Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Alabama Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anybody know of any other acceptances last week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my acceptance email last Thursday! Excited to join you guys in July.
any news?
Someone was accepted on May 11thany news?
I hope so!! Maybe we can inquire about tiers again? Hard to say seeing as the admissions page hasn't been updated since 4/21... and this year seems quite slow/quiet as well...Anyone predicting some movement this week? It's been a while. On two waitlists, don't want to start filling out that AMCAS again...
I just withdrew from all of my WLs. Its official, there's no chance I'm not coming home!
This thread needs one of theses... feel free to copy, paste, and edit.
Accepted
knp0014 ( 5/5)
ChalepaTaKala (5/5)
Alternate List
ALpremed16
eee123
TrueRenegade
LeBronAndDrizzy
UAMD2B
bhampremed
Accepted
knp0014 ( 5/5)
ChalepaTaKala (5/5)
Alternate List
ALpremed16
eee123
TrueRenegade
LeBronAndDrizzy
UAMD2B
bhampremed
Last edited:
Accepted
knp0014 ( 5/5)
ChalepaTaKala (5/5)
Alternate List
ALpremed16
eee123
TrueRenegade
LeBronAndDrizzy
UAMD2B
bhampremed
Charlie0003
knp0014 ( 5/5)
ChalepaTaKala (5/5)
Alternate List
ALpremed16
eee123
TrueRenegade
LeBronAndDrizzy
UAMD2B
bhampremed
Charlie0003
hopefully
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear of anything?
Anyone hear of anything?
Sounds like no news since May 11? From the forum it doesn't seem like last year was like that. When does it begin to look bleak?
Sounds like no news since May 11? From the forum it doesn't seem like last year was like that. When does it begin to look bleak?
The alternate list is moving, I just think that the sample size of the list on sdn is too small to see it. I bet there will still be a few more acceptances before the class starts (people getting off of other wait lists, deferring a year, etc.) With that being said, I'm almost done with my 2017 AMCAS to prepare for the worst. I'm hoping that a sdner will be accepted soon so it can add some positive excitement to this thread!
Last edited:
For those who plan to reapply, what are you working on to strengthen your app? Or are you waiting for feedback from the committee before you start?
Well hands down my biggest drawback I know was submitting my secondary so late (like last day in Nov. late. I received the secondary in July. Yes, I am an idiot lol), therefore I went ahead and submitted the primary and am pre-writing secondaries to make sure that doesn't happen again. My letter committee wont send my letters until they have the feedback and I show that I'm addressing the problems. Ive emailed UAB twice asking for feedback but they have said "wait three more weeks" and "wait just a couple more weeks". Apparently it takes around a month from inquiry to actually receiving the feedback, so my committee will get the feedback (which will likely say "Dont spend 5 months writing secondaries you *****") mid July and transmit the letters mid august. Ironically, the committee waiting for the feedback that will probably say dont be late again will be the only thing delaying my complete app... but UAB doesnt look at reapps til January, so not a huge deal there, but for other schools waiting to receive my complete file, it's rather frustrating.For those who plan to reapply, what are you working on to strengthen your app? Or are you waiting for feedback from the committee before you start?
Well hands down my biggest drawback I know was submitting my secondary so late (like last day in Nov. late. I received the secondary in July. Yes, I am an idiot lol), therefore I went ahead and submitted the primary and am pre-writing secondaries to make sure that doesn't happen again. My letter committee wont send my letters until they have the feedback and I show that I'm addressing the problems. Ive emailed UAB twice asking for feedback but they have said "wait three more weeks" and "wait just a couple more weeks". Apparently it takes around a month from inquiry to actually receiving the feedback, so my committee will get the feedback (which will likely say "Dont spend 5 months writing secondaries you *****") mid July and transmit the letters mid august. Ironically, the committee waiting for the feedback that will probably say dont be late again will be the only thing delaying my complete app... but UAB doesnt look at reapps til January, so not a huge deal there, but for other schools waiting to receive my complete file, it's rather frustrating.
Solid plan, good luck. Good idea on pre-writing secondaries too. Did you change up your PS and/or descriptions on work/activities on AMCAS?
This is kind of weird.. but I've been checking the Class of 2020 facebook page... it shows when people have been added (1 month ago, 2 months ago, yesterday, etc) , so you can kind of predict how fast the alternate list is moving
I totally changed my PS. Started over from scratch. but work and activities hadn't really changed much. I added a few and the ones that I will be doing for the next year, but didn't edit old ones really.Solid plan, good luck. Good idea on pre-writing secondaries too. Did you change up your PS and/or descriptions on work/activities on AMCAS?
Nice! Stats?Was accepted off the waitlist
I amanyone on waitlist at UAB holding an acceptance at south?
.
Are you all waiting to hear accepted or rejected before you submit your 2017 application?
Are you all waiting to hear accepted or rejected before you submit your 2017 application?
Since UAB isn't giving feedback until sometime in early July for those on alternate list, at least until then
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Orientation starts in a month! The final countdown...to see if we get accepted..........
Has anyone on the waitlist sent in a letter of intent? or does anyone know the dean's email address?
any news?
I received feedback a couple of weeks ago and was really disappointed. I was under the impression they would give me specifics about my app. but it seemed very generic.For those who plan to reapply, what are you working on to strengthen your app? Or are you waiting for feedback from the committee before you start?
I have. I got it about a week after requestedHave any of you on the Alternate List requested/received feedback yet?
Are you a first-timer or reapplicant?I have. I got it about a week after requested
I have. I got it about a week after requested
Was it generic too?
It was pretty generic. I'm a first timer. It actually had my MCAT score incorrect because they didn't look at the second one I took? also it was telling me to take biochem, which I already have... so idk...Are you a first-timer or reapplicant?
Losing a little hope here
IDK, so next week is the last week? Has anyone ever heard of people getting in the week before orientation?
Losing a little hope hereIDK, so next week is the last week? Has anyone ever heard of people getting in the week before orientation?
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K