2012-2013 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not smart to leave questions blank...they ask them for a reason.

ok brb making up that I have a brother and sister.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't make stuff up though! Be honest, if you don't have siblings, describe your life as a single child...is this stuff not common knowledge? haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received interview invites?
and if so what were your stats and when did you submit your secondary?

Or you could just answer the question. Plus you never gave your stats. so yeah...

Doesn't really matter, regardless. We like to hear numbers to support or deny our beliefs, but it is trivial to agonize too much because you aren't that person. I got an interview with lower stats than other people, but that doesn't answer much for you.

The process is seemingly random from the outside. Just have to roll with it and minimize obsessing about your chances.

I didn't put it to be rude...and plus i'm not really proud of my stats, but FSU looks beyond stats at the meat of your application, not just your scores...i've seen people with 30 MCAT and perfect GPAs get rejected without interview while I remain on the waitlist...so like I said, my stats...they're below average.

Doesn't really matter, regardless. We like to hear numbers to support or deny our beliefs, but it is trivial to agonize too much because you aren't that person. I got an interview with lower stats than other people, but that doesn't answer much for you.

The process is seemingly random from the outside. Just have to roll with it and minimize obsessing about your chances.

Truth...:thumbup:

Are there any EDP students who have not heard back anything from FSU regarding an interview??

I didn't put it to be rude...and plus i'm not really proud of my stats, but FSU looks beyond stats at the meat of your application, not just your scores...i've seen people with 30 MCAT and perfect GPAs get rejected without interview while I remain on the waitlist...so like I said, my stats...they're below average.

Wish you good luck my friend. I'm waiting for an interview invite here, too, as you already know. FSU is my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you apply slp? the later you apply, the longer it takes for them to get to you...i am edp and applied the day after they requested the secondary and i was given an II a month and a half later...but i also think i am interviewing on the first day of the season...

when did you apply slp? the later you apply, the longer it takes for them to get to you...i am edp and applied the day after they requested the secondary and i was given an II a month and a half later...but i also think i am interviewing on the first day of the season...
I had my primary processed around mid july and had my secondary in by the end of July. I saw you got your interview invite a week and a half ago... do you think they are still sending invites? or do you think they are done?

Last edited:
well you applied a few weeks later than i did, so it is going to take longer...and if you look at the application timeline, it says that they apply up through the end of september or they default you to regular admissions...

Anyone has an estimate on when regular applicant invites will go out?

Anyone has an estimate on when regular applicant invites will go out?
Last year the first regular invite came out on 9/14, if I'm not mistaken.

Last year, I was a regular applicant and I got my II on Sept 9. Note that I applied within a week of being sent the secondary.

Just released from USF EDP on Tuesday. Submitted to FSU 09/05, Secondary received 09/05, Secondary submitted 09/06, Application under review 09/06. Shake them dice!!!!!

Just released from USF EDP on Tuesday. Submitted to FSU 09/05, Secondary received 09/05, Secondary submitted 09/06, Application under review 09/06. Shake them dice!!!!!

lol wth i submitted the secondary and photo on august 11 and still haven't received a complete email! anyone else?

Same here. It only says "secondary received" for me and I submitted about a month ago...

Are you guys sure your letters have been processed by FSU? They took about 2 weeks to receive them but I went under review the same day my letters were received. Submitted 8/8, under review 8/21 not EDP.

Are you guys sure your letters have been processed by FSU? They took about 2 weeks to receive them but I went under review the same day my letters were received. Submitted 8/8, under review 8/21 not EDP.

i don't think my letters have been processed, and i sent them the same day i sent the secondary. should i call the office? i don't want to end up being "late" when i submitted all my documents early. :/

Yes I would probably contact them in that case since its been more than the 2-3 weeks timetable their website gives for letters.

They're also very quick at replying to emails. I had a question about a pre-req and got a response the next day first thing in the morning.

No problem guys, hopefully your applications hit review status soon!

No problem guys, hopefully your applications hit review status soon!

Thanks x 2! I emailed them earlier today and the office wrote back telling me they'd get back to me by the end of the day. So hopefully review soon!

First off, you guys didn't actually manually send in LORs did you? Because they only accept those that are sent in via AMCAS.
On another note, I had my interviews today and they were awesome! Just like last year. I feel that EDP really helped show FSU that I truly wanted to be there. I find out in two weeks whether or not I am accepted, so I'm pretty stoked!

For those of you keeping score, FSU has the largest point spread of any team in college football history. Go 'Noles!

Thanks x 2! I emailed them earlier today and the office wrote back telling me they'd get back to me by the end of the day. So hopefully review soon!

You're welcome! I love how quick they are with responding back.

Mvb2 hopefully we'll get to see how great the school is ourselves. I can imagine how relieving it would be to get an acceptance in two weeks haha.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

First off, you guys didn't actually manually send in LORs did you? Because they only accept those that are sent in via AMCAS.
On another note, I had my interviews today and they were awesome! Just like last year. I feel that EDP really helped show FSU that I truly wanted to be there. I find out in two weeks whether or not I am accepted, so I'm pretty stoked!

nah, submitted LORs through AMCAS. glad your interview went well!

nah, submitted LORs through AMCAS. glad your interview went well!

oh good, about the LORs. But yeah, applying is a long process. Last year I was waiting right up until orientation. So get ready for the long haul! Some get lucky and get accepted, others are stuck with waitlisting...either way, good luck!

I applied regular decision, and I got an interview today! :)

I was complete 7/23.
MCAT: PS- 14, V- 7, BS- 11
GPA/sGPA: 3.80/3.84

Got waitlisted today...wonderful. So now I'm starting the application process for SMPs, any suggestions (except for USFs)?

WOOT finally got my first MD interview invite. Regular applicant too. :)

hey guys! congrats on your interview invites - just wondering if they called you or emailed you? or did you just see it on your status? inquiring (read: paranoid) minds want to know! :p

They emailed me. The status online never changed, so I kept checking for no reason basically...haha.

Congrats on the interviews guys!

I was complete 7/23.
MCAT: PS- 14, V- 7, BS- 11
GPA/sGPA: 3.80/3.84

Nice stats man we are alike in a lot of ways 8-D but I'll admit I'm jealous you already heard from them! :( I haven't heard back from any MD schools yet and sent everything in by 7/14... What do you think that's about?? I know it's still early but this waiting game ain't fun.

My stats:
PS-11, VR- 8, BS- 13
GPA/sGPA: 3.81/3.86

I noticed the "Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine and the realization of your professional ambitions." question isn't included in the OP. Is it not on this year's secondary?

If so, are you all approaching this like a reiteration of your personal statement? Or are you just trying to draw different paths to the same conclusions you reached in your PS?

Status
Not open for further replies.