not_houseMD
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you OOS or IS? Their stats on their website look like an approximately 80% secondary to II rate. What do you think went wrong?Yep, bright and early LOLLL
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Were you OOS or IS? Their stats on their website look like an approximately 80% secondary to II rate. What do you think went wrong?Yep, bright and early LOLLL
OOS with super strong ties, i heard from one of my friends that it is super competitive this year due to their increased class size but they gave me the option to get feedback on my app so we shall see what they sayWere you OOS or IS? Their stats on their website look like an approximately 80% secondary to II rate. What do you think went wrong?
Super interesting how this process works. I interviewed earlier than this and have not received anything.+1 IS Waitlist (interviewed 10/15, got answer on 10/30)
Where'd you see that? Their site says last year they had 626 IS apps and 283 completed IS interviews. OOS percentage is way lower.Were you OOS or IS? Their stats on their website look like an approximately 80% secondary to II rate. What do you think went wrong?
I think @not_houseMD is referring to the fact that they reported in their FAQ that ~400 secondaries go out for ~300 interview spots, of course (with all data), context is key and the number of OOS interviews that went out is significantly less than ISWhere'd you see that? Their site says last year they had 626 IS apps and 283 completed IS interviews. OOS percentage is way lower.
I just saw this sorry- but it’s in mid JanuaryWhat interview date were y'all assigned?
when did they tell you this? that feels so far 🙁I just saw this sorry- but it’s in mid January
They told me in October and they select the interview date for you. I think it’s just the nature of rolling admissions. I submitted my primary much later than most people- like early August. Then my secondaries were submitted in September to early Oct. My recent interview invite at UMass is scheduled around the same time in mid-Jan bc those were the dates available so that helped me feel better abt ETSU 😅.when did they tell you this? that feels so far 🙁
I similarly was complete in Aug, II in Oct, interview date is early Feb.They told me in October and they select the interview date for you. I think it’s just the nature of rolling admissions. I submitted my primary much later than most people- like early August. Then my secondaries were submitted in September to early Oct. My recent interview invite at UMass is scheduled around the same time in mid-Jan bc those were the dates available so that helped me feel better abt ETSU 😅.
I totally misread this thread lol i thought you were responding to someone who asked about when the next round of decisions would be released! hopefully not until mid january!They told me in October and they select the interview date for you. I think it’s just the nature of rolling admissions. I submitted my primary much later than most people- like early August. Then my secondaries were submitted in September to early Oct. My recent interview invite at UMass is scheduled around the same time in mid-Jan bc those were the dates available so that helped me feel better abt ETSU 😅.
yesAre interviewers blinded to gpa and mcat during the open-file portion of the interview?
Congrats! Guess that answers my question above lol+1 OOS A!!!
Congrats !! I just got waitlisted. Did you sent any update letters or letters of intent?+1 OOS A!!!
Did you get it around the same time the others posted? Trying to determine if it was a mass email. I’m not exactly sure how their waitlist works.+IS WL
Does anyone know the average timeframe for getting off a waitlist?
For example, if you got waitlisted this month, is there a chance you could get an A next time admissions meets? Or will they wait till they finish all interviews?
Yes, it seems like a mass emailDid you get it around the same time the others posted? Trying to determine if it was a mass email. I’m not exactly sure how their waitlist works.
I didn’t, I got waitlisted like 3 weeks ago and was going to give it a little longer just bc I dont know the timeframe to send them out at lol.Congrats !! I just got waitlisted. Did you sent any update letters or letters of intent?
I got off the waitlist in less than a month so I’m guessing they could move quick with it+IS WL
Does anyone know the average timeframe for getting off a waitlist?
For example, if you got waitlisted this month, is there a chance you could get an A next time admissions meets? Or will they wait till they finish all interviews?
Okay that’s very reassuring thank you 🙂I didn’t, I got waitlisted like 3 weeks ago and was going to give it a little longer just bc I dont know the timeframe to send them out at lol.
That is awesome! Congrats!I got off the waitlist in less than a month so I’m guessing they could move quick with it
Mine was 11/10Anyone who heard back today from the 11/3 interview day?
One of the above commenters did. I interviewed 11/3 and didn’t hear anything.Did anyone else hear from the 11/10 interview day? I am so confused by this process
interviewed 11/13, +1 IS WL, LM 68Congrats !! I just got waitlisted. Did you sent any update letters or letters of intent?
If the trend from last years thread follows, then this past Friday would be the last we hear about decisions for this month and next decisions won't be sent out until first or second week of DecemberFingers crossed we will hear some decisions today before their office closes for Thanksgiving!
Just weird that this year there was only one acceptance given this past Friday and a bunch of waitlists... I'm holding hope that they have not made the calls yet for acceptances.If the trend from last years thread follows, then this past Friday would be the last we hear about decisions for this month and next decisions won't be sent out until first or second week of December
Interesting, I didn't realize how many As vs WL were given Friday. Maybe you're rightJust weird that this year there was only one acceptance given this past Friday and a bunch of waitlists... I'm holding hope that they have not made the calls yet for acceptances.
It almost seems like they are waitlisting most applicants just to give applicants a decision before Thanksgiving. Hopefully, there will be As/ waitlist movement when they return from Thanksgiving.Just weird that this year there was only one acceptance given this past Friday and a bunch of waitlists... I'm holding hope that they have not made the calls yet for acceptances.
I am really hoping for some good news tomorrow. Fingers crossed there are some AsIt almost seems like they are waitlisting most applicants just to give applicants a decision before Thanksgiving. Hopefully, there will be As/ waitlist movement when they return from Thanksgiving.
I doubt we hear anything this today after coming off a holiday weekendI am really hoping for some good news tomorrow. Fingers crossed there are some As
Tbh when I interviewed I think they said next committee meeting wasn't until Dec 19thI doubt we hear anything this today after coming off a holiday weekend
That is terrible news. Was hoping to get an answer before the 15th and hopefully save $1500 on my DO depositTbh when I interviewed I think they said next committee meeting wasn't until Dec 19th
What day did you interview?Tbh when I interviewed I think they said next committee meeting wasn't until Dec 19th
11/12What day did you interview?
I definitely would not get excited about hearing anything on that date. Seems like multiple committee meetings can go by without hearing a single word.11/12
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.