2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody received an acceptance letter from the 2/8 or 2/9 interviews yet?

Members don't see this ad.

To people who got waitlisted: what was your preferred pathway choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
2/9 interview, picked LDP
Waitlisted

For what it’s worth I sent a letter of intent and my fafsa already

I just signed a lease today actually, they supposedly fly out once April hits because there is the new students day thing that everyone comes up to find housing during. So I would try and beat the rush and do it sometime in March
thats good to know, im gona start looking.

For the waitlisted people, when I interviewed I asked the students about the waitlist movement. They said many in their class had been accepted off the waitlist and some were contacted about their acceptance right before the school year started. So don’t lose hope!

Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed on 2/9 as well and my portal changed but I still haven't gotten my letter. The suspense is killing me

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody had any portal changes this week? I’ve been checking all day. Nothing yet.

My portal changed on Monday! Interviewed 1/26.

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't heard anything post secondary back in July, and no changes under portal after "under review." Anyone in the same boat? Too late to hope for an interview?? :(

I'm heading to LECOM-SH for an interview soon. Anyone have any recommendations for a hotel?

Interview invite today! Erie campus. Complete 01/23, so there is hope for applicants who were late to the party.

Going to be declining, as I was accepted by first choice school earlier this month. Hopefully, it goes to one of you awesome future physicians.

Reactions: 1 users
So I interviewed 12/15, received a waitlist letter roughly 40 days later, and my portal just TODAY updated to saying I was placed on an alternate list. Not sure what’s going on. Hope to hear good news from LECOM-B, and interviewing at DMU soon. Just so tired of waiting.

Reading the blog, I notice a lot of pre-meds who were interviewed lately have been wait-listed. Does LECOM still have some unfilled seats? I am concerned because my interview is in Mid-March in Erie.

Hey guys does anybody know if LECOM is still sending out interviews?

I received an email on 2/19 saying:

"Hello throwaway2468,

I hope this email finds you well! I just wanted to reach out and let you know that you are still on hold with us, but we look forward to reviewing your application in the future."

Not sure what to make of this. This is the first email I received from LECOM since submitting my secondary, so I find it strange that they emailed me and that I found out this way that my application has been on hold. Is it just a silent rejection? Did anyone else receive this email?
Hm I didn't receive this email but I also haven't been rejected. Not really hoping for an II here tbh but does this school do pre-II rejections?

Interviewed at SH 02/08. Unsure when portal changed exactly but sometime last week. Received acceptance letter yesterday. 03/05

Got my acceptance letter yesterday to SH! Can't wait to meet you all. Interviewed on 1/31, portal changed Thursday last week.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm watching the spring training Yankees game, and there is a LECOM advertisement behind home plate.

I'm watching the spring training Yankees game, and there is a LECOM advertisement behind home plate.
They recently purchased naming rights to one of the fields down there, forget what team. Love the username, btw.

Interviewed at Erie on 2/2, portal change sometime within the last 3 days (haven't been checking), let the waiting game begin :whistle:

Interviewed 2/16, I got my portal change yesterday! Good luck everyone!!

Hello all,
Is lecom still interviewing students ?

Got an email from LECOM Admissions asking if I had any questions about their recent decision to place my application on hold. This was actually the first I had heard of being on hold with them. Additionally, I find it strange that they place students on hold pre-interview. What’s the point in that?

Has anyone gotten a letter with their decision from LECOM within these past few days?

well, waitlist. Do we know what percentage of people get off the list?

So if were waitlisted, where is the best place to send letters of intent and extra LORs. Who should we be addressing these letters to?

I don't post on here much, but thought this information may be helpful for people interested in the APAP program. Submitted my secondary on 10/6, II on 12/28, interviewed at Seton Hill on 1/31, portal changed on 3/5, got the acceptance letter to APAP on 3/9 :) Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I got waitlisted from Erie, LDP first choice. Has anyone been accepted to Erie for LDP recently? Or is it more of a waitlist game now?

waitlisted at Erie, interviewed 2/15. ~3.2 GPA 518 MCAT