2017-2018 Psychology Interview Invite Thread PhD./Psy.D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

does anyone know if all interview invites for the University of Missouri St. Louis have been extended (i.e., has an official email gone out yet)?

I'd really appreciate any info,

best

Members don't see this ad :)
School Name: University at Buffalo
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/12/17
Degree
: PhD
Type: Combined Counseling/School
Track: adult
Notified via:Email
Interview Date: 1/27/17 or 1/28/17
Additional Info:
e.g., social event Friday night

Hi guys,

does anyone know if all interview invites for the University of Missouri St. Louis have been extended (i.e., has an official email gone out yet)?

best
I applied to the program too - I haven't heard anything. Good luck!

School Name: Washington State University
Date Interview Invite Received: January 11
Degree: PhD
Type: Biological Psychology
Notified via: e-mail
Interview Date: TBD
Additional Info: Invited for On-Campus interview after Skype interview with POI

Has anyone heard from Wichita State University:clinical psychology yet?

Hi guys,

best

I'm pretty sure all invites have been extended, the program coordinator sent a mass email with itinerary and lodging options. Sorry :(

School Name: Widener University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/12/2017
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical Psychology
Notified via: e-mail
Interview Date: 2/1/2017
Additional Info: Tea/coffee and lunch is provided.

School Name: Wheaton College
Date Interview Invite Received: 09 January
Degree: Psy.D.
Type: Clinical
Notified via: email
Interview Date: 10 February
Additional Info:

School Name: University of Connecticut
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/10/17
Interview Date: 2/8 or 2/10
Additional Info: Dinner the night before the interview, lodging with grad students/transportation may be provided

School Name: Drexel University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/12/17
Notified via: phone call, then email
Interview Date: 2/16-2/17
Additional Info: social hour with grad students on 2/16, lodging with grad students may be provided but is not guaranteed

Members don't see this ad :)
Additional Info: Dinner the night before the interview, lodging with grad students/transportation may be provided

Congrats on the interview invite! Would you mind DM your POI's initials?

Congrats! Would you mind messaging me your POIs initials or area of interest? Thank you!

Last edited:
School Name: Drexel
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/13/17
Notified via: Phone, official email to follow
Interview Date: 2/16 - 2/17

Wasn't expecting this one...

School Name: Northeastern University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/13/17
Degree
: PhD
Type: Counseling
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/10/17
Additional Info:
dinner the night before

Would you mind DMing me your POI as well?!

School Name: University of Utah
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/13/2017
Type: School Psychology
Interview Date: 02/02 or 02/03
Social Event:02/02 evening with current graduate students

School Name: Michigan State University
Type: Behavioral Neuroscience
Interview Date: 2/20
Social Event: