2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it sounds like they waitlist pretty much everyone, then they will see who sticks around, and will pull, majority of the class from that waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

it sounds like they waitlist pretty much everyone, then they will see who sticks around, and will pull, majority of the class from that waitlist.

I certainly hope so; 511 and 3.8 waitlist candidate here - maybe they're trying to suss out how invested we actually are in the school?

I certainly hope so; 511 and 3.8 waitlist candidate here - maybe they're trying to suss out how invested we actually are in the school?
Dk I know higher stats that were accepted. When did you apply? Did you apply late? If so then that would make sense. Those stats are great. No MD catches?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dk I know higher stats that were accepted. When did you apply? Did you apply late? If so then that would make sense. Those stats are great. No MD catches?

Yea I was late to apply here which makes sense - and not as of yet (weak ECs if I had to guess why) - still waiting on the ole state school to get back to me though

Reactions: 1 user
Yea I was late to apply here which makes sense - and not as of yet (weak ECs if I had to guess why) - still waiting on the ole state school to get back to me though
Ah yeah makes sense! Definitely. No stress though. Solid MCAT and GPA.

Just checking base with everyone here. If you have any questions, want to know stats, interview format, housing, etc. feel free to PM me. I was accepted, and committed, back in October and am glad to help with any questions you are itching to know :)

So I reached out to LECOM and asked if the alternate list is different from the waitlist. the answer I received was that there isnt a difference between the list, but that they pull from both the lists. Meaning theres two distinct lists. Does anyone know if its better to be on either the waitlist or the alternate list?

So I reached out to LECOM and asked if the alternate list is different from the waitlist. the answer I received was that there isnt a difference between the list, but that they pull from both the lists. Meaning theres two distinct lists. Does anyone know if its better to be on either the waitlist or the alternate list?
I can’t believe that’s the answer they gave. “There is no difference, but there are two DIFFERENT lists”. So then there IS a difference, lol.

I can’t believe that’s the answer they gave. “There is no difference, but there are two DIFFERENT lists”. So then there IS a difference, lol.

Hehe yea. She also said that they are not ranked, which I felt I knew but there has to be a reason why you're put on one list and not the other. I must know what it is!

Hehe yea. She also said that they are not ranked, which I felt I knew but there has to be a reason why you're put on one list and not the other. I must know what it is!
Yeah. That explanation makes no sense lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought from reading past years forums the alternate list is from SH and the waitlist is for Erie? I could be totally wrong tho.

I thought from reading past years forums the alternate list is from SH and the waitlist is for Erie? I could be totally wrong tho.

Hmmm... FWIW I interviewed at Erie and was placed on the "alternate" list but I do remember ranking LECOM SH as my #2 so that may have played a role?

Put on the alternate list, (both letter and portal) didn't rank SH as any of my preference. Only Erie.

Last edited:
Do we have any idea as to when/if there is going to be significant waitlist/alternate/whatever movement?

Or maybe
Do we have any idea as to when/if there is going to be significant waitlist/alternate/whatever movement?

From previous LECOM posts, significant movement usually occurs late May-June.

Hello all,
Is lecom still interviewing students ?

Did you apply for LECOM this cycle? My portal shows the dates of interview available at each campus, and yes, there are still dates available, but my application still says it's under review. :depressed:

They're doing interviews the rest of the month, and I believe have some going into April.

Hi I have a question, I just submitted my primary 2/9 got an email 2/22 saying “The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application.”. My mcat score is 502, gpa 3.57, sgpa 3.37, good amount of volunteer hours, leadership (served as an RA and lab TA), research and presentations and just a little bit amount of DO shadowing hours (about 40 over the span of two months and continuing). I know I’m very late in the application process, but it’s almost a month and I haven’t gotten a secondary despite meeting the screening minimum. Can someone maybe give me an explanation or some advice? Am I too that late that it’s too late?

Hi I have a question, I just submitted my primary 2/9 got an email 2/22 saying “The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application.”. My mcat score is 502, gpa 3.57, sgpa 3.37, good amount of volunteer hours, leadership (served as an RA and lab TA), research and presentations and just a little bit amount of DO shadowing hours (about 40 over the span of two months and continuing). I know I’m very late in the application process, but it’s almost a month and I haven’t gotten a secondary despite meeting the screening minimum. Can someone maybe give me an explanation or some advice? Am I too that late that it’s too late?
Why such a late app? Also, I can’t really give any worthy advice as I don’t really know how things work when it gets to be this late in the cycle.

Why such a late app? Also, I can’t really give any worthy advice as I don’t really know how things work when it gets to be this late in the cycle.
Well just a few months ago I decided I wanted to attend DO school

Well just a few months ago I decided I wanted to attend DO school

This is pure speculation, but due to the fact that the application you sent in was considerably late in the cycle perhaps they won't consider it favorably unless you had outstanding stats compared to LECOM's averages (think like 510 or something like that). At least, that is consistent with the general rule of thumb that the later you apply the more exceptional your raw stats have to get "bumped up" in the pecking order so to speak

Anyone have a portal change recently? It's been almost 40 days and I haven't heard a thing...

Anyone attending the accepted student day event on April 7th?

LECOM is interviewing until May. If you have not heard anything regarding interview, please don't feel too bad. There's still hope.

Here are the remaining open interview dates at LECOM: Erie campus: Friday, April 6, Thursday, April 19 and Thursday, May 17.:
For Brandenton campus: Wednesday, April 11, and Wednesday, May 9. Seton Hill campus is done. Good luck to all the hopefuls.

Here are the remaining open interview dates at LECOM: Erie campus: Friday, April 6, Thursday, April 19 and Thursday, May 17.:
For Brandenton campus: Wednesday, April 11, and Wednesday, May 9. Seton Hill campus is done. Good luck to all the hopefuls.

I believe you're looking at the Early Acceptance (Affiliate College) Program Interview dates which are different from regular dates. The only way you can see the regular dates is if you still have to schedule your interview. I think SH campus said they interviewed until April or maybe even May during my interview day.

I believe you're looking at the Early Acceptance (Affiliate College) Program Interview dates which are different from regular dates. The only way you can see the regular dates is if you still have to schedule your interview. I think SH campus said they interviewed until April or maybe even May during my interview day.
Okay...I know what I know. Thank you.

Okay...I know what I know. Thank you.
I didn't mean to be rude, I just wanted people to know that there's still a chance for interviews. I know for sure that Bradenton interviews Fridays so there should be more than just those dates.

Last edited:
Anyone from the 3/22 interview remember when they said we should hear back by?

Anyone attending the accepted student day event on April 7th?
Might have better luck in the class thread under DO class threads or the Facebook group. But I’ll be attending.

I just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to those on the waitlist and an extra good luck to all that eat ass:angelic:

Just got an II for 4/06 at Bradenton campus. Does anyone know if they still have open seats, or if they are just filling the waitlist now?

What is the interview format for this campus?

Last edited:
I didn't mean to be rude, I just wanted people to know that there's still a chance for interviews. I know for sure that Bradenton interviews Fridays so there should be more than just those dates.
I just scheduled an interview at Bradenton. They had 4/06 and 4/13 open.

I believe it'll take 4-6 weeks before you'll hear back from them.

Just got an interview for LECOM Erie on 4/27. Heard there is a group interview than 1:1 individual? Any MMIs? Can someone who has interviewed explain the day, interview format more in depth, questions, what to expect etc. Anything is helpful! thanks!

Just got an interview for LECOM Erie on 4/27. Heard there is a group interview than 1:1 individual? Any MMIs? Can someone who has interviewed explain the day, interview format more in depth, questions, what to expect etc. Anything is helpful! thanks!

Look through old posts on this thread for any other details. Overall, there's a group interview that I believe lasts 30 minutes but it feels like it goes by super fast. Then a 1:1 interview for 8 minutes, however I had a 1:2. They ask you 2 questions, so it might take you less than 8 minutes. No MMIs. You get a tour of the school somewhere in between. You rate what learning styles you prefer. Then optional tour of the wellness center at the end of the day. Congrats & good luck!

LECOM-SH OMS-2 here, new interview spots opened up for May 4 and May 9 at SH (via Google calendar only for current students), so interviews are not done just yet. The interview dates you see publicly on the LECOM portal (when you click "Admissions" tab and then "Interview" section) are for the undergrad+LECOM early acceptance program, so they are not good indicators of available dates.

LECOM-SH OMS-2 here, new interview spots opened up for May 4 and May 9 at SH (via Google calendar only for current students), so interviews are not done just yet. The interview dates you see publicly on the LECOM portal (when you click "Admissions" tab and then "Interview" section) are for the undergrad+LECOM early acceptance program, so they are not good indicators of available dates.
How do you like it at LECOM SH? PBL treating you well?

Just got an interview here, the only date available for me is May 4th!

Can someone answer this? The airport seems pretty close to the school, would I be able to catch a 3pm flight after my interview?

Last edited:
Just got an interview here, the only date available for me is May 4th!

Can someone answer this? The airport seems pretty close to the school, would I be able to catch a 3pm flight after my interview?

I flew into PIT airport and it was about an hour drive. I know traffic will definitely be a factor. I do know that if you are trying to make a flight you can skip the tour/lunch if need be, but I'm not sure what exact time the interview part ended.

I flew into PIT airport and it was about an hour drive. I know traffic will definitely be a factor. I do know that if you are trying to make a flight you can skip the tour/lunch if need be, but I'm not sure what exact time the interview part ended.

big ham guy eh?

Reactions: 1 users

I ended up getting a later flight out, thanks though! Although looks like this trip is gonna be a slog since the travel times are not great haha.

I ended up getting a later flight out, thanks though! Although looks like this trip is gonna be a slog since the travel times are not great haha.

Oh I should've mentioned I interviewed at the SH campus. Good luck on your interview!