2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i got rejection letter on friday...aand in same week i spoke with admission department and they told me that my status is on hold at that time..and after 3 days i got rejection letter.....what a climax here....

sorry to hear that ..I wish u a good luck for the rest of the schools ...if u dont mind where u live ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
For those of you accepted, do you know what address we send our transcripts to? Did anyone do it online from SMC?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol...I asked Western where to send transcripts and just got an email. Haha

Hello! Has anyone else on hold heard from western about their status this week?

They said the end of the month... After today, that means they have Friday and Monday to decide ... Hopefully we will hear from them.next week... Still crossing fingers

Are Western's admissions also dependent on other school's admissions too? I was reading the USC thread and they are saying they have something between 80-130 seats that the admission committee is still trying to fill.

To those you made their deposit, do they send you an email or anything that confirms that they have received your check? I would ask the school directly, but it seems likely that you can't get a very quick response from them at all.

Last edited:
Are Western's admissions also dependent on other school's admissions too? I was reading the USC thread and they are saying they have something between 80-130 seats that the admission committee is still trying to fill.

To those you made their deposit, do they send you an email or anything that confirms that they have received your check? I would ask the school directly, but it seems likely that you can't get a very quick response from them at all.

80-130 seats to fill and April is ending and May is coming up seems a little skeptical. 40-60 seats i can believe considering all UCSF and UCSD seats had been filled and waitlisted people are getting pulled off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol...I asked Western where to send transcripts and just got an email. Haha

Oh does it say where in the email, do you mind posting what they said up on this site or forwarding it to me?

Hey, western sends you an email saying they received your deposit and gives youinformation on what to do next. I mailed my deposit on Monday and got an email today.

Hey, western sends you an email saying they received your deposit and gives youinformation on what to do next. I mailed my deposit on Monday and got an email today.

Did they send it to your school email? I emailed them this morning and they said that they got my deposit and sent me an email to confirm it. However, I didn't get any email.

congrats to everyone who has been accepted. If you're on hold or WL don't lose hope.
I will be graduating from WesternU in 20 days and I can say the education that you get at WesternU is very good, majority of the staff is great, and I really enjoyed my time at WesternU.

Congrats everyone :)

congrats to everyone who has been accepted. If you're on hold or WL don't lose hope.
I will be graduating from WesternU in 20 days and I can say the education that you get at WesternU is very good, majority of the staff is great, and I really enjoyed my time at WesternU.

Can you elaborate a little?

you cant expect a school to have all good professors.

I agree. However, his description is a little open ended. Just wanted to hear what his take on the staff was in a little detail.

Last edited:

Why do you say "don't lose hope" to those students on hold or WL?????
Were you in the same situation and then pulled off the list???? Or do you know people from your class that were accepted by this process???

Why do you say "don't lose hope" to those students on hold or WL?????
Were you in the same situation and then pulled off the list???? Or do you know people from your class that were accepted by this process???

I think he meant students can still be pulled off right before school starts so anything is possible until the first day of orientation.

Send Transcripts to:

Western University of Health Sciences
Enrollment Data Services (EDS) Office - PharmD
309 E. Second Street, Pomona, CA 91766

They said the end of the month... After today, that means they have Friday and Monday to decide ... Hopefully we will hear from them.next week... Still crossing fingers

AGREEEE!!!:xf:

I think he meant students can still be pulled off right before school starts so anything is possible until the first day of orientation.
Yes, I have heard that. My pharmacist and interns I have worked with from Western have also told me they have had students come in a week or two after school has begun.

Yes, I have heard that. My pharmacist and interns I have worked with from Western have also told me they have had students come in a week or two after school has begun.
hey guys ..plz let us know if u hear any news....

I spoke to admissions and they said the seats have all been offered and deposits are slowly coming in. Once people start declining the offers, those on "Hold" will get pulled off.

Good luck to everyone still patiently waiting "On Hold."

I spoke to admissions and they said the seats have all been offered and deposits are slowly coming in. Once people start declining the offers, those on "Hold" will get pulled off.

sighs, this is so depressing :( those who plan to attend another school, PLEASE let the school know ASAP about withdrawing your spot so the people "on hold" could have a chance.

If that is the case, shouldn't Western let us know now that we are "Alternates" and not "On Hold"?

Their silence is so inconsiderate!

Perhaps they are waiting until all accepted students to make their decisions then put the hold students in alternative lists and start calling people to see who still wants to come to WesternU

Perhaps they are waiting until all accepted students to make their decisions then put the hold students in alternative lists and start calling people to see who still wants to come to WesternU
that'scrazy I have just called admission and Michelle told me all of the seats are not taken yet... they are still making decisions and they will let us know within couple weeks... so there is still hope....:xf:

Can some one else call admission and confirm one of these 2 different scenarios ...

i feel that admissions are just telling whomever calls whatever the professional response is they are sticking to that day. Don't get your mind all tripped out by hearing all these different things.

Hang in there, news will come.

to everyone that got his or her acceptance, congrats :) !! please let the other schools know that you'll be withdrawing your seat ASAP! this will help many of us who are still waiting.

I wish they would just tell us what is really going on with our application.

I just completed the background check and drug test for another school... i was wondering does western require that as well????

.. and if they do... can they use my results from this drug test? I just dont wanna pay anymore!!!!!! so many fees!!!!!!! lol

I just completed the background check and drug test for another school... i was wondering does western require that as well????

.. and if they do... can they use my results from this drug test? I just dont wanna pay anymore!!!!!! so many fees!!!!!!! lol

i had to pay again even though most of the schools utilize the same service....mucho annoying.

After thinking about it, I think it may be for another school.

Western's cost of attendance includes a background check, so maybe we do one when school starts?

Last edited:
For those that recently got accepted, how long does it take to get your immunizations done? From the looks of when they want everything, it should be done by June 1st. And does anyone know where I can contact the College of Pharmacy at Western Directly? I've looked for their number on their website and I can't seem to find it.

For those that recently got accepted, how long does it take to get your immunizations done? From the looks of when they want everything, it should be done by June 1st. And does anyone know where I can contact the College of Pharmacy at Western Directly? I've looked for their number on their website and I can't seem to find it.

Your titer should only take you a week.

Contact @ http://prospective.westernu.edu/pharmacy-pharmd/contact

So there is a background and drug test for.western too? Lol great more money to spend from us poor students
any news ? I was wondering , any one got rejection ? it seems they are so many applicants on hold...:xf: