You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 University of Texas - Houston Application Thread
Started by sector9
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They've been giving out a lot more the past couple of years, but plenty of people still match and get in from the wait list.Now I'm nervous that Houston started to become pre-match heavy...... I'm just hoping there are a lot of the lucky few here on SDN.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted to one or more TX schools, what are you expected to do at this point?
From previous threads, the general advice is to accept all offers for now. If you have a clear #1, wait until you have the official acceptance papers in hand and then let the other schools know your intention of attending somewhere else so that offer can go to another applicant. You may also want to hold onto all of them for a while and see if any scholarships are awarded to you in the next month or so.
How long ago did you get accepted? They still rolling these out?Accepted!!! Dream school! 4.0/28 IS
congrats. you're cleaning up!
Dude, you're a BEAST.
Thanks, guys. Just lucky, really. Congrats to everyone getting in.
I emailed immediately. LolFrom previous threads, the general advice is to accept all offers for now. If you have a clear #1, wait until you have the official acceptance papers in hand and then let the other schools know your intention of attending somewhere else so that offer can go to another applicant. You may also want to hold onto all of them for a while and see if any scholarships are awarded to you in the next month or so.
Congrats on the pre-matches everybody. For those that didn't, be patient. I got in off the wait list in May and the majority of my friends either matched or got in off the wait list.
Re: holding on to multiple pre-match offers. Take your time to decide where you want to be, but if you know that there is no way you would go to that school go ahead and decline the offer. There are usually at least one more batch of pre-match offers so try not to string the school along just because it feels cool to have offers from three schools.
Congratulations, again, and good luck.
Re: holding on to multiple pre-match offers. Take your time to decide where you want to be, but if you know that there is no way you would go to that school go ahead and decline the offer. There are usually at least one more batch of pre-match offers so try not to string the school along just because it feels cool to have offers from three schools.
Congratulations, again, and good luck.
prematched
Let me know when you find outprematched on friday at 11:34am. is there a facebook group yet?
Can't wait to meet you all.Prematched here on Friday around 12:30! Couldn't be more excited, this was my top choice school. Looking forward to meeting everyone, let us know if you find a Facebook group!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cancelled my II for this friday, since I was accepted to UTSW.
Last edited:
Done! Just show up Friday and tell them the moose sent you. 

nvm
Last edited:
How long ago did you get accepted? They still rolling these out?
That's a good questionWhat do we do with all the other acceptances we got? Is it safe to decline all the offers if we are 100% about going to UT Houston?
Yes if you're 100% sure on uth you should reject all other offers so others waiting can get a spot.What do we do with all the other acceptances we got? Is it safe to decline all the offers if we are 100% about going to UT Houston?
yeah, if you know where you're going to go and they've confirmed your acceptance of the offer, it's ok to withdraw from other places.What do we do with all the other acceptances we got? Is it safe to decline all the offers if we are 100% about going to UT Houston?
Personally, I'm waiting until I receive my acceptance stuff in the mail, send in my signature form to formally accept, and receive confirmation from UT Houston before declining my other offers. That may be a bit neurotic, but hey, this is SDN.What do we do with all the other acceptances we got? Is it safe to decline all the offers if we are 100% about going to UT Houston?

I'm a little late but I just wanted to quickly say congrats to all who received acceptances!! To echo what therunner said, please do not lose hope if you have yet to receive an acceptance. As someone who was not accepted at UTH until June, I can assure you there are many more acceptances to be given.
I understand.. I'm actually really scared about thatPersonally, I'm waiting until I receive my acceptance stuff in the mail, send in my signature form to formally accept, and receive confirmation from UT Houston before declining my other offers. That may be a bit neurotic, but hey, this is SDN.![]()
Did any OOS get an acceptance yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today for Dec 6th.
TMDSAS submitted Aug 7, transmitted Aug 22. MCAT taken Aug 22, released about a month later.
UT Houston sent an email saying the received my application on 10/22
29
3.67 total, 3.79 sci
Good luck everyone
TMDSAS submitted Aug 7, transmitted Aug 22. MCAT taken Aug 22, released about a month later.
UT Houston sent an email saying the received my application on 10/22
29
3.67 total, 3.79 sci
Good luck everyone
Friend told me that UT Houston is still filling interview spots for December, so everyone don't give up crossing those fingers! 😀
I think the fact that so many Texas schools are still filling spots for interviews is what drives us crazy. If they were all full, I wouldn't stress since there's nothing you can really do at that point. But I hate checking my email now since I always hope that it's another invite. Annoying...
D
deleted563735
Yeah, I heard their last invites go out 12/10.Friend told me that UT Houston is still filling interview spots for December, so everyone don't give up crossing those fingers! 😀
Yeah, I heard their last invites go out 12/10.
I checked the 2012-2013 thread. The last interview invite reported on SDN was given on 12/19
D
deleted563735
Yeah, I don't know for sure. It's just what a friend who is there told me.I checked the 2012-2013 thread. The last interview invite reported on SDN was given on 12/19
.
Last edited:
I haven't, but I read on their twitter feed as of last week that they are still working on sending out the acceptance packets for those of us who prematched. I'm hoping that means we'll get them in the mail this week.anyone got the prematch offer in the mail yet?
I hope so lolI haven't, but I read on their twitter feed as of last week that they are still working on sending out the acceptance packets for those of us who prematched. I'm hoping that means we'll get them in the mail this week.
Will there be another round of prematch acceptances for those who interviewed on November 15th and later or do we have to wait until match day? Thanks!
thanks for the update!Just so y'all know, I called the admissions office and asked about the acceptance packets. The person I spoke to said that those of us who prematched should be getting our packets in the mail late this week or early next week.
Has Anyone else received any interviews since they posted (on twitter) that they are sending out more invites?
I didn't even know med schools had a twitter. I just checked - it looks like they posted it a week ago, but I don't think anyone on SDN has said anything about any invites recently (November 9th was the last time someone on this thread got an interview invite)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today for Dec 6th.
TMDSAS submitted Aug 7, transmitted Aug 22. MCAT taken Aug 22, released about a month later.
UT Houston sent an email saying the received my application on 10/22
29
3.67 total, 3.79 sci
Good luck everyone
I didn't even know med schools had a twitter. I just checked - it looks like they posted it a week ago, but I don't think anyone on SDN has said anything about any invites recently (November 9th was the last time someone on this thread got an interview invite)
I got my II on the 26th. There is still hope.
Did anybody get an acceptance that interviewed November 8 or later?
yesDid anybody get an acceptance that interviewed November 8 or later?
^ Can you elaborate HCT? Did you pre-match IS on the 15th, or are you OOS? Congrats either way!!
Fingers crossed for more pre-matches (this is my top choice) though I know they don't give many! 🙂
Fingers crossed for more pre-matches (this is my top choice) though I know they don't give many! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
congrats. you're cleaning up!