-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Cincinnati Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
try again, just started working for me.. but i submitted earlier today too so idk if that's still workinghas anyone been able to submit tonight? i can't even get the website to open...
Anyone still having issues? It's still not working for me, even with the aforementioned method 🙁 There goes my streak of getting all secondaries in on the day I receive them... sigh.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted a few hours ago
For the traffic violation question, do you have to include offenses that happened when you were a minor and your record has since been sealed?
I did just to be thorough... I bet they find humor in reading a bunch of premeds' explanations for traffic violations.
Apparently bears aren't supposed to operate motor vehicles. Who knew?
I did just to be thorough... I bet they find humor in reading a bunch of premeds' explanations for traffic violations.
Apparently bears aren't supposed to operate motor vehicles. Who knew?
I had to explain away a biking ticket lol. called them and they said explain that
" On a particularly hot summer afternoon at the tender age of 8, I was on my way to the local convenience store to purchase SpongeBob Squarepants Popsicles. My excitement led me to go over the bicycle speed limit and I was pulled over. I have since learned from this mistake and now ride my bicycle 5 miles per hour below the speed limit."
Last edited:
" On a particularly hot summer afternoon at the tender age of 8, I was on my way to the local convenience store to purchase SpongeBob Squarepants Popsicles. My excitement led me to go over the bicycle speed limit and I was pulled over. I have since learned from this mistake and now ride my bicycle 5 miles per hour below the speed limit."
I have also since learned the importance of "hands free" driving. I have never again enjoyed a popsicle while riding my bike.
Anyone have trouble actually submitting? I get all the way to payment info and when I hit submit, it says that an error was generated. Don't want to repeatedly enter my CC info and risk it getting charged again either.
how did you even manage to login when half the website is down and busted? it isnt even working for me.
how did you even manage to login when half the website is down and busted? it isnt even working for me.
Interesting, I received my secondary here ~9am and successfully submitted by ~1030am with no issues. seems like its hit or miss for everyone
Like most people here I can't access the secondary either and I've been trying all day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ho
howd you get in? Help please!I managed to figure out a way to submit my application. btw I love how the fee was only $25, most reasonably priced secondary ever.
Ho
howd you get in? Help please!
It's a really weird solution that I found out by messing around on the website (i'm a nerd like that 😛):
1) Go to the email you received from Cincinnati and save the original password they gave you and your username.
2) go to http://MedOneStop.uc.edu
3) click need help
4) click change password
5) paste the password they gave you into old password and choose a new password.
6) go back to the site in step 2 and login in with your new password.
I'm a gunner. no.
JK go here https://login.uc.edu/idp/Authn/UserPassword
I had to make a new password though
+1 to this. Go to secondary login, try to login, fail, click help, click change password, set new password (use the password they emailed you as the old password), then you should be able to log in.
Or atleast it worked for me.
What I had to do was change my password through the http://MedOneStop.uc.edu link instead of the one in their directions. It worked for me after this.
Ho
howd you get in? Help please!
It's a really weird solution that I found out by messing around on the website (i'm a nerd like that 😛):
1) Go to the email you received from Cincinnati and save the original password they gave you and your username.
2) go to http://MedOneStop.uc.edu
3) click need help
4) click change password
5) paste the password they gave you into old password and choose a new password.
6) go back to the site in step 2 and login in with your new password.
does everyone understand how to work around the technical difficulty now?
Best secondary ever!!!
I had technical troubles earlier this week, but they seem to be fixed!
Best of luck y'all
I had technical troubles earlier this week, but they seem to be fixed!
Best of luck y'all
Just submitted my UC secondary. Everything seemed to go fine using the directions from their email, so maybe the tech issues have been figured out.
When I check my status it shows my letters are received, but still says 'Application Incomplete' at the top - is anyone else getting the same thing? I figure it's because I just submitted and takes time to process but want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
When I check my status it shows my letters are received, but still says 'Application Incomplete' at the top - is anyone else getting the same thing? I figure it's because I just submitted and takes time to process but want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
I have not received a secondary application from UC. Does anyone know how they are sending them out? My AMCAS application was verified and sent out a few weeks ago.
Last edited:
I can't login or reset my password; I get an error whenever I try to do so. I'm guessing I should just call their help desk at this point?does everyone understand how to work around the technical difficulty now?
Received secondary today! Primary still isn't verified.
Same! I thought it was really strange...does anyone know how some schools send secondaries without the primary being verified? Have they even looked at the primary yet or did they just send out secondaries to all applicants regardless of their primary?
I'm applying from OOS and when I got to the traffic violation question I was trying to remember the details of the one speeding ticket I've gotten. I got it while driving from Chicago to Philadelphia (~12 hour drive) but I couldn't remember which state I got it in. I doubled checked, and of course... I got it while passing through Ohio 

I'm applying from OOS and when I got to the traffic violation question I was trying to remember the details of the one speeding ticket I've gotten. I got it while driving from Chicago to Philadelphia (~12 hour drive) but I couldn't remember which state I got it in. I doubled checked, and of course... I got it while passing through Ohio![]()
what luck! I'm sorry. The worst part about it is that speeding tickets in Ohio are minor misdemeanors.
did you get an email saying that your application is complete?Application complete! Any idea when they send out interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great! I got a speeding ticket the week after I submitted this secondary! Fml
Great! I got a speeding ticket the week after I submitted this secondary! Fml
lol
No actually I just checked my status on the application website today and it says the application was complete as of yesterday.did you get an email saying that your application is complete?
DAE wonder, "what kind of school did I apply to?" after seeing those questions?
They do participate in the criminal background check, apparently, so be honest.
I know all of us are perfect angels, so this is just a PSA. 🙂
They do participate in the criminal background check, apparently, so be honest.
