score?
Ya I feel you. Its pretty frustrating. I called the admissions office and they told me to send an email to them regarding my app status. I sent three emails over the last month and a half and no response. I submitted late though so I guess I can't complain. Good Luck at your interviews
I know how frustrating the admissions process can be. I was in the same boat as you during my app. year. However, I must advocate caution when emailing admissions committees at any school. You never want to send an email without forethought and deliberation. Sending too many emails will get you labeled as a "badgering" applicant, which will not win you any favor with the committee. I wish you the best in the process. Remember it is long and requires a lot of patience.
If you have to ask yourself "Am I being annoying with this emails?" then you should probably ease up a bit. Think about it from their perspective. If you had control of admissions into some organization, how many emails would you want from a person before telling them to chill out because it is getting annoying?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know how frustrating the admissions process can be. I was in the same boat as you during my app. year. However, I must advocate caution when emailing admissions committees at any school. You never want to send an email without forethought and deliberation. Sending too many emails will get you labeled as a "badgering" applicant, which will not win you any favor with the committee. I wish you the best in the process. Remember it is long and requires a lot of patience.
If you have to ask yourself "Am I being annoying with this emails?" then you should probably ease up a bit. Think about it from their perspective. If you had control of admissions into some organization, how many emails would you want from a person before telling them to chill out because it is getting annoying?
I appreciate the advice/encouragement. Needless to say, I won't be sending anymore emails regarding my status. I don't think that my previous emails will be seen in a negative light given their content. But who knows, I may be doomed.
Just wondering if anyone has started a FB group for the class of 2017 or knows of one? Ive been keeping an eye out and have not noticed one yet.
Same here!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.