2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahhhh congrats! Here's hoping I hear something back today from my 11/22 interview.

Thank you! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email saying my application will be looked at again in the spring. Is this a message a lot of applicants receive or are they seriously considering offering me an interview at a later date? (not looking for opinions, simply asking if anyone has any information about what this generally means at Drexel)
+1

Does any one know how much time Drexel's curriculum allots for Step 1 study time?

Anyone accepted receive an email from certiphi yet for background screening?

About 6 weeks built into the schedule

It's actually 9 weeks this year for the current MS2 class but I think it will be between 7 and 8 weeks for the new curriculum.

Source: current IFM MS2

Reactions: 1 user
It's actually 9 weeks this year for the current MS2 class but I think it will be between 7 and 8 weeks for the new curriculum.

Source: current IFM MS2

My bad lol misinformed MS1 over here

What are people's thoughts on having no in-person lectures? The current students couldn't really comment on how the curriculum will be for next year or about the whole no lecture thing... so just wondering what other people's thoughts are on the subject! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
What are people's thoughts on having no in-person lectures? The current students couldn't really comment on how the curriculum will be for next year or about the whole no lecture thing... so just wondering what other people's thoughts are on the subject! :)
To tell you the truth I was bit underwhelmed when I heard about that during my interview day. But after reflecting on the change for quite a while now and speaking with a lot of my mentors, current med students, and residents, they all seemed super pro that change. It seems like no one in medical school actually attends lectures any ways so it doesn't really change anything. But the new Drexel curriculum still has mandatory biweekly case/PBL so you meet with professors and other students to discuss what you learned and apply it towards actual clinical scenarios. But I guess we won't really know how it goes until they actually implement the changes next year

Has anyone who interviewed 11/10 or later heard anything?
Has anyone waited more than 10 weeks after interview to hear anything?

Was just placed on pre-II hold after being complete in July. Any ideas about my odds of getting reviewed again before interviews fill up?

Does anyone know when we will get access to our email account etc.? Also, does this school do a Second Look day?

Anyone know when they stop sending interview invites?

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my application here. Good luck everybody still in the running.

anyone else complete early september? No rejection, no hold? Really hoping silence is good!

Reactions: 2 users
Complete since August 5th. Silence. I'm starting to think schools don't even like me enough to review me to find out they want to reject me.
Exactly how I feel. Silence from 17 schools that actually do rejections and holds

Has anyone else who interviewed in Oct yet to hear back?

Exactly how I feel. Silence from 17 schools that actually do rejections and holds

ugh, i feel the same way. Out of 14 schools, I've only received two rejections from them. Rest are silent. When were did you submit all your secondaries?

ugh, i feel the same way. Out of 14 schools, I've only received two rejections from them. Rest are silent. When were did you submit all your secondaries?

What's wrong with you two!? I've already been rejected from half of the 24 schools that I applied to. I'd much rather have silence than rejection, even though the waiting does really suck. If you know the school sends rejections and you're still alive, you should be optimistic about it because it means you're competitive. It doesn't guarantee an interview, but it's no easy task to make it this far. Be realistic, but hopeful!

On that note.... I just sent them an update and hope it made it in time to be considered :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

What's wrong with you two!? I've already been rejected from half of the 24 schools that I applied to. I'd much rather have silence than rejection, even though the waiting does really suck. If you know the school sends rejections and you're still alive, you should be optimistic about it because it means you're competitive. It doesn't guarantee an interview, but it's no easy task to make it this far. Be realistic, but hopeful!

On that note.... I just sent them an update and hope it made it in time to be considered :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Haha I needed to hear that! you're right the waiting sucks but the hope is still alive. good luck with your cycle!

Please refrain from pontificating.

Please refrain from pontificating.

Please contain your negativity. The intention behind my post was to provide a more positive outlook on the situation with a bit of playful sass. I'm sorry that rubbed you the wrong way oh righteous one :angelic:

Reactions: 4 users
So, how exactly will this new curriculum work? I've spoken with current MS, and some residents who have also said that this curriculum should be good for the students. Does anyone remember the details of it? Current students care to comment about how it will be compared to the current curriculum? Thanks all, and for those of you waiting-hang in there!

Just received an interview invitation! Complete 10/3. Good luck, everyone! You can do this!

Reactions: 2 users