2014-2015 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if you are under review, does that mean you are complete?

Members don't see this ad.

II a few hours ago as well. Anyone having trouble using their interview scheduling website page... my calendar is showing up blank.

Reactions: 1 user
II a few hours ago as well. Anyone having trouble using their interview scheduling website page... my calendar is showing up blank.

Congrats!! :) Can you please share when you were complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. I called and was told it was a browser issue, but could schedule via phone if necessary. I think they just haven't added the dates to the calendar yet. Congrats!

Last edited:
Oh man! Congrats to those with IIs! Hoping my app wasn't passed over (late July secondary submission) :confused:

Congrats to all that have received IIs so far! :) I submitted around 8/15 so crossing my fingers I hear something soon :rolleyes:

Congrats to all that have received IIs so far! :) I submitted around 8/15 so crossing my fingers I hear something soon :rolleyes:

Same boat as you, complete on 8/14. OOS, LM 67-68. Here's hoping we get something soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they have student hosts?

Anyone recommend any good hotels to stay at nearby?

When it transfers you to the pay for secondary site, after you complete the payment it never transfers you back to the app.

On the supplemental tab it says: "THANK YOU, WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION."

But on the materials tab it says: "No supplemental application materials at this time."

And on the Status & Information tab: "VERIFIED -- APPLICATION SCREENING WILL BEGIN AROUND AUGUST 15, 2013..."

I know I read somewhere that if you pay after 5pm on a Thursday your payment will not be processed until Monday (or I guess Tuesday because of Labor Day). Will the status change to secondary complete after they receive my payment? They already have marked that my letters are received. Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: Apparently other people ran into this as well, sorry for the neuroticism.
submitted mine already, but under "Materials" tab, it said, "No supplemental application materials at this time."
Am I the only encountered this?
Thanks!

Stay in Center City and drive up Broad Street or take the Broad Street Line subway up to Temple for interviewing. You don't want to stay near the school/hospital.

Last year when I interviewed I stayed in the Holiday Inn at Penn's Landing. There is a $10 shuttle to the hotel from the airport, a taxi to interview day was ~$15 and approximately 10 minutes from campus. Afterwards, I ran to the Liberty Bell and around the city, seemed pretty safe and there were a few places to grab a bite and a drink afterwards. Highly recommend it. Hopefully I'll be doing the same this year!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone that got an interview invite know how long it took from when your status was updated in the online portal until you got an interview? I checked online early this morning and it says I will be offered an interview but that I can't schedule it until I get the email, which I still haven't gotten yet, and I would love to schedule the interview as soon as possible since I'll already be in the area for a few other interviews

anyone that got an interview invite know how long it took from when your status was updated in the online portal until you got an interview? I checked online early this morning and it says I will be offered an interview but that I can't schedule it until I get the email, which I still haven't gotten yet, and I would love to schedule the interview as soon as possible since I'll already be in the area for a few other interviews
Congrats!! Temple seems awesome. Do you mind sharing your stats and complete date?

Has anyone interviewed yet & knows what kind of questions to expect? My interview is in less than a week and it would be awesome to have a heads up of whats to come

Same here. I called and was told it was a browser issue, but could schedule via phone if necessary. I think they just haven't added the dates to the calendar yet. Congrats!

Things are open in October for me but not in September, so maybe go to next month?

also i had to type my login at least 20 times for it to work and my format is all really really whacked up. is anyone else experiencing this?

So my supplemental application link never had any essays included. There was just a one-page document that I had to mail in with the supplemental fee. Did everyone fill out essays?

So my supplemental application link never had any essays included. There was just a one-page document that I had to mail in with the supplemental fee. Did everyone fill out essays?
Yes there were a few essays:
1- What is the nature of your special interest in Temple University School of Medicine?
2- How do you anticipate contributing to the TUSM community?
3- If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (CrozerChester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest.
4- What are your plans for the current year June 2014 until June 2015?

is there any sort of hold or pass-over status after "Under Review"?

is there any sort of hold or pass-over status after "Under Review"?

I don't know about other people but I didn't have a "holding" period. They processed my app in two weeks

uh sorry for the confusion. I meant from submitting the secondary to interview invite. I had ~20 days between primary submission to secondary app.
Do you mind sharing stats and complete date(or the date you submitted your secondary)?

uh sorry for the confusion. I meant from submitting the secondary to interview invite. I had ~20 days between primary submission to secondary app.
eep! its been ~18 days for me so I'm hoping to hear back soon :)
congratulations!

Same, 16 days for me. But they started reviewing all applications August 15ish so we might have to wait some more.

I've been complete since 8/14, still "under review." Hoping for some love soon!

Do you mind sharing stats and complete date(or the date you submitted your secondary)?

Sure. I submitted secondary on 08/21/14. Lizzy M ~74, 37. I'm worked on wall street for a bit so my ECs are a bit out of date and not exceptional. (but the stats are from my undergrad)

Last edited:
What browser are you guys using for the secondary? I seem to be having trouble with Firefox..

What browser are you guys using for the secondary? I seem to be having trouble with Firefox..

I used chrome, but you need to use incognito window in chrome for it to work.

Had interview today, can't find any problem with the school. People saying neighborhood is bad: y'all need to buck up, Philly is so cool. Nice students, nice staff, solid curriculum, no stupid rules as far as I can tell, public transit is great, I can answer more questions if needed.

Reactions: 5 users
Had interview today, can't find any problem with the school. People saying neighborhood is bad: y'all need to buck up, Philly is so cool. Nice students, nice staff, solid curriculum, no stupid rules as far as I can tell, public transit is great, I can answer more questions if needed.
Were your interviewers pretty chill? Did they ask pretty standard stuff?

Were your interviewers pretty chill? Did they ask pretty standard stuff?
Very standard, very relaxed. Student interview was in common area, so pretty much a conversation. Faculty interview was in his lab, we talked about medicine and whatnot for about 50 minutes. No questions were asked with intention to stump

I was just coming to see if anyone interviewed today. I saw you guys a few times today. I'm glad you liked it. Temple was not my top choices when I first applied but they completely won me over at interview day and I fell in love. I would have been happy with no other acceptances as long as I got in here.

Lord, you guys won't start until I'm gone... *sniffle*.

Reactions: 4 users
I used chrome, but you need to use incognito window in chrome for it to work.

I used Safari

Thanks fellas, just submitted. I felt my essays were a little on the long side (~400 words) but I was able to say all I wanted to say. Pretty happy with this secondary.

Very excited to apply here. Along with VCU, this is my top OOS choice. Glad to hear all the positive feedback from those who interviewed so far. Hoping for an II :xf:

Saw some interviewees around yesterday and today - feels like I was just in your place :) Hope everyone had a good experience. As a MS1 I've only been here 4.5 weeks but I absolutely love Temple, the school is fantastic and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Good luck to you all!

Repeating an earlier post, but does anyone know what the RAR interview is like? Interview next week will be my first!

Does anybody know if Temple is receptive to "in the area" emails? I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm pretty in-line with their median numbers.

Repeating an earlier post, but does anyone know what the RAR interview is like? Interview next week will be my first!
RAR interview is with doctor that runs RAR program, just asks some general background questions if you are a minority. Talks to you about RAR program, really nothing to worry about at all

Does anyone know if Temple is receptive to update letters? Really like this school but not liking my chances :(