You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Tennessee Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Complete. Waiting on interview invite.
Good luck everyone
Good luck everyone
Submitted 9/29, complete 10/4, interview invite 10/14 (IS) Wish all schools were this quick!
I've got one interview in Nashville and the other in Memphis. I'm not sure if I like that or not. Could just be a hassle to have to miss class twice when I could get it done in one swoop or it could be nice to have a reset button between interviews in case it goes poorly (first interview, so I'm a little nervous). Anyone else have experience with this?
I've got one interview in Nashville and the other in Memphis. I'm not sure if I like that or not. Could just be a hassle to have to miss class twice when I could get it done in one swoop or it could be nice to have a reset button between interviews in case it goes poorly (first interview, so I'm a little nervous). Anyone else have experience with this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just heard that I got a interview invite for October 31. Secondary complete Oct. 9. I interviewed here last year so if anyone has any questions about it just let me know.
Anything happening at UT anymore?
If I recall correctly, they will be sending out the first batch of acceptances this Friday (via snailmail.)
Anything happening at UT anymore?
If I recall correctly, they will be sending out the first batch of acceptances this Friday (via snailmail.)
Yup, it's still technically early for interviews, which is weird but good.
How'd the interview go? I have one Tuesday. I interviewed there last year too, but this time, I'm only interviewing with one person. Last year, I interviewed with two.Just heard that I got a interview invite for October 31. Secondary complete Oct. 9. I interviewed here last year so if anyone has any questions about it just let me know.
Man, that'd be a dream come true for me. How'd you manage that stroke of luck?How'd the interview go? I have one Tuesday. I interviewed there last year too, but this time, I'm only interviewing with one person. Last year, I interviewed with two.
Man, that'd be a dream come true for me. How'd you manage that stroke of luck?
They do that with all re-applicants.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile
Just wondering, how many people are usually interviewed each day?
Hah, well it appears my dream just came true! LoLThey do that with all re-applicants.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile
The interview went pretty well. They said that the next meeting to determine acceptances would be November 16, and they would try to get the letters out before Thanksgiving. Good luck with your interview!How'd the interview go? I have one Tuesday. I interviewed there last year too, but this time, I'm only interviewing with one person. Last year, I interviewed with two.
Interviewed with Dr. Presbury and Dr Watsky.
I feel like it went pretty well, ethical questions from Presbury but also a good mixture of personal things. Watsky was honestly more difficult in my opinion.
BTW. Ms Harris is the absolute nicest person I've met along the interview trail.
I feel like it went pretty well, ethical questions from Presbury but also a good mixture of personal things. Watsky was honestly more difficult in my opinion.
BTW. Ms Harris is the absolute nicest person I've met along the interview trail.
Sent a status check email to Dr. Strother today noting that I didn't receive a confirmation when I sent in an update. He wrote back verifying that it was indeed in my file and that they do plan to interview me, but have yet to schedule it. w00t! This year is SOOOOO different than last year. I. Am. In. Heaven.
GL to the rest of you!
GL to the rest of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! What day?Got my interview invite around 6:30 tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finished my secondary and was complete on September 15th. I'm still waiting to hear word on an interview. Seems like their turn-around is pretty slow, especially considering I'm an in-state applicant. I really love this school and hope to be accepted!
I will probably post on here once I find out if I get an interview. My stats are 31Q / 3.85c / 3.83s. Good luck to everyone!
I will probably post on here once I find out if I get an interview. My stats are 31Q / 3.85c / 3.83s. Good luck to everyone!
Sweet, there's still hope for a November interview. Word. Thanks for posting.11/19
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile
So, yesterday I received an email from admissions asking me to return for another interview. I interviewed back on October 3rd initially. Essentially, this meant that 1 of my interviewers did not like me and the other did. I interviewed with an endocrinologist Dr. Nutting. He was rude and seemed entirely disinterested in my application and in medicine in general. Just a heads up to anyone who lands this Nut-job for an interview, talk to him about his dogs and dog shows. People told me to do this before the interview but I chose not to. I shouldn't have to kiss someone's ass and talk about poodles for an hour in order to get into medical school. Anyway, I'm withdrawing my application and not attending the additional interview. I felt much more welcome and happy at UVA. Good luck to everyone else. UT is great, lots of opportunities. However, after my interview experience, I've been somewhat soured.
Just to provide some perspective, I interviewed with the same professor last year, spoke absolutely nothing about dogs, even though advised to do so by others from what I gathered was ultimately a facetious ploy. We instead spoke in detail about some of my volunteering experiences and mostly about my research endeavors. I had a wonderful interview, joked a bit, and felt great.So, yesterday I received an email from admissions asking me to return for another interview. I interviewed back on October 3rd initially. Essentially, this meant that 1 of my interviewers did not like me and the other did. I interviewed with an endocrinologist Dr. Nutting. He was rude and seemed entirely disinterested in my application and in medicine in general. Just a heads up to anyone who lands this Nut-job for an interview, talk to him about his dogs and dog shows. People told me to do this before the interview but I chose not to. I shouldn't have to kiss someone's ass and talk about poodles for an hour in order to get into medical school. Anyway, I'm withdrawing my application and not attending the additional interview. I felt much more welcome and happy at UVA. Good luck to everyone else. UT is great, lots of opportunities. However, after my interview experience, I've been somewhat soured.
Now, I'm not in any way discounting your experience and am rather disappointed it turned out that way. That said, I have indeed heard a lot of mixed reviews about the administration and faculty; so it doesn't come as a surprise. I'm glad you found somewhere you genuinely love, though. Good luck. We'll see ya on the other side of M4 at PGY1!
Has anyone gotten any correspondence post interview as of reject, accept, or no decision?
The next meeting is November 16th per Diane, and I didn't know if anyone had gotten any good news yet
Edit: Take that back, a friend got their acceptance today.
The next meeting is November 16th per Diane, and I didn't know if anyone had gotten any good news yet
Edit: Take that back, a friend got their acceptance today.
Last edited:
Has anyone gotten any correspondence post interview as of reject, accept, or no decision?
The next meeting is November 16th per Diane, and I didn't know if anyone had gotten any good news yet
Edit: Take that back, a friend got their acceptance today.
Has anybody else heard anything back from the October 26th meeting? I wonder if maybe they did not get through too many applications the first time around.
I received an acceptance letter via snail mail within the past week (just checked my mail for the first time today). I interviewed on the first day of interviews though, Oct 1st.
There is no deposit but I can't seem to find a turn around date requirement...
There is no deposit but I can't seem to find a turn around date requirement...
Presbury and Nutting; both interviews went pretty well. I have no complaints, though I don't necessarily think I did particularly amazing. In fact, both interviews seemed relatively short, maybe 30 minutes each. The first one was actually 'rushed' due to last minute scheduling changes.
33Q/3.7/3.9 btw
33Q/3.7/3.9 btw
Last edited:
Would you mind sharing your stats? Don't hesitate to PM if you're too bashful.Presbury and Nutting; both interviews went pretty well. I have no complaints, though I don't necessarily think I did particularly amazing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told at my interview that they would try to get the letters out before Thanksgiving, but they couldn't guarantee they would be out by then. So, I'd say we'll get them Friday or Saturday now.
Yeah, last year when I interviewed here they didn't send an email or anything, just the letter in the mail with rejection, acceptance, or on hold.
Just got the acceptance!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in!!
I'm in! Complete 10/15, Interviewed 10/30, recieved letter today!
Good luck and congrats everyone!
Also accepted. Interviewed 10/30. Very relieved!
Congrats to all those that were recently accepted! I believe they should be scheduling more interviews shortly.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K