2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the certiphi email a few days ago!

Reactions: 1 user
II today just as I was running out of hope! complete in July
Thanks so much for sharing this! Also completed in July, starting to lose hope. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, is there anywhere to eat or hang out (like a Starbucks) near the school? Looks like the Septa's gonna get me there about an hour too early!

Hey everyone! I was hoping some of the current medical students or even the students who visited could talk about some of the greatest aspects of Drexel from personal experience.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I completed my secondary back in July and have yet to hear anything.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I completed my secondary back in July and have yet to hear anything.
They have dates at least through Feb, if not March.

my interview is scheduled for late Feb and I got my invite last Friday so yes, there's still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
was put on pre-II hold. Is that a euphemism for a rejection?

Hi everyone I was really hoping you guys could give some advice for the interview. This is my second one and I was waitlisted after my first. I just really am hoping this one goes well. Any advice would be appreciated

The interview day is really relaxed and fun! The ethics essay (written on an iPad) is super simple and easy. My interview was conversational and I was asked just the basic questions (why medicine, why our school, etc). The student interview is over lunch and a great way to find out more about the school! We just chatted about Drexel and ourselves. Only drawback of the day was not really finding out much about the new curriculum.
Good luck!

The interview day is really relaxed and fun! The ethics essay (written on an iPad) is super simple and easy. My interview was conversational and I was asked just the basic questions (why medicine, why our school, etc). The student interview is over lunch and a great way to find out more about the school! We just chatted about Drexel and ourselves. Only drawback of the day was not really finding out much about the new curriculum.
Good luck!

Unfortunately that is the case for most of us. Student interviewers, faculty, etc. Apparently it's coming more together now, though, so there might be more information available soon.

Interviewed 12/1, accepted today via email! LM 69. First MD acceptance, pretty crazy!

Reactions: 13 users
Also accepted today, interviewed 12/1/16! Super excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats on all the acceptances :)
I got put on pre-interview hold (jan 31), but I recently had a dream about getting accepted into Drexel...so keeping my hopes up for an II soon haha

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today!

Lizzy M ~66
Interviewed 12/7

Reactions: 6 users
What exactly does a pre-II hold mean at this point? Pretty much a nice rejection?

Pre-II hold today. Complete 8/24. Pleasantly surprised, since I thought this school would downright reject me because of LizzyM of ~63.

Pre-II hold today. Complete 8/24. Pleasantly surprised, since I thought this school would downright reject me because of LizzyM of ~63.
Same except I was complete July! Hopefully they still have IIs left

Everyone's getting rejections or holds etc, but I still haven't heard a peep. Complete late july.

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if Drexel offers a "Second Look Day"?

Are rejections indicated anywhere in the portal? Or just by snail mail?