You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Harvard Medical School Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just kidding, 11:21 rejection
Andddd rejected
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dnrs, what time was your email sent?
9:35 EST
Just got it. Rejected.
rejected just now. at least the axe came quickly
No II or rejection so far... I think I still have a chance 😛
Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
Rejected. Now I really get to leave Boston, yay!
Accepted to Pathways, rejected HST!
Rejected NP! 11:16am
Congrats everyone, I'm sure everyone here will become amazing doctors 🙂
Congrats everyone, I'm sure everyone here will become amazing doctors 🙂
Rejection letter for both HST and NP at 11:22am EST. Not too damaged cuz I got into another top 10 MS. I'm also not too surprised to get rejected from Harvard as I didn't bother to take the pre-req stats course (For those who apply in the future, do fulfill Hardard's stats pre-req). Finally, congrats to those who got in! And I am sure those who didn't get accepted to Harvard will have other choices soon🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected this morning, just happy to have had an interview!
+1 exact feelingRejected this morning, just happy to have had an interview!
Rejected, and not super surprised. I didn't feel very confident in the interview.
Reeeeejected 😳 it's been fun, Harvard. Congrats to those accepted and see you guys during residency!
rejected, and my cycle is finally done! Best of luck to all
D
deleted743871
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the email... Add one more to HMS's rejectamentaNo II or rejection so far... I think I still have a chance 😛
Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
At least I can still tell my grandkids I applied to Harvard Medical School and no one can take that away from me! 😛
Congrats to the accepted rockstars.
Peace y'all.
Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
"Although you may be disappointed, my personal wish for you is that you find fulfillment studying medicine at another fine medical school. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to work with you in the future as a resident or fellow."
"Although you may be disappointed, my personal wish for you is that you find fulfillment studying medicine at another fine medical school. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to work with you in the future as a resident or fellow."
![]()
holy **** this made my week. LOL
Got rejected as well. Good luck everyone else
Bad news here too. Best of luck to everyone else who got in. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe I would have considered giving up a full scholarship at another great school had I gotten in to Harvard. I am quite certain that everyone who interviewed at Harvard will be starting Med school in a top 20 institution this summer.
So congrats to all of us for just making it in somewhere. I look forward to working with you all someday, whoever you may be 🙂
So congrats to all of us for just making it in somewhere. I look forward to working with you all someday, whoever you may be 🙂
Exact same thoughts here. Best of luck.Bad news here too. Best of luck to everyone else who got in. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe I would have considered giving up a full scholarship at another great school had I gotten in to Harvard. I am quite certain that everyone who interviewed at Harvard will be starting Med school in a top 20 institution this summer.
So congrats to all of us for just making it in somewhere. I look forward to working with you all someday, whoever you may be 🙂
me too lol! I figure its cause they liked us so much they decided to skip the interview part. I think we're accepted 🤣So, no II and no rejection yet... Lol, what's going on?
Rejected pre-interview.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, no II and no rejection yet... Lol, what's going on?
Relax fellas, it's an obvious glitch in the system, the same glitch that sent me a pre-II rejection earlier today.me too lol! I figure its cause they liked us so much they decided to skip the interview part. I think we're accepted 🤣
But I'm a pretty forgiving person so I'll try not to let this affect my decision to matriculate.
See y'all at white coat ceremony!
Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
Last edited:
Ugh; the worst part was coming so damn close. I had my best interviews at HMS, and during one of them, the interviewer held up my paper application to look at it more closely, inadvertently revealing the comments written on it by the other reviewers. I won't say exactly what was written, but I'll just tell you it got my hopes up. It got my hopes way, way, waaaaaay up...
Totally feel you. HMS was definitely my best interview too and my interviewer even told me at the end, "I think you're really going to love it here next year..." which definitely got my hopes up hahaUgh; the worst part was coming so damn close. I had my best interviews at HMS, and during one of them, the interviewer held up my paper application to look at it more closely, inadvertently revealing the comments written on it by the other reviewers. I won't say exactly what was written, but I'll just tell you it got my hopes up. It got my hopes way, way, waaaaaay up...
