2014-2015 Harvard Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I vote comedy gifs while we wait.
tumblr_inline_n351arTfy01sratm4.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we don't hear anything in the next hour, definitely not today. Hopefully tomorrow, my stomach is in knots.
 
Did you call NP or HST? I think Zara (from HST) might be more transparent about a date.
I called the office number listed on the website. I didn't mention NP or HST, and the person I spoke with didn't specify.

I didn't apply HST, so perhaps someone who knows whom to contact there can reach out.

(Edit: who -> whom, had to look it up)
 
Last edited:
I'm calm because I don't actually think I have a chance of getting in. Still can't believe I got an interview.

You got an interview cuz you're awesome!!!! You are just as worthy as any other interviewee (This is what I tell myself)! But, if it helps you keep your cool, do you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wasn't anxious until I got onto this thread. But like soccerusa said, this thread is doing much better than the Duke thread.
Lol I didn't even apply to duke and went over to check out what the nervousness was all about, it looks unnecessarily stressful, hang in there you guys!
Also, really thought today was going to be the day, couldn't sleep well last night and had 2 separate dreams in which I got rejected.. Aaaaaah this is nerve-wracking
 
agJIP.gif

Sorry couldn't resist posting 😛.

Edit: Jokes asides, it's great that you guys are posting these GIFs and words of encouragement to keeping a light atmosphere. I remember just how much tension I felt those few days leading up to the admission date, and that it's important to remember that you guys are all amazing students to have made it so far, and that wherever you end up going you will all do amazing and be very successful. Medicine is a long but highly rewarding path.
 
Last edited:
Good luck to everyone when the business day of reckoning comes!

At the first word, there will be an inevitable swirl of confusion as those of us still waiting in silence try to parse our chances. I recommend we all be as specific as possible about the information we receive, just to pre-empt a few of the frantic questions. So, when you hear, please post which program(s) you applied to, the decisions for each, and what time your email came.

But who am I kidding, everybody who gets in will have their minds melting down! And the rest of us can just wait. On a more important subject, I'd like to re-up this nice post from @TheKDizzle from this moment one year ago.
I just want to take this minute to remind everyone that the limiting factor in the admissions process at most schools, Harvard included, is the number of seats available, not the talent in the applicant pool. Each and every one of you is incredibly talented and capable of just about anything. Whether you get in or not at one particular school does not change that AT ALL. Harvard could fill its class over again with qualified people who would succeed and do great here.

It is hard not to take these things personally with the amount of work and effort we all have put into our medical school goals, but medical school decisions are NOT reflective of our qualities, abilities, or "worthiness". Those are things that are demonstrated with dedication over long periods of time, and you have all already done so. Tomorrow doesn't change that. We would be lucky to have you guys join us!

Sorry if I'm rambling, but I think it's important to set aside a moment and reflect on the possible outcomes and how you will internalize them before they occur.
 
So are we all betting on tomorrow being the day? Went digging through the past threads out of anxiety and checked release dates...

2014: 3/4 (1st Tuesday)
2013: 3/4 (1st Monday)
2012: 3/5 (1st Monday)
2011: 3/3 (1st Thursday)
2010: 3/15 (3rd Monday)
2009: 3/16 (3rd Monday)

Also seems like MSTP decisions come out in the 1st wave, then HST, and last NP-only
 
So are we all betting on tomorrow being the day? Went digging through the past threads out of anxiety and checked release dates...

2014: 3/4 (1st Tuesday)
2013: 3/4 (1st Monday)
2012: 3/5 (1st Monday)
2011: 3/3 (1st Thursday)
2010: 3/15 (3rd Monday)
2009: 3/16 (3rd Monday)

Also seems like MSTP decisions come out in the 1st wave, then HST, and last NP-only
Seems like tomorrow
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad