2012 feb/march/april NBDE part 1 test takers-Join This Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dent1912

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2012 jan/feb/march/april NBDE part 1 test takers join this thread n share our doubts,questions and subjects preparations.

There are n no. of threads for discussion of 2012 exam pattern..so lets not discuss that here....This thread is to motivate each other and sail through the exam ,becoz practically speaking whatever will be the pattern.. we have to face it.

so, lets begin and try to takeover :)

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys, i am giving my exam in feb and i just finished dental anatomy from decks and first aid, can anyone tell me if first and decks are enough to get a good score??

i am also in so much trouble as i took my exam date for 30th december 2011 so that i give it before new pattern but wen i took the kaplan tests i didn't score well and also my prep is left the course is soo vast.....but i think i have to extend it for 2 months as it will take time to get familiar with new pattern...good luck to every1.....i am very afraid of the new pattern but GOD will help INSHALLAH...

Members don't see this ad :)
hello guys , after starting this thread I was out for a while ...busy with some stuff ..I have decided to take my exam in mid april .

anyways keep posting your study updates ...I doing anatomy these days .

good luck to all ...keep studying :)

Hi guys.. am in san francisco and I started my preparation last week. Will be writing exam in march end. Im starting with microbiology/ pathology from first aid book and planning to finish it this week. anyone else joining me?

hello guys , after starting this thread I was out for a while ...busy with some stuff ..I have decided to take my exam in mid april .

anyways keep posting your study updates ...I doing anatomy these days .

good luck to all ...keep studying :)

I'm in too... to stay motivated for my preparation..starting with dental anatomy

hi all docs...
i have taken the date on feb 23 2012
i m preparing since july.. bt today i came across new pattern of nbde exams and syllabus
my confusion are:
1. path-micro syllabus says... microbiology, immunology & pathology of specific diseases (my question is what are these specific diseases)
if anyone aware of this please let me know

2. New Item Formats
Three new item types are being introduced on the National Board Dental Examinations beginning in 2012. The new item types are multiple correct/multiple response, extended matching, and ordering. For NBDE Part I, a couple of new items in the new format will be introduced solely in the testlet sections of the examination.
Since these items are considered pretest items they will not be scored. However, they will be evaluated for their statistical performance and will not have an impact on candidate’s results or pass/fail status.
(please i want to know the meaning of line that is bold and underline)

kindly help me.... m having no help for these two question...

mohit gupta
chandigarh

hi all docs...
i m preparing since july.. bt today i came across new pattern of nbde exams and syllabus
my confusion are:
1. path-micro syllabus says... microbiology, immunology & pathology of specific diseases (my question is what are these specific diseases)

2. New Item Formats
Three new item types are being introduced on the National Board Dental Examinations beginning in 2012. The new item types are multiple correct/multiple response, extended matching, and ordering. For NBDE Part I, a couple of new items in the new format will be introduced solely in the testlet sections of the examination.
Since these items are considered pretest items they will not be scored. However, they will be evaluated for their statistical performance and will not have an impact on candidate's results or pass/fail status.

mohit gupta
chandigarh

meaning of bold line may be : I think they are not going to rate and score those new format questions in score reports.
In fact for now that new format of Question will be just evaluated by them to conduct some research and analysis so that they can conclude how those item will gonna give outcomes if included in test in near future.
( I had given GRE in Old fomat and from july GRE format was about to change ....prometric gives us new format sample questions just for their research purpose and it was written on that section that these questions are not going to effect your test scores this is only for research and analysis and ya offcourse extra time was provided for that section)

But i think on NBDE test..... if they do not write any title like this on any section.... do not underestimate even new format questions becoz u never know what they are up to .

meaning of bold line may be : I think they are not going to rate and score those new format questions in score reports.
In fact for now that new format of question will be just evaluated by them to conduct some research and analysis so that they can conclude how those item will gonna give outcomes if included in test in near future.
( i had given gre in old fomat and from july gre format was about to change ....prometric gives us new format sample questions just for their research purpose and it was written on that section that these questions are not going to effect your test scores this is only for research and analysis and ya offcourse extra time was provided for that section)

but i think on nbde test..... If they do not write any title like this on any section.... Do not underestimate even new format questions becoz u never know what they are up to .

thanks sonam....... :)

hey guys.....takin my exam in march2012...we really need to practice those new question types....ASDA,DECKS none have them(atleast the ones which I have dont).Just purchased crackthenbde although will take my 1st mock test later this month....is there any source where we can practice more of those new question types???will keep u updated if crackthenbde updates its question bank....thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey plzzz can u guys help me that where to practice the new format questions from i hav my exam in march....does anyone knw f decks 2012 13 editon have those nw types.....plzzzz help and answer so that i buy latest decks i hae 2010 edition...thanks

Hi everyone,
Plan to do NDBE Part1 in Feb or March. Joining this group for discussions. Understand that materials like past released papers can be downloaded at low cost.- what's the best way to do this.
Also i'm based in Seattle, Redmond area- looking for study partner.

Guys,
I am done with my ECE evaluation. It would be great if anyone could tell me step by step procedure to book date for NBDE Part 1. (planning to take exam around May 2012)

Thank you !

I am an Indian Female looking for female study partner if anyone interested please call me at 248-560-7086,if i am not available leave me a message I will get back to you,thanks.

hi when id you start your prep,what subjects you have already covered.I am just starting.plz reply.

hi all docs...
my confusion are:

2. New Item Formats
Since these items are considered pretest items they will not be scored. However, they will be evaluated for their statistical performance and will not have an impact on candidate’s results or pass/fail status.

mohit gupta
chandigarh
Hi Mohit
Iam also from india and just started to search for options for bds like us from India.Will appreciate if you will give your mail id and help me in this regard.Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Egypt guys :)
i was planning on taking the exam late 2011 but then i thought about it and decided to take it in 2012 with the new exam format.... don't ask me why but i feel a little bit optimistic about the new exam :) the fact that i don't have to worry about the score i get is a HUGE relief! Comparing to the risk of getting a good score before to the risk of getting a passing grade even after they notched up the exam level is worth it! DO YOU FEEL THE SAME TOO? :)

About my studying i started a week ago and i'm planning on taking the exam in march and i'm studying now from First Aid book and i did a little bit of a review on the whole book and it's around 600 pages or so, then i decided i'll study 15pages/day which will make me finish this book in a month and a half then i'll move on to the decks and solving past exams for a month at least... and the 15pages/day thing REALLY REALLY helped me A LOT!
How do you guys see this study pattern? i guess it can be more than enough cuz i dnt feel like over-studying from different resources and get caught in the hype of confusing myself even more!!

Good luck for you all and any feedback will be appreciated :)
STUDY HARD WORK HARD EARN HARD :))

I think the change in format should not affect the study pattern. I think its best to follow Kaplan, Nbde1 first aid and dental decks (for practice) . I don not have recent dental decks though , they are pretty old.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.