Yeahhh I've accepted that this process is sort of random but not sure if that makes me feel better or worse haha regardless, a huge congratulations on your acceptance! 🙂I thought I bombed my interviews... This process is so random.
Yeahhh I've accepted that this process is sort of random but not sure if that makes me feel better or worse haha regardless, a huge congratulations on your acceptance! 🙂
Thank you! You will do great regardless of where you choose to go.
My interviewer also told me that "she looked forward to seeing me at HMS next year..."Totally feel you. HMS was definitely my best interview too and my interviewer even told me at the end, "I think you're really going to love it here next year..." which definitely got my hopes up haha
Gave me a strong sense of false hope..
I hope interviewers realize how significant statements like this are to us dreamers.
Oh well, lucky to have some other fabulous options...
Good luck to everyone in making their decisions!
They are such teasersMy interviewer also told me that "she looked forward to seeing me at HMS next year..."
Gave me a strong sense of false hope..
I hope interviewers realize how significant statements like this are to us dreamers.
Oh well, lucky to have some other fabulous options...
Good luck to everyone in making their decisions!

I think that some interviewers may slightly overestimate the importance of interviews. They matter, but sometimes schools are looking to fill very specific niches... now being on the other side (as an interviewer for my undergrad college), I see how you could love an applicant but still not be able to get them in for whatever reason. It's such an arbitrary process!My interviewer also told me that "she looked forward to seeing me at HMS next year..."
Gave me a strong sense of false hope..
I hope interviewers realize how significant statements like this are to us dreamers.
Oh well, lucky to have some other fabulous options...
Good luck to everyone in making their decisions!
Ugh; the worst part was coming so damn close. I had my best interviews at HMS, and during one of them, the interviewer held up my paper application to look at it more closely, inadvertently revealing the comments written on it by the other reviewers. I won't say exactly what was written, but I'll just tell you it got my hopes up. It got my hopes way, way, waaaaaay up...
Totally feel you. HMS was definitely my best interview too and my interviewer even told me at the end, "I think you're really going to love it here next year..." which definitely got my hopes up haha
My interviewer also told me that "she looked forward to seeing me at HMS next year..."
Gave me a strong sense of false hope..
I hope interviewers realize how significant statements like this are to us dreamers.
Oh well, lucky to have some other fabulous options...
Good luck to everyone in making their decisions!
I didn't interview at Harvard, I'm just reading this thread to distract me from some other schools that are supposed to be releasing decisions soon haha. But I am a reapplicant, and I had a couple of interviewers last year straight up tell me that I would get in/not to worry about the admissions decision. This year, I interviewed at my top choice school. At the end of the interview, the interviewer looked at his notes for a minute and then said "You should get in", complimented my application (essays, LORs, etc.), and then said "You should get in" again. I know it probably doesn't mean anything, and I know that my chances of getting in are slim to none since I am a major underdog for that school, but it's really hard not to be really hopeful after hearing that from my interviewer.
Anyways, congrats on making it this far, and I wish you the best at the other awesome schools that you guys have been accepted to.
Last edited:
I have to imagine that the interview at HMS is not very important in the process. Going based on what I've heard:
Many current students during my visit and some current accepted students on sdn saying they had bad interviews.
Several rejected / WL applicants saying they felt good about their interview and receiving generous compliments/praise.
The process of how a large committee votes on you (including many students) and the steps leading to that last vote.
It just seems like unless you have a very bad interview, it doesn't matter much. There is at least definitely a contrast between HMS and other schools (i.e. Stanford) where if you don't have a good interview, you wont get in.
Many current students during my visit and some current accepted students on sdn saying they had bad interviews.
Several rejected / WL applicants saying they felt good about their interview and receiving generous compliments/praise.
The process of how a large committee votes on you (including many students) and the steps leading to that last vote.
It just seems like unless you have a very bad interview, it doesn't matter much. There is at least definitely a contrast between HMS and other schools (i.e. Stanford) where if you don't have a good interview, you wont get in.
