2012-2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure it might have been said already but Adelphi sent out acceptance emails on Thursday, March 7 at 3:10 PM. It was the assistant on behalf of the director.

I got accepted!! The only place I want to be!

Members don't see this ad.

So I know others have asked this, but I have a few acceptances, and one which I'd be happy to take. However, I am still waiting to hear from my top choice programs (1 of which I have seen has accepted people, and 1 which definitely hasn't sent invites yet). I interviewed at both about 4 weeks ago, and haven't heard a peep. Do you think I should contact the POI/DCT about my admissions status? If yes, do I state I am doing so because I have other offers?

Thanks!

Absolutely. There's nothing wrong contacting them and explaining exactly what you just did. Not only does that help you get your own answer, but it is considerate to the people waiting to hear from the schools you would not be accepting if you were to get into your top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

Has anyone heard from the clinical psych program at Teachers College? I saw a couple posts about an acceptance and post-interview rejection on gradcafe, and am wondering if the emails came from a POI or if they were more general.

If anyone has heard from Pitt post interview will you please PM me and let me know? I would love to know POI but I won't ask if you don't want to include it!

I applied to Pitt's developmental program and was told by my POI on that I should hear from them early this week. I'm not sure if it's the same timeline for the clinical program, but I'd assume so since the interviews were together. Good luck, hopefully we hear soon!

So I know others have asked this, but I have a few acceptances, and one which I'd be happy to take. However, I am still waiting to hear from my top choice programs (1 of which I have seen has accepted people, and 1 which definitely hasn't sent invites yet). I interviewed at both about 4 weeks ago, and haven't heard a peep. Do you think I should contact the POI/DCT about my admissions status? If yes, do I state I am doing so because I have other offers?

Thanks!

Also consider declining all the acceptances except the one you'd be happy to take so that other applicants can come in off the weightlist (Council of University Directors of Clinical Psychology Guidelines for Graduate School: http://www.temple.edu/psychology/clinical/documents/guidelines.pdf)
Then you can hold that one offer until you hear final word from your first choice. Maybe this is what you're doing, but it wasn't clear from the post.

This is what I am doing, but you bring up a good point: some schools have done an unofficial email or phone call, and I was waiting to get official notification to respond. Is that wrong? Do you guys have opinions on declining an acceptance via email?

Just received an official email offering me admission to Florida Techs PsyD program with $10,000 grad assistant tuiton remission Will be accepting the offer! Very excited.

Just received an official email offering me admission to Florida Techs PsyD program with $10,000 grad assistant tuiton remission Will be accepting the offer! Very excited.

Nice! 10k each semester or per three semesters?

Anyone hear from Fordham post-interview? It's the last school I'm waiting to hear from before I accept an offer so I'm dying to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I am doing, but you bring up a good point: some schools have done an unofficial email or phone call, and I was waiting to get official notification to respond. Is that wrong? Do you guys have opinions on declining an acceptance via email?

I would wait for your current top choice in writing. That seems prudent. After that, why wait for other offers you know you're not going to accept? It's flattering to receive multiple offers, but I felt it was more respectful to let professors know as soon as I could.

I just received word from Pacific University that I was accepted for their Psy. D. program! It was the only school I applied to, so I am accepting. :) I received notice via a phone call and then an email, and will be receiving a formal letter in a few weeks.

It's over for the three semester (fall, spring, summer)academic year not per semester.

So, I got an acceptance to my top choice program (School A) a couple days ago! However, it was an e-mail with a PDF of the official letter attached. I am currently holding another offer (School B) and I intend to accept the one I got today from School A, but I am hesitant to accept the offer until I get the official letter in the mail. On the other hand, I am feeling extremely guilty holding onto the other offer from School B until I get the official letter in the mail from School A. Tell me, am I overthinking this, or is it prudent to wait until you have physical documentation? Thanks!

You are over-thinking it. Print the letter if it makes you feel better, and call it a day. Oh, and congrats!

Accepted at Indiana University of Pennsylvania Clinical Psy.D. Super excited :D

If whoever posted on TGC about Fordham is on here, can you tell us your POI/how you were informed/if it was a mass email? PM me if it is easier.

i would also be interested in knowing this info! thanks

Just realized I bumped an old thread that someone had bumped.

Anyhow. If the person who received an offer from Stony Brook could PM me your POI that would be awesome.

Was just accepted to Pace University's School-clinical PsyD program! So excited :)

Accepted to the University of Missouri - Kansas City's Clinical Ph.D. Program on 3/4. Will be accepting the offer!! I am so extremely happy -- I love this program! :biglove:

Has anyone heard back from George Washington University's PsyD? They indicated a March 8-15 notification timeline and I haven't heard a peep either way.

Anyone out there holding an offer to University of Missouri-Columbia while waiting to decide/hear from another program?

Feel free to PM if you would like.

I just got an acceptance email from La Salle's Psyd program!!!

Probably yes!! :)

I received an acceptance as well! Do you know if they offer any type of work study or graduate assistantships? I still haven't decided if I'm definitely accepting or not

I got a phone call that I was accepted to LIU cw post psyD :) , an acceptance email from Yeshiva for their clinical psyD and an email saying I was waitlisted at Adelphi/Derner :D
Congrats! When did you interview at Yeshiva?

I don't think they offer any financial aid :/ .... but if you have a masters you can teach courses.

I don't think they offer any financial aid :/ .... but if you have a masters you can teach courses.

Yeah :thumbdown: I guess it's all loans there. I was hoping they had some on campus jobs to make extra money, that would be flexible and manageable during the program. I wasn't aware that students with a masters can teach, that is definitely something I'd be interested in. Thanks for letting me know! Maybe I'll see you there in the fall!