2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from 2/22 interview ear back yet? It's been over a month. Waiting for some good news here.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone from the 3-16-2018 interview receive any feed back from LECOM yet?

Just got an interview here, the only date available for me is May 4th!

Can someone answer this? The airport seems pretty close to the school, would I be able to catch a 3pm flight after my interview?

I know you said you already got a flight but for others who may be wondering... Depends on which location. The airport at the Erie location is very close to the school. The airport is also quite small which makes sense since the population is only about 100k. There are only about 5 or 6 gates, no lines, plane half empty to and from Chicago, no shops or restaurants to check out while waiting for your flight, and the airport security actually didn't even open til about 3:15 or 3:30 for my 5pm flight. Now I wouldn't recommend arriving last minute since I'm not from there so I don't know if my experience is the usual norm and something unexpected might come up but I think it's doable. I went to the fitness tour after the interview and I would have been able to make a 3pm flight though it would be tight and pushing it. If don't go to the fitness tour, then should definitely make a 3pm flight. The interview day ended with lunch that I think ended at 1pm and it felt like a 5 minute drive to the fitness center and 15-20 minutes for the tour but I didn't time these so they are rough estimates

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When is it a good time to send in a letter of intent?

Reactions: 1 user
I just checked my portal and it said the committee has made a decision on my application and that I will receive a letter within 30 days.

any waitlist movement yet?
Not that I’ve seen. But if they’re still interviewing out until May, I don’t expect movement to pick up until around the May 15th aacomas cut off

My portal updated today, and I also got a email from LECOM introducing their graduate school programs. Is that means I did not get accepted from LECOM?

My portal updated today, and I also got a email from LECOM introducing their graduate school programs. Is that means I did not get accepted from LECOM?
Mine updated yesterday and i got the same email about master programs today. havent received status letter yet. Anyone know anything about this?

My portal updated 4/2(this Monday). I was accepted and got the email about masters programs today, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Here are my stats:

sGPA~3.7
MCAT 502
>3000 hours of clinical experience (I am a mental health counselor currently working in a psychiatric hospital)
>500 hours of volunteer experience (some are non-medical)
No research experience

Interviewed on 2/15, did not see a status change from the portal until 3/30. Then yesterday I got an email invitation for their post bacc program. I was really disappointed, thinking why would I receive a post bacc invite if I get in this year?! Then I got home and checked my mailbox and saw that there were letters from both LECOM and KCU-COM. I opened KCU first since I know it’s a rejection already (they sent an email on 3/30). Then I opened the letter from LECOM and the first thing I read is CONGRATULATIONS!

Please do not get discouraged just because your status does not change right away after 1 month post interview, and definitely do not feel disappointed if you get an email invitation about their post bacc program. Both things have no correlation to your admission status. If you interview at a later date and are still waiting for some news, please keep a positive mindset about it. Even if it’s a rejection, don’t give up and try again next year for a second round! I like what my friend told me when he learned about my rejection from KCU. He said, “you are still you, nothing has changed. Just try again next year or apply to other different schools.”

I am a second year reapplicant, so I know all about rejection and disappointment. I am not going to lie that each rejection letter/email feels just as bad as the first one. However, some schools will offer scheduled review session to discuss about your file and even offer advice about reapplication (I still have an appointment upcoming with WSU and I intend to keep it). If they offer a chance for you to learn about what you can improve, take it. If they don’t, please ask! After I received my rejection from KCU, I emailed them right away and asked if I can speak to someone about my application. The email was sent last Friday and I still haven’t heard anything back from them. Regardless, it didn’t hurt at all to ask. What’s the worst that can happen since they already rejected me?!

Anyway, best luck to everyone who are still waiting out there. In the mean time, if you are finished with your interviews this year, just relax and have fun. You never know, this might be the last chilled spring you can have until your med school graduation 4 years from now. ;) And if you have received your acceptance letter from the Erie campus, I can’t wait to meet you all in July!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine updated yesterday and i got the same email about master programs today. havent received status letter yet. Anyone know anything about this?
Please do not give up hope! That post bacc/master program invite has nothing to do with your admission status, at least not to mine.

Interviewed 3/16 and received my letter. Alternate list. Any ideas on the differences between alternate and waitlist? A bit discouraged as if I get in here it is my top choice but also the last thing I want to do is find out I am accepted into this particular school with less than a month to prepare.

Interviewed 3/16 and received my letter. Alternate list. Any ideas on the differences between alternate and waitlist? A bit discouraged as if I get in here it is my top choice but also the last thing I want to do is find out I am accepted into this particular school with less than a month to prepare.
Where did you interview?

Is it safe to assume, looking at those of you who were accepted recently, that if we had a portal change last week but didn't get that email about post bacc programs that I probably did not get an acceptance? Figuring that those who were accepted got that email because they put you on a email list or something when they accept you

Is it safe to assume, looking at those of you who were accepted recently, that if we had a portal change last week but didn't get that email about post bacc programs that I probably did not get an acceptance? Figuring that those who were accepted got that email because they put you on a email list or something when they accept you

No I don’t think that’s what we meant. Post bacc/master invitations are usually intended for pre-med students who need the extra boost in science GPA in order to reapply again next year. Therefore I think they sent everyone an email invitation (accepted, rejected or waitlisted) so the email probably has nothing to do with your admission status.

No I don’t think that’s what we meant. Post bacc/master invitations are usually intended for pre-med students who needs the extra boost in science GPA in order to reapply again next year. Therefore I think they sent everyone an email invitation (accepted, rejected or waitlisted) so the email probably has nothing to do with your admission status.
This.

Don’t think it has any correlation to status. I was accepted back in Nov and never received any such email.

Erie campus. I was really hoping for a definitive answer.
From my understanding, they have two lists, a waitlist (which is better to be in) and an alternate list. Their waitlist is for applicants who they are very interested in and are just waiting for a spot to open up to give them. You won't really know if you're on their waitlist because they don't update the portal status, but I have heard people calling in after a month or so and being told they're just waiting for a spot to open up. The alternate list is the list they use once everyone from the waitlist has a spot. If placed on an alternate list your portal will change and you will receive a letter in the mail.

This.

Don’t think it has any correlation to status. I was accepted back in Nov and never received any such email.

You are right, this is just my guess, but I also applied to LECOM B but I didn’t go for the interview. Maybe the email was meant from LECOM B?

From my understanding, they have two lists, a waitlist (which is better to be in) and an alternate list. Their waitlist is for applicants who they are very interested in and are just waiting for a spot to open up to give them. You won't really know if you're on their waitlist because they don't update the portal status, but I have heard people calling in after a month or so and being told they're just waiting for a spot to open up. The alternate list is the list they use once everyone from the waitlist has a spot. If placed on an alternate list your portal will change and you will receive a letter in the mail.

So, it sounds like my chances are slim then for an acceptance here? Sorry to be hasty, my only acceptance is all the way on the other side of the country from home, whereas LECOM is close to home. I just want to know because I need to start prepping for a huge move out to the southwest. Thank you. My portal has yet to change but in the letter I received it did explicitly say alternate list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! so i just wanted to weigh in on this alternate vs waitlist situation. I did call you the admissions office and they were very nice. They explained that the two lists are not ranked but are essentially the same thing. The difference is that the waitlist generally gets picked first. From what I could discern the way they do it is the categorize people, meaning certain people have certain characteristics they are looking for in their class and when someone drops out they would probably pick someone from that, like maybe if a female dropped out another female from the waitlist gets picked etc. I was told GPA/MCAT is not a factor at that point. but again this is all speculation on my part. I was told the biggest movement happens in May/June. Send a letter of intent, it helps. later on in the summer they will start contacting people to ask if they are still interested, at that point they really are trying to fill spots. In previous years there has been a lot of movement but it changes from year to year. I hope that helps!

Reactions: 6 users
Got a "waitlist" letter in the mail today, gunna keep updating and hope for the best! Goodluck to everyone else still waiting!

Does anyone know why there isn't a 2018-2019 LECOM thread?

is it normal to have been complete since july and have heard nothing? Assuming that I will not get an interview, but have not heard anything...

is it normal to have been complete since july and have heard nothing? Assuming that I will not get an interview, but have not heard anything...
I submitted my application Dec/Jan, didn't hear anything for about two months so sent them an email expressing continued interest, and then received an II the next day for the Erie campus. I don't know if they were intending to send the II anyway or if my email had anything to do with it but wouldn't hurt to contact them when you haven't heard from them for awhile. I know Erie can take awhile to make decisions but I would have contacted them months ago if I had submitted in July.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application Dec/Jan, didn't hear anything for about two months so sent them an email expressing continued interest, and then received an II the next day for the Erie campus. I don't know if they were intending to send the II anyway or if my email had anything to do with it but wouldn't hurt to contact them when you haven't heard from them for awhile. I would have contacted them months ago if I had submitted in July.

Question, was your email a letter of intent type of email or something else? I was thinking of sending something similar but I didn’t know where to start. Would you mind sharing what points you made in your email to show continued interest?

I got a waitlist letter and a waitlist confirmation email, but my portal says alternate. So now I’m just confused :thinking:

Question, was your email a letter of intent type of email or something else? I was thinking of sending something similar but I didn’t know where to start. Would you mind sharing what points you made in your email to show continued interest?
I never explicitly said I would attend if accepted so I wouldn't call it a letter of intent. It's more of a letter of continued strong interest paragraph. I basically said been waiting to hear from them, would love to interview and go to their school because of their great reputation and success record so inquiring status on my app. Proceeded to say something like given my background, I could be their great doctor.

Now I also sent a similar letter to Brandenton but haven't heard anything from them so may not work but I would still contact them and even call them if they don't respond to your email.

I got a waitlist letter and a waitlist confirmation email, but my portal says alternate. So now I’m just confused :thinking:

Same here, but I contacted admissions and they said its just a IT problem, if you got the waitlist letter you are on the waitlist. I would check in like a month just to see what the status is if you have not been contacted about matriculation.

I interviewed 3/23 and just got a rejection letter today with no portal update beyond your application is under review.

I interviewed 3/23 and just got a rejection letter today with no portal update beyond your application is under review.
That's a bummer. Do you mind me asking if you know what might have gone wrong during the interview? Not alot of people update their rejections here just acceptance or waitlist. I'm just curious since I'm still waiting for my letter.

Does anyone know why there isn't a 2018-2019 LECOM thread?

Because the 2018-2019 application cycle hasn't started yet. Pretty sure there's no 2018-2019 thread for any school yet.

So I interviewed on 4/6/18, and from what I remember regarding admission decisions, the status of the admissions portal will change when they've made a decision, and only then they'll mail a letter, correct? They mentioned they should make a decision by 4/11 or so, but my admissions status still hasn't changed...

So I interviewed on 4/6/18, and from what I remember regarding admission decisions, the status of the admissions portal will change when they've made a decision, and only then they'll mail a letter, correct? They mentioned they should make a decision by 4/11 or so, but my admissions status still hasn't changed...
Did they say anything about how many seats were left?

And, correct. Said the same thing at my interview, but it took longer.

I'm also too struggling with the fact that I might have to attend DO school. How do you all that have been accepted make it through?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is insane. Does anyone actually want to go here?

Reactions: 1 users