**2016 Official Peds Match Results**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suhshi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
5 more days :nod:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So excited for you guys!! I got my results at approximately 7:14 am (central time) last year.Congrats to all ahead of time. Get some sleep tonight!

Reactions: 1 user
So excited for you guys!! I got my results at approximately 7:14 am (central time) last year.Congrats to all ahead of time. Get some sleep tonight!

Thanks for the good luck! I can't wait any longer! Can't believe the day is here.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess I'll kick it off:

Name: pedo2015
Program Matched: IU Riley Hospital for Children
Dental School Attended: Louisville
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2015
International Student (yes/no): no
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: P/P
Class Ranking/Size: 35-40/120
Externship(s)/where: Riley, private practice peds offices
Research: none in dental school
Extracurriculars: involved in dental school/ASDA, currently in AEGD
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 5/2/2/2

edit to add:

I applied last year and didn't match, my AEGD is about 50% kids, so I think that helped. On top of re-writing my statement, getting some new letters, and being smart about where I applied, I think this was a game changer. I think externships are very valuable if you're able to take them.

Keep your head up if you don't match, if you want information on my AEGD, PM me.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Program Matched: UTHSC
Dental School Attended: VCU
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2011
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: P/P, I don't know them off the top of my head but I barely passed boards...in the 70s
Class Ranking/Size: class size has somewhere around 100 and I ended up somewhere in the middle. I do not know this stat either, but I know it is perhaps in the 50-40th percentile. My 1st year I did terribly. I improved academically through graduation, thus boosting my GPA significantly.
DENTAL GPA: Again I don't know this stat, but somewhere around 3.5 or 3.6
Externship(s)/where: Children's Hospital Colorado, 1 day, but did not add to application
Research: no formal or significant research in dental school
Extracurriculars: I didn't include these as part of my application.
OTHER RESIDENCY: GPR
OTHER: I applied to university based, because that is my preference.
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 9/4/4/5
I couldn't have been happier with my pick. It was my favorite place to interview.

EDIT: I put other things I added in all caps so you could see it isn't a normal line of info. (but it is info. I am curious about when I did my research on programs).

Reactions: 1 users
I wanted to add my results after accepting a post match position. This forum really helped me and provided a lot of insight while applying and interviewing. Not matching was really hard for me, and I was fully prepared to apply again. I had already started gathering materials.

Program Matched: Post-match UIC
Dental School Attended: WVU
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2012
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: 87/84
Class Ranking/Size: 7/49
DENTAL GPA: 3.7
Externship(s)/where: none
Research: undergrad non dental related and one project in dental school that was published
Extracurriculars: community outreach, clubs, held office position in dental school
OTHER RESIDENCY: None
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 12/4/4/4 but I did not match

I added a few schools later when I wasn't hearing much, but that didn't help. Looking back I should have applied MUCH more broadly and done externships. This process has been very stressful, but I am so excited I get to do what I am passionate about!

I wanted to add my results after accepting a post match position. This forum really helped me and provided a lot of insight while applying and interviewing. Not matching was really hard for me, and I was fully prepared to apply again. I had already started gathering materials.

Program Matched: Post-match UIC
Dental School Attended: WVU
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2012
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: 87/84
Class Ranking/Size: 7/49
DENTAL GPA: 3.7
Research: undergrad non dental related and one project in dental school that was published
Extracurriculars: community outreach, clubs, held office position in dental school
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 12/4/4/4 but I did not match

I added a few schools later when I wasn't hearing much, but that didn't help. Looking back I should have applied MUCH more broadly and done externships. This process has been very stressful, but I am so excited I get to do what I am passionate about!

Welcome to the Program!! I probably met you when you interviewed :) Congratulations!

Program Matched: St. Christopher's Hospital for Children-philly
Dental School Attended: Temple
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2013
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: 92
Class Ranking/Size: 36/128
DENTAL GPA: 3.58
Research: undergrad non dental related
Extracurriculars: outreach, worked at a previous pediatric dental office and at a medicaid clinic
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 4/1/1/1