2017-2018 Harvard Medical School

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection 🙁
Maybe I need thicker skin but this past week has been rough with nothing but bad news. Anyone else losing steam?

After starting out with 4 accepts in first 5 post-II decisions, getting hit with 5 WLs/Rs in 4 weeks has been draining, to say the least. I also now feel like the one top school I got into was a fluke.
 
Rejected pre-II this morning! Feeling honestly happy about the excitement from all those accepted on this thread. The rejection was classy, and I'll hold on to my hopes of attending here for residency or fellowship. The future is bright for us all! Congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After starting out with 4 accepts in first 5 post-II decisions, getting hit with 5 WLs/Rs in 4 weeks has been draining, to say the least. I also now feel like the one top school I got into was a fluke.

please do not feel this way. There are PLENTY of people at ALL of the top schools that only get into to one or two. I myself have only gotten into this school, of the three top ten I interviewed at.

You deserved your top school 150000%. Did other people probably deserve it too who got rejected? yes. That's how it always is. But that doesn't mean you didn't deserve it.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post-II rejection for pathways. Was expected, but still pretty disappointing. Best of luck to everyone else with their careers!
 
I was also rejected this morning and to be honest, it was hard to swallow. It is disappointing to come so far just to fall short, but it is what it is. HMS would have been the dream. However, after further reflection, I am fortunate to have even received an interview here. I am even more fortunate to have been accepted to another top school (Columbia), so I am grateful for that. Congrats to everyone who was accepted today, you earned it! Good luck to you all!
 
Anyone in here that also got in to Hopkins med? please pm me would love to talk about your pro/con list for each of the schools/ which you're picking/ what you're doing about second looks since they're on the same weekend. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Official pre-II rejection email on Friday, March 2, just in case anyone wanted to know..... Complete mid-September. OOS. Stats in signature.

Edit: This was my signature at the time:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools:
19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -
 
Last edited:
When will WL applicants get access to the financial aid application?
On that note, have any WL applicants even received the form that has to be filled out in order to stay on the WL? Wondering when I should expect that and whether it will be via email or hard copy in the mail. Thanks!
 
On that note, have any WL applicants even received the form that has to be filled out in order to stay on the WL? Wondering when I should expect that and whether it will be via email or hard copy in the mail. Thanks!
Yes, I received that form today via email. But it was from the HST coordinator so maybe it is just for HST WL candidates?
 
Does anyone else's financial aid portal still not show their CSS profile as being received? It is the only thing that I'm waiting on and I submitted it back on the 2nd. CollegeBoard shows that it was sent.

Take a breath my dude. You got in! I’m sure they will process CSS soon, I submitted mine a while back and it also isn’t marked as received yet.
 
Does anyone else's financial aid portal still not show their CSS profile as being received? It is the only thing that I'm waiting on and I submitted it back on the 2nd. CollegeBoard shows that it was sent.
Mine shows as "received" and I added Harvard to my CSS the same day I got the acceptance email
 
Congrats everyone! I know it's been asked before, but has anyone gotten any more information about what the REACH scholarship is/covers?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@JohnQ666 I heard around 10-15 came off the waitlist last year. I'm not sure if that was Pathways, HST or both.

To those accepted, has anyone received the admissions packet in the mail yet?
I haven't received it, but just emailed the scanned pdf in the meantime!