2025-2026 U South Alabama

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
OOS received secondary

A. contact/personal info
B. current employment
C. areas of interest (Although interests may change, what areas of medicine are you primarily interested in at the current time?; 200 characters)
D. previous application
E. Do you have undergraduate research experience (Y/N)
F. Have you participated in the University of South Alabama Early Acceptance Program (EAP)? (Y/N)
G. Out of state applicants (Although our primary obligation is to residents of the State of Alabama, we do consider competitive applicants from neighboring states and applicants with strong ties to the State of Alabama.; 2000 characters)
H. Essay (The learning community at the University of South Alabama Whiddon College of Medicine benefits from the inclusion of students with broad life experiences. The Admissions Committee encourages you to share life experiences that you may have had and/or important factors in your background that illustrate your readiness for practicing medicine in a multicultural society.; 3500 characters)
I. Virtual interview requirements; access to internet/mic/webcam

@wysdoc
 
When did you submit your primary? I'm still waiting on a secondary application I feel like it's been a minute. @mikebaconggod
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PSA about USA. I submitted my primary AMCAS application as a dual degree application and was not processed correctly by the school and I did not receive a secondary. They only have a regular MD option so I had to resubmit my application in order to receive a secondary. Hope this is helpful to anyone else applying!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an acceptance?

Maybe they wanted to get through some more interview days before making any final decisions. 😢
 
Based on prior years SDN threads I think its relatively common for them to place quit a few ppl on hold.
Yeah, that’s what I was just looking at also. Wasn’t a lot of activity in USA’s thread last year. But the year before had a lot of applicants placed on hold initially in November, and then received their decision in the middle of December. Hopefully, that’s the case for us as well.
 
Also on hold after 11/12 interview. Really hoping they just did it for the laughs😅.

I was put on hold last year in late February before getting the R when the waitlist came out in April so hope is running out I’m afraid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Adcom responded to my email, hold applicants are reviewed at each committee hearing and the waitlist isnt set until interviews are completed (mid april). She also said they are interviewing more applicants today so they said it is unlikely they will accept anyone from the hold category yet
Thank you for letting us know what they said!

I was under the impression that the committee meets at the end of interview days, so I wonder why they aren’t reviewing holds today. That’s peculiar.