I know all of us are perfect angels, so this is just a PSA. 🙂
Dang. I wish I had a sweet story like that. Unfortunately it is more like driving late at night and wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going because there was no one on the road. Well...except for that cop I didn't see. *Sigh*
Funny story, I got my only speeding ticket on the way to drop my luggage bag full of medicine for underprivileged foreign kids off on campus for the Medical Brigade I was going on the next week. The cop didn't see it as "live-saving" work and still gave me a ticket. I'm still bitter.
Applying as OOS.
Funny story, I got my only speeding ticket on the way to drop my luggage bag full of medicine for underprivileged foreign kids off on campus for the Medical Brigade I was going on the next week. The cop didn't see it as "live-saving" work and still gave me a ticket. I'm still bitter.
reminds me of this
I am an M4 and will try answer any questions about UCCOM or Cincinnati as they come up on this thread. I cannot answer much on the standard application process but am happy to discuss curriculum, becoming instate for tuition purposes, places to live, etc. Feel free to PM me me as well.
Love this school and secondary was cake.
So I got a ticket for public urination like 2-3 years ago. I was a party and it was at a school in Ohio. The police officer at the time said that it would be off my record in about 6 months. Should i disclose this?? It was technically listed as a minor misdemeanor. For what it's worth, i am an Ohio resident.
Edit: I did not go to court. I just paid the fine via mail.
Edit #2: Also, I've gone through multiple background checks for work/volunteering and nothing has come up.
Edit: I did not go to court. I just paid the fine via mail.
Edit #2: Also, I've gone through multiple background checks for work/volunteering and nothing has come up.
So I got a ticket for public urination like 2-3 years ago. I was a party and it was at a school in Ohio. The police officer at the time said that it would be off my record in about 6 months. Should i disclose this?? It was technically listed as a minor misdemeanor. For what it's worth, i am an Ohio resident.
Edit: I did not go to court. I just paid the fine via mail.
Edit #2: Also, I've gone through multiple background checks for work/volunteering and nothing has come up.
I would say that is not in the category of things they would hold against you. They are asking to see if there is anything that would prevent you from getting your medical license in Ohio. I would definitely disclose if there is ANY way that it would possibly come up on any background check. They want expunged records and everything. The background checks are far more thorough than ones that employers and hospitals have access to.
I would say that is not in the category of things they would hold against you. They are asking to see if there is anything that would prevent you from getting your medical license in Ohio. I would definitely disclose if there is ANY way that it would possibly come up on any background check. They want expunged records and everything. The background checks are far more thorough than ones that employers and hospitals have access to.
Do you think this is something I should disclose to every school? Or maybe wait, and if they bring it up to me, sorta be like, "oops, totally forgot about that...?"
Also, how exactly could i go about running a background check on myself to see if this stuff will come up?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think this is something I should disclose to every school? Or maybe wait, and if they bring it up to me, sorta be like, "oops, totally forgot about that...?"
Also, how exactly could i go about running a background check on myself to see if this stuff will come up?
It is better to be safe than sorry I think. I include something from my juvenile record whenever the question is asked just to be on the safe side because if somehow it does come out then it is grounds to have your acceptance revoked and then black listed at all medical schools, and they probably won't accept the "oops" excuse even if legitimate. If you explain how you have matured and learned from the mistake without making a big deal out of it I doubt they will either. You can pay to run your background check through the AMCAS service. They recently sent an email about it.
It is better to be safe than sorry I think. I include something from my juvenile record whenever the question is asked just to be on the safe side because if somehow it does come out then it is grounds to have your acceptance revoked and then black listed at all medical schools, and they probably won't accept the "oops" excuse even if legitimate. If you explain how you have matured and learned from the mistake without making a big deal out of it I doubt they will either. You can pay to run your background check through the AMCAS service. They recently sent an email about it.
Will the Certiphi background check that was in the email be the same one that the schools use? So basically, whatever I see on there (if i order one), is what they'll see?
Thanks for all the help BTW.
Edit: Nevermind... The security check costs $150 dollars. I don't think i'm gonna do that.
Last edited:
Will the Certiphi background check that was in the email be the same one that the schools use? So basically, whatever I see on there (if i order one), is what they'll see?
Thanks for all the help BTW.
Edit: Nevermind... The security check costs $150 dollars. I don't think i'm gonna do that.
It would show what the schools will see, but I am under the understanding that the background checks for medical licensing boards have access to more information. Medical schools have revoked degrees and such if any misinformation comes out of the woodwork. And yes, the check is expensive! So is getting your driving record from the DMV and it only goes back three years 🙁 so I just disclose everything to be on the safe side. It sucks because you have no idea how they will perceive it, but the risks of hiding it are far far greater. Remember that the adcoms are people and probably have made plenty of mistakes themselves.
It would show what the schools will see, but I am under the understanding that the background checks for medical licensing boards have access to more information. Medical schools have revoked degrees and such if any misinformation comes out of the woodwork. And yes, the check is expensive! So is getting your driving record from the DMV and it only goes back three years 🙁 so I just disclose everything to be on the safe side. It sucks because you have no idea how they will perceive it, but the risks of hiding it are far far greater. Remember that the adcoms are people and probably have made plenty of mistakes themselves.
Yeah... The thing is I didn't get arrested or anything. Just got a ticket and paid the fine... Oh well. I'll probably make a thread on pre allo and see if any adcoms speak up. Thanks again and good luck!
Yeah... The thing is I didn't get arrested or anything. Just got a ticket and paid the fine... Oh well. I'll probably make a thread on pre allo and see if any adcoms speak up. Thanks again and good luck!
No problem, and you too!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K