This scares me, because it means you can have really amazing interviews and still be rejected. Moreover, the school at which I had my absolute best interviews (Yale) is my current top choice, and it releases decisions next week. I'm really anxious now.Totally feel you. HMS was definitely my best interview too and my interviewer even told me at the end, "I think you're really going to love it here next year..." which definitely got my hopes up haha
...Sorry for derailing the thread.
Literally the exact same problem.... Yale + PennThis scares me, because it means you can have really amazing interviews and still be rejected. Moreover, the school at which I had my absolute best interviews (Yale) is my current top choice, and it releases decisions next week. I'm really anxious now.
...Sorry for derailing the thread.
Last edited:
It's hard to say that they are not important. For what it's worth, I thought my interviews at Harvard went really well, and two of my interviewers said things like, "I think you'd do great here, you should come." I just think the interview is one piece to the puzzle -- important, yes, but not the only factor that comes into play.I have to imagine that the interview at HMS is not very important in the process. Going based on what I've heard:
Many current students during my visit and some current accepted students on sdn saying they had bad interviews.
Several rejected / WL applicants saying they felt good about their interview and receiving generous compliments/praise.
The process of how a large committee votes on you (including many students) and the steps leading to that last vote.
It just seems like unless you have a very bad interview, it doesn't matter much. There is at least definitely a contrast between HMS and other schools (i.e. Stanford) where if you don't have a good interview, you wont get in.
I think that the larger factor here is that interviewees often don't accurately judge how they do in an interview. Interviewers are trained in poker face, and may lead you to think you did better or worse than you did. Some interviewers won't let on that a candidate is doing poorly, while others won't let on that a candidate is doing well. Thus from the interviewees' side it is really hard to gauge performance!
Good luck to all with Yale and Penn (and others if there are any)! I'm sure you'll kill it 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted393595
Alrighty kiddos, after reading all the stuff on this thread, I've decided it's time for Uncle Capone's tough talk:
You've got people going to Hah-vadh. You've got people going to Top 10 schools. You've got people going to schools you've never heard of.
Guess what? None of this matters. Plenty of kids at Harvard are going to waste every opportunity given to them over those 4 years, and they're going to fade away into nothingness. I mean, how many Elon Musks and Karl Deisseroths has NP/Pathways and HST created?
On the other hand, there are going to be kids at schools like UTMB who are going to work their tails off, and make a name for themselves.
Case and point? It's a marathon, not a sprint. And you don't need Harvard or Yale or WashU to reach your full potential. Keep your head up, and in the words of a prominent former governor of Alaska, "Don't retreat. Reload. Fire."
You've got people going to Hah-vadh. You've got people going to Top 10 schools. You've got people going to schools you've never heard of.
Guess what? None of this matters. Plenty of kids at Harvard are going to waste every opportunity given to them over those 4 years, and they're going to fade away into nothingness. I mean, how many Elon Musks and Karl Deisseroths has NP/Pathways and HST created?
On the other hand, there are going to be kids at schools like UTMB who are going to work their tails off, and make a name for themselves.
Case and point? It's a marathon, not a sprint. And you don't need Harvard or Yale or WashU to reach your full potential. Keep your head up, and in the words of a prominent former governor of Alaska, "Don't retreat. Reload. Fire."
Karl Deisseroth the Harvard undergrad and Stanford MD/PhD?Alrighty kiddos, after reading all the stuff on this thread, I've decided it's time for Uncle Capone's tough talk:
You've got people going to Hah-vadh. You've got people going to Top 10 schools. You've got people going to schools you've never heard of.
Guess what? None of this matters. Plenty of kids at Harvard are going to waste every opportunity given to them over those 4 years, and they're going to fade away into nothingness. I mean, how many Elon Musks and Karl Deisseroths has NP/Pathways and HST created?
On the other hand, there are going to be kids at schools like UTMB who are going to work their tails off, and make a name for themselves.
Case and point? It's a marathon, not a sprint. And you don't need Harvard or Yale or WashU to reach your full potential. Keep your head up, and in the words of a prominent former governor of Alaska, "Don't retreat. Reload. Fire."
how did they contact you?Finally rejected pre II
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K