2014-2015 Harvard Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ha ha, we've gotten off to a perfect start. A vague, hesitant report, and then the user vanishes.

Anyway, it's been fun waiting with you all.

tumblr_nezshmpscp1s6w6foo1_500.gif


Edit: Even better, she/he returns below...and is somewhat less vague!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not to be creepy, but looking through some of @yououous past posts they look legit

Agreed. I think MSTP decisions usually come out in the morning, and then other decisions are released in the afternoon (based on past threads). HST and dual program interviewees will probably hear in the next couple of hours, then NP-only a couple hours after that. Good luck to everyone!
 
I've seen at least one post on FB suggesting that some decisions are out, but nothing I can confirm personally.
 
is the decision time based on which programs you interviewed at or which ones you applied to? (say you applied HST & NP and only got an NP interview, for example)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is the decision time based on which programs you interviewed at or which ones you applied to? (say you applied HST & NP and only got an NP interview, for example)

I'm not an expert, and I don't think we have any data to support either, but I'd believe that it's dependent on the ones you interviewed for.

My logic being that the Harvard Admissions team most likely moves you (the applicant) over from one category bin to another bin (i.e. HST&NP --> NP), and thus will treat you as being a part of that bin for the rest of the cycle.

But, that's just how I would do it...
 
To qualm any anxiety and reduce any neuroticism, we just got official word from the admission committee that decisions for all programs will come out today. They will likely not come all at once - decision notices may continue until the evening. Good luck all! Try not to refresh your E-mails too much...
 
To qualm any anxiety and reduce any neuroticism, we just got official word from the admission committee that decisions for all programs will come out today. They will likely not come all at once - decision notices may continue until the evening. Good luck all! Try not to refresh your E-mails too much...

Do they also send rejections today?
 
I don't know for sure if I'll go if I get in. I liked the school, but I wasn't crazy about it. I guess if need the second look weekend to sell me a little (which is what the students at the pizza dinner told me happened to them).

I don't wanna go just because it's Harvard though...seems like a quick way to get depressed...
 
I don't know for sure if I'll go if I get in. I liked the school, but I wasn't crazy about it. I guess if need the second look weekend to sell me a little (which is what the students at the pizza dinner told me happened to them).

I don't wanna go just because it's Harvard though...seems like a quick way to get depressed...

They definitely don't try to woo you the way some other schools do on interview day. Probably because their retention rate is so ridiculously high as is.
 
I don't know for sure if I'll go if I get in. I liked the school, but I wasn't crazy about it. I guess if need the second look weekend to sell me a little (which is what the students at the pizza dinner told me happened to them).

I don't wanna go just because it's Harvard though...seems like a quick way to get depressed...

Honestly, this is about how I felt, but everywhere I go, people say something like...

"You'll regret it if you don't."

"You'll be doing yourself a disservice if you give up an opportunity like that."

"Think of all the doors it'll open!"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted NP via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1:44pm
Only applied to NP.
 
Last edited: