2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like this was asked earlier, but didn't seem to get a response. Is Temple receptive to ITA e-mails?

Man I love this school so much. If anyone has any questions about the interview day or on the fence if they should attend the interview hit me up and I will convince you how amazing this school appears
Can you give me an idea of what the two interviews are like? My impression is that they're more relaxed/conversational. How did you prepare?

Can you give me an idea of what the two interviews are like? My impression is that they're more relaxed/conversational. How did you prepare?
Review the basic questions. I felt it was def. Conversational but I thought the open file one was a bit harder because my interviewer didn't seem interested at all. So it's the luck of the draw I guess. The 3Rd activity will seem intimidating but just have fun with it, basically just having a convo .

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted!

Interviewed on October 18, recieved an email at 10:39pm saying congratulations.

Best of luck to all applicants!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 9/15 and I havent heard anything from them yet. What is that about?

I also interviewed in mid September and haven't heard anything back either. Kinda thinking this means a waitlist or rejection because I haven't seen them give any of those out post-interview yet. Still crossing my fingers for an acceptance though because I really loved Temple.

ACCEPTED!!! :) Just got the email early this morning ((((:)

Before anyone asks I interviewed last week (I know I'm shocked too)

Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED!!! :) Just got the email early this morning (((:))

Before anyone asks I interviewed last week (I know I'm shocked too)
They must've loved you!!

I interviewed in early october and haven't heard anything
200_s.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Temple is receptive to ITA emails? I'll be in Philly for another interview and would love to interview there too!

Which campus?

They haven't specified yet. This is all I have received, waiting on the snail mail now.

"Congratulations!!!

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we are pleased to welcome you to the Class of 2021 at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University. Your official acceptance letter, which details the conditions for this acceptance, will be sent via email and mailed to your preferred mailing address.

In order to reserve your seat in the class, a $100 tuition deposit is due on November 21st. This deposit will be applied to your tuition and is refundable until April 30th. Log into TUportal and under NEXT STEPS select the tuition deposit link.

Congratulations again and welcome to the Temple family!"

You go to apply online on the top right, and then click view under supplemental items. You can upload the letter there.

I heard somewhere Temple is switching to a Pass/Fail system is this true ? And will it have internal rankings ?

Interviewed on September 22nd and am dying to hear back. Favorite interview so far!

I heard somewhere Temple is switching to a Pass/Fail system is this true ? And will it have internal rankings ?
I feel like this is what they told us during our tour on interview day but I can't remember exactly :thinking:

Interviewed on September 22nd and am dying to hear back. Favorite interview so far!

I feel like this is what they told us during our tour on interview day but I can't remember exactly :thinking:
Hmmm I want to know. I wonder if its P/F does it have internal ranking or a real Pass/Fail.

II yesterday! Lizzy M 73, withdrawing and hoping for one of you to get my spot!

Reactions: 6 users

Yep, it is switching to P/F next year, and they might actually switch it midway through this year between blocks. It's currently H (92% and above)/P/F.

Keep in mind though that when they write your MSPE evaluations, they use a specific adjective (Outstanding, Excellent, very good) based on your class rank, which is based on your percentage grade in each block. 3rd year is worth 50% of calculating your class rank and 25% each for 1st and 2nd year.

Got a letter saying I was added to the continuing candidate list. Anyone else? Weird how it says congratulations and starts off by saying they are pleased to inform me about it. Kinda confusing.

Yep, it is switching to P/F next year, and they might actually switch it midway through this year between blocks. It's currently H (92% and above)/P/F.

Keep in mind though that when they write your MSPE evaluations, they use a specific adjective (Outstanding, Excellent, very good) based on your class rank, which is based on your percentage grade in each block. 3rd year is worth 50% of calculating your class rank and 25% each for 1st and 2nd year.
Thanks for answering my question, so it's not a true pass fail because the school uses internal rankings. .. that's a negative but I still love this school

Got a letter saying I was added to the continuing candidate list. Anyone else? Weird how it says congratulations and starts off by saying they are pleased to inform me about it. Kinda confusing.

When did you interview? I haven't heard anything from Temple and I'm worried my continuing consideration or rejection letter just hasn't been sent yet.

II just now! Complete back in early July. Totally thought it was over!

Edit : OOS, LizzyM 75

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
When did you interview? I haven't heard anything from Temple and I'm worried my continuing consideration or rejection letter just hasn't been sent yet.
Interviewed 9/22 and thought I crushed it. It might just be that your interviewer hasn't presented you at the admissions committee meeting yet. At least that's what I was told. When did you interview?

Did anyone else get a new item listed under Supplemental Items for "LKSOM Photo"? I'm post interview, waiting for a response and just saw it.

Congratulations to those with II! Out of curiosity, where are they at in terms of dates for interviews?

Did anyone else get a new item listed under Supplemental Items for "LKSOM Photo"? I'm post interview, waiting for a response and just saw it.

I'm in the same situation as well. No idea if it means anything or not.

II today, not sure if I'm going to take it or not. For what it's worth, complete late June/early July, 76ish LizzyM. Most dates are Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday in November, only one date extending to December. If they held interviews on Mondays or Fridays I would totally go but not so sure.

Reactions: 6 users
II today, not sure if I'm going to take it or not. For what it's worth, complete late June/early July, 76ish LizzyM. Most dates are Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday in November, only one date extending to December. If they held interviews on Mondays or Fridays I would totally go but not so sure.
+1

Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate here?