You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Utah Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Edited to remove quote.
Any calls I get from the U are 801-58x-xxxx numbers. Might even be 801-581-xxxx but don't hold me to that. I get a lot of calls from the labs and core facilities up there, needless to say it's been a stressful few months.
Any calls I get from the U are 801-58x-xxxx numbers. Might even be 801-581-xxxx but don't hold me to that. I get a lot of calls from the labs and core facilities up there, needless to say it's been a stressful few months.
Last edited:
Okay, thanks. I edited my original post just so people knew I understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality on a forum like this. But I must admit I jump every time a phone call comes in from a number I don't recognize haha.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of sheer curiosity does anyone have the new MCAT 10th, 90th and median values from the new MSAR? My subscription ran out before they updated with the new MCAT and I am not curious enough to pay for a new subscription to find out.
Have there been no other calls apart from Monday/Tuesday?
There were only calls on Monday based on the posts on this thread so far.Have there been no other calls apart from Monday/Tuesday?
Why doesn't Utah release information regarding the waitlist? Is there a reason they keep our position a secret?
I don't know the reason, but out of the 9 schools I interviewed at only 1 tells you your rank on the waitlist. So to me it seems to be the norm, even though it is frustrating and annoying.Why doesn't Utah release information regarding the waitlist? Is there a reason they keep our position a secret?
Is there a reason they keep our position a secret?
To prevent a spate of highly ranked candidate murders at the end of April?
Last edited:
Hi. Long-time lurker here. Spouse of an applicant. This thread has helped me keep my sanity - thanks for always passing along information. My partner was rejected today, was placed on the waitlist in mid March. Good luck to all of you! You da real MVPs.
So sorry to hear that. Hope your spouse found an acceptance elsewhere. Thanks for the update for those of us still anxiously awaiting.
I'm out too homies. Got the email this afternoon. Best of luck to you guys, if any of you are around in next years thread see you then!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I also got a rejection email yesterday. Love the U, always have, would have been an honor to attend their medical school but I was lucky enough to gain admission elsewhere, thankfully. Best of luck to all of you and best wishes for your futures as physicians!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone know if there has been any Idaho movement (waitlist, rejection, acceptance)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Idaho Student: Got the rejection email yesterdayAnyone know if there has been any Idaho movement (waitlist, rejection, acceptance)?
Idaho Student: Got the rejection email yesterday
Sorry to hear that. I hope you had luck elsewhere.
Anyone know if there has been any Idaho movement (waitlist, rejection, acceptance)?
Idaho resident. Haven't heard anything but still on waitlist
Rejection email after being on the waitlist since march, IS. The email makes it sound like they are rejecting everyone on the waitlist, but I know people who haven't been rejected yet. I find it odd they are rejecting people from the waitlist this early.
First line of email, "The University of Utah School of Medicine has completed its selection of the Class of 2021."
Anyways, good luck to all who are still surviving on the waitlist.
First line of email, "The University of Utah School of Medicine has completed its selection of the Class of 2021."
Anyways, good luck to all who are still surviving on the waitlist.
Does it appear that these rejections are coming out in alphabetical order or something? It's really stressful to still be on the waitlist and to be hearing about rejections every so often.
Does it appear that these rejections are coming out in alphabetical order or something? It's really stressful to still be on the waitlist and to be hearing about rejections every so often.
Doubt it. Both of my initials are mid-bottom in the alphabet.
I'm sure you are still under consideration if you haven't gotten rejected. They are probably just cutting people towards the end of the waitlist who have no shot at an acceptance. Maybe the WL movement was pretty slow this year?
It's Friday and the UoU offices are closed.
May I suggest taking a deep breath and seven minutes to reflect on why we've put ourselves through this grind?
This one goes out to all those compulsively refreshing this thread over the weekend.
May I suggest taking a deep breath and seven minutes to reflect on why we've put ourselves through this grind?
This one goes out to all those compulsively refreshing this thread over the weekend.
Last edited:
Withdrew acceptance. Idaho spot. Hard choice, but here is to one more open spot for a future Idaho grown physician!
Withdrawing as well. Make that another Idaho spot opened.
Where are you headed Talltee?Withdrawing as well. Make that another Idaho spot opened.
Where are you headed Talltee?
UT-Southwestern
Withdrawing as well. Make that another Idaho spot opened.
Idaho Resident. Had given up hope and was almost finished with my 2018 application.
Got the Dr. Chan call earlier today. Don't give up hope guys!
This one's for all you applicants hanging on, whether this cycle or next.
Wot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K