2014-2015 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Highly interested in this as well.
Pretty sure I found something because I wrote about it in my secondary essay- let me see what I can dig up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know anything about any of the combined degree programs. Sorry.

In my class, there was an ongoing MRSA study that people were participating in in MS-1 and MS-2, probably beyond. There's stuff between MS-1 and MS-2, but I'm not quite sure what. I personally went on vacation with my husband and dicked around a lot playing video games and reading A Song of Ice and Fire series that summer and it was glorious.

We get a 4-week elective block in MS-3 that can be used for research, as well as do research in MS-4 for a block or more. I'm doing that, along with many of my classmates. I can't give you a more detailed response than that, though.

Reactions: 2 users
About how long were your responses to the essays?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any interviews yet?

Does anybody have any insights how to pick your choices for Temple's different medical campuses? Thanks!

Does anybody have any insights how to pick your choices for Temple's different medical campuses? Thanks!

If you look on the lower right side of the application portal, there are videos that give you more info about each campus. That helped me, in addition to some google searches.

Would it be so bad to just choose Temple Hospital and Affiliates as all of your choices?

Finally submitted.. Hopefully this will be my last secondary..

About how long were your responses to the essays?
Me? Dude, I don't remember at all. I applied 4 years ago. A page, maybe? :)

Just rank all the clinical sites. My husband had just started a new job and I still listed them all because that's what they told me to do when I asked. You will likely get your first choice if accepted, and you can try to switch later, too. If you want to stay in/around Philly, rank Crozer second. It wasn't even counted as a separate clinical campus for my class, just part of the main campus and affiliates.

Again, even if you are a main campus person you can still be sent to the other sites for one or more rotations during third year.

Oh, and I was complete at least by this point when I applied, probably even late July or earlier in August, and it was radio silence until the very end of September, when I finally got an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I submitted the application, but there was no link to pay the fee. It says that my app is complete. Has anyone else had this issue?

Lol I was posing the question to fellow 2015 applicants, but I appreciate your response :)
Your reply was directly after mine so I wasn't sure. I'll happily answer as many questions as I can about TUSM but the secondary is too far back to me and they all kind of blur together. :)

Just got invited to interview!! So pumped! First one for me

Reactions: 16 users
Just got an II! My AMCAS was verified in early June and my secondary was submitted as soon as it came out but I wasn't complete until my letters were uploaded at the end of July. IS applicant, LizzyM ~76. Very happy to have the chance to interview here :)

Reactions: 3 users
II today as well!! LizzyM 73, complete 7/29. So Excited!

Wooh, II as well! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I was really looking forward for an II from this school.... shucks :(

Are interviews really only available on those two days??

Just want to double check...my app says--

Explanation for: Verified -- Application Screening will begin around August 15, 2013 at which time completed applications will be placed under review.
Your application is under review with our office.

But my committee letter isn't in yet. It's not actually under review yet, right? This is just some kind of glitch?

But my committee letter isn't in yet. It's not actually under review yet, right? This is just some kind of glitch?
Nope it'll say "Under Review" for status if you are.

I was really looking forward for an II from this school.... shucks :(
Like I said above, I was completely for over 2 months before I got a Temple II. I was complete by late July and got the II on 10/1. I interviewed 10/26 and was accepted about a month after that. Don't sweat it.

Like I said above, I was completely for over 2 months before I got a Temple II. I was complete by late July and got the II on 10/1. I interviewed 10/26 and was accepted about a month after that. Don't sweat it.

This makes my night a bit better :) Thanks!

I can't believe they only give you 2-3 weeks max heads up before the date the interview would be on...

Submitted Secondary last night. So thankful for the lag. I was able to catch a typo during it.

This doesn't sound that uncommon. They usually book 2-4 weeks out, no?

Yes, for other schools this is true, but to have the only available interview dates being 2-3 weeks away sucks lol

I just got an email saying there was a change to my scheduled interview time, normally it was 9:30am but I see now that there is a "RAR" interview at 9:00am, anyone else too? This makes 3 interviews in the day?

II on Monday morning :happy: OOS LizzyM 64
I also have a RAR interview that was listed in the itinerary so yessaaa, 3 interviews. So grateful/excited.

I just got an email saying there was a change to my scheduled interview time, normally it was 9:30am but I see now that there is a "RAR" interview at 9:00am, anyone else too? This makes 3 interviews in the day?

Are you URM or economically disadvantaged? RAR is an organization for minority retention.

letters indicated as received, but status not yet changed to 'complete' (from 'verified')

hmm how long does that usuallyt ake?

II!...but cant go to either of the two dates they gave me.. now what..

II!...but cant go to either of the two dates they gave me.. now what..

I called them about this and they said that their director of admissions is on vacation this week and she'll be back next week to add more dates.

I called them about this and they said that their director of admissions is on vacation this week and she'll be back next week to add more dates.
THANK YOU!

Does anyone know anything about completing more than two prerequisite courses at the community college? What happen if you finished more than two at a community college?

Last edited:
So I submitted the application, but there was no link to pay the fee. It says that my app is complete. Has anyone else had this issue?

I experienced that same problem just now after submitting the supplemental... did you figure out the issue yet? If not I guess I'll call tomorrow to ask... Can't believe I'm going out of my way to pay money -_-

I experienced that same problem just now after submitting the supplemental... did you figure out the issue yet? If not I guess I'll call tomorrow to ask... Can't believe I'm going out of my way to pay money -_-

Yes, I was able to figure out the issue. It turns out I did not in fact pay the fee. Temple emailed me 2 or 3 days later. This what it said:

"A query of our records showed that after certifying and submitting your supplemental application to Temple University School of Medicine, you selected the “Pay Here QuikPay” button to pay the $75 supplemental application fee. Please verify if the payment was deducted from your account. Your supplemental application fee payment was not listed on our report from QuikPay and we believe that there was an error while you were attempting to pay the $75. We have reset the payment function in TempleMedOnline and you can now log back in and submit the $75 supplemental application fee, if necessary."

So it looks like they will need to reset the payment function on your application. You could either call or just wait and they will most likely solve the issue in a few days! Hope this helps and good luck!

Yes, I was able to figure out the issue. It turns out I did not in fact pay the fee. Temple emailed me 2 or 3 days later. This what it said:

"A query of our records showed that after certifying and submitting your supplemental application to Temple University School of Medicine, you selected the “Pay Here QuikPay” button to pay the $75 supplemental application fee. Please verify if the payment was deducted from your account. Your supplemental application fee payment was not listed on our report from QuikPay and we believe that there was an error while you were attempting to pay the $75. We have reset the payment function in TempleMedOnline and you can now log back in and submit the $75 supplemental application fee, if necessary."

So it looks like they will need to reset the payment function on your application. You could either call or just wait and they will most likely solve the issue in a few days! Hope this helps and good luck!

Awesome, I'll call them about it today, already sat on this app for almost a month, thanks for the quick reply!

II this afternoon! First one for me! So excited! :woot:

Submitted 8/12, not sure when I was complete.