2014-2015 Oregon Health & Science University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey, for people applying this year -- should I apply for this coming year if I'm not an oregon resident/no ties to oregon? how has everything been for people who have applied?
I would only apply if you meet one of their mission groups. They have them listed on their site, they almost never interview outside of those groups.
 
Have you looked at the previous years excel sheet to see how movement was in June and on?

I've been looking at it through the weeks, and it's all over the place. Plus, this year is different because notification of waitlist happened two weeks earlier this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I am applying to OHSU from CA, and I was wondering if I would be counted as a mission group applicant if I have a 32+ MCAT but a cgpa of only 3.69...I know they ask for a gpa of 3.70. Do you think they are that strict on gpa's?
 
Last edited:
How was it? They call you, correct?
It wasn't too useful for me, but the woman I spoke with was very nice-- it is so refreshing to have any feedback at all, as a way to know what they think of us and to know for sure that this whole process is just such a game of luck too!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad