2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a general question ,Got II yesterday, how come earliest date available for interview schedule is mid-January 2018. Are these interviews are only for waitlist.
Anyone interviewing between now and January when did you get your II. Just curious. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So my portal says that they made a decision, is the only way to know this decision is to wait for the letter in the mail?

Just a general question ,Got II yesterday, how come earliest date available for interview schedule is mid-January 2018. Are these interviews are only for waitlist.
Anyone interviewing between now and January when did you get your II. Just curious. Thanks
I'm interviewing 12/15 and I got the II 09/25. With the amount of people withdrawing, I don't think a January interview is solely for a waitlist seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully they will pull someone from waitlist this year! Seems like there are more people withdrawing this year compared to last year's thread?

Hopefully they will pull someone from waitlist this year! Seems like there are more people withdrawing this year compared to last year's thread?

Them not giving decisions to a lot of EDs probably is a big factor. I interviewed 8/15 and did ED. Didn’t get my acceptance until yesterday when I should’ve been informed by 9/30. I was accepted to KCU two weeks ago. If LECOM would’ve told me when they should’ve, I might have withdrew from everywhere else and put down my deposit. Not now though. :)

Them not giving decisions to a lot of EDs probably is a big factor. I interviewed 8/15 and did ED. Didn’t get my acceptance until yesterday when I should’ve been informed by 9/30. I was accepted to KCU two weeks ago. If LECOM would’ve told me when they should’ve, I might have withdrew from everywhere else and put down my deposit. Not now though. :)
+1

Congrats! and I am here hoping to get into LECOM! haha On the alternate list right now.

Congrats! and I am here hoping to get into LECOM! haha On the alternate list right now.

I bet you’ll get in considering the amount withdrawing! Maybe you’ll even get my spot!! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted and withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else who has applied!

May I ask why you were impressed?

I was impressed mostly by their understanding and initiative to allow students to learn in ways that best suite them in order to be successful. Their different learning pathways attracted me personally, because I am much better as an independent learner than I am in a structured lecture based learning pathway. I've struggled with ADHD for many years and have found that being able to work on my own allows for less distractions than lecture based learning. When I compared the concept of the different pathways to other schools I applied to, LECOM was much more adaptive to the individual students learning strengths. The facilities are modern and continuing to be updated to stay current with technology (they are currently building a multi-million $$ research facility in Erie). Finally, it is evident just by driving around Erie, PA that LECOM has a very large community outreach. As an individual looking into a potential career in community medicine and outreach, I was very impressed with their outreach to different demographics and populations of people (hospitals, senior care facilities, clinics, pharmacies). So, you might say I was impressed based of my own personal standards and needs for a medical school, but we should all be looking for schools that will fit us the best and allow us to succeed.

Has anyone else here committed to Erie campus? If so message me and let's start a Facebook group for the Class of 2022!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

How did you apply to and get accepted to KCU when you applied to Erie ED? I thought if you did ED you weren't allowed to apply to other schools until a certain date.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you apply to and get accepted to KCU when you applied to Erie ED? I thought if you did ED you weren't allowed to apply to other schools until a certain date.
LECOM hit me up for a normal interview date on 8/15. If you interview anytime before like October, you can elect to get an ED. They literally hand out a paper and you sign it and turn it in the day of the interview. The ED is nonbinding, and all it meant is they *were supposed to* review my app and make a decision by Sept. 30th and give me 30 days to put down a deposit. Obviously, it didn’t work out that way. So, I was not one of those people that did a true ED were you cannot apply to other schools.

I interviewed here almost two weeks ago but I just realized I never sent any thank you emails. Did you guys do this/did accepted students do this? I remember my interviewers but I don't have their contact info (it was so quick I didn't really get anyone's cards). Would it be worth it (determine an acceptance/rejection) to track down their emails and send them one now? (I know a student there so I could probably get their emails)

I interviewed here almost two weeks ago but I just realized I never sent any thank you emails. Did you guys do this/did accepted students do this? I remember my interviewers but I don't have their contact info (it was so quick I didn't really get anyone's cards). Would it be worth it (determine an acceptance/rejection) to track down their emails and send them one now? (I know a student there so I could probably get their emails)
I wouldn't worry about it. There is no way an adcom is going to accept/reject you on the basis of receiving a thank you letter. It will help marginally at best, and even that may be a bit generous to say. If it helps to put you at ease, I haven't sent thank you letters to any of my interviewers at other schools and got accepted.

I wouldn’t worry. I haven’t sent thank you letters to any schools even the ones that do one on one interviews.

So strange... I did ED and my portal changed when everyone else's was changing last week/2 weeks ago but I still haven't received any mail. Anyone else in the same boat?

So strange... I did ED and my portal changed when everyone else's was changing last week/2 weeks ago but I still haven't received any mail. Anyone else in the same boat?
Make sure your address isn't messed up. My decisions to remain on the waitlist or not was due to them by WED of next week, 6 days from now

Good for you. As one can see by previous posts in this thread for ED, they are still behind.
I'm not sure if they are behind in scheduling interviews. I have friends who applied in late October get interviews for next week.

The deadline for me to accept the offer at Bradenton is tomorrow. I have confirmation from fedex that my check and matriculation agreement were received but haven't heard anything from the school and that's making me nervous. Has anyone officially accepted and heard anything from the school?

The deadline for me to accept the offer at Bradenton is tomorrow. I have confirmation from fedex that my check and matriculation agreement were received but haven't heard anything from the school and that's making me nervous. Has anyone officially accepted and heard anything from the school?
Why not just call?

I officially accepted, but at the Erie campus, and received a confirmation text saying they had received my payment and my seat was held while they processed it. I'd call Monday and make sure they have it!

I was accepted to the PBL pathway! I'm incredibly excited. For the person who still hadn't received their mail, don't fret just yet. I didn't get the letter until Thursday. Double check the portal to make sure your address is correct, and if it is I'd call if you don't get it by Tuesday. I believe that our deposit is due on 11/17, so you don't want to cut it too close.

I was accepted to the PBL pathway! I'm incredibly excited. For the person who still hadn't received their mail, don't fret just yet. I didn't get the letter until Thursday. Double check the portal to make sure your address is correct, and if it is I'd call if you don't get it by Tuesday. I believe that our deposit is due on 11/17, so you don't want to cut it too close.
Congrats! Do you plan on committing?

Hey all!

My portal has been stuck on "Your application is under review" for Erie since about late July/early August.

Is there still any hope of being offered an interview later in the cycle (since, as Goro says, they stratify apps) or is this just a silent rejection?

Just waiting for my LECOM decision out of curiosity. Interviewed in August but will be withdrawing regardless! Good luck everyone!

Hey all!

My portal has been stuck on "Your application is under review" for Erie since about late July/early August.

Is there still any hope of being offered an interview later in the cycle (since, as Goro says, they stratify apps) or is this just a silent rejection?
There's definitely still hope. It said that for me for LECOM-B until April

Does anyone know if LECOM accepts updates or letters of interest?

And has anyone accepted sent one?

Did people who selected the 10/15 decisions get their decisions on 10/15 or later? I selected 11/15 and was just wondering when to expect the decision. Thanks!

I have a question. I you applied to LECOM and were invited to interview, are you only being considered for the campus that you have been invited to interview at? For example, if one was invited to interview at the Seton Hill campus, I feel like it would be inherently difficult to answer the question of why PBL, if your top choice was actually the Erie campus.

I have a question. I you applied to LECOM and were invited to interview, are you only being considered for the campus that you have been invited to interview at? For example, if one was invited to interview at the Seton Hill campus, I feel like it would be inherently difficult to answer the question of why PBL, if your top choice was actually the Erie campus.

I interviewed at Erie and they handed us a sheet of paper with preferences including LDP, PBL at both Erie and Seton Hill, PCPS, and the independent study route. You rank them and hand it back at the end of the day. So I don't believe that the location of your interview will affect the location of your acceptance.

I interviewed at Erie and they handed us a sheet of paper with preferences including LDP, PBL at both Erie and Seton Hill, PCPS, and the independent study route. You rank them and hand it back at the end of the day. So I don't believe that the location of your interview will affect the location of your acceptance.
Thank you for that information! It's nice that they let you rank your preferences, but I've seen some source state that they asked "why PBL" during interviews. I feel like it would only be reasonable to ask an applicant why PBL if that applicant were only being considered for one of the PBL campuses. Do you have any insight on this?

Thank you for that information! It's nice that they let you rank your preferences, but I've seen some source state that they asked "why PBL" during interviews. I feel like it would only be reasonable to ask an applicant why PBL if that applicant were only being considered for one of the PBL campuses. Do you have any insight on this?

So I interviewed at Erie as well as Bradenton, and the Bradenton campus is solely PBL. Bradenton never asked why PBL but why LECOM-B and the answer is PBL. At Erie they did not ask that question at all because there are other routes. I never visited Seton Hill so I'm not sure if they would ask that question directly.

So I interviewed at Erie as well as Bradenton, and the Bradenton campus is solely PBL. Bradenton never asked why PBL but why LECOM-B and the answer is PBL. At Erie they did not ask that question at all because there are other routes. I never visited Seton Hill so I'm not sure if they would ask that question directly.
Hmmm, I see. I also find it interesting that they had you interview twice, once at 2 different campuses. I feel like that also hints to interviews being campus specific. It feels strange to interview at a PBL campus, and then say that it isn't my first choice, but then answer a question about why I like PBL lol. Anyhow, thanks a bunch for the insight! I agree, that the question would be "why LECOM-seton hill or bradenton" and the answer should be "PBL".

Accepted. Interviewed 8/18 at Erie Campus. Withdrawing my spot, hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back! Best of luck everyone!

Has anyone been accepted to APAP this cycle? (Other than dfw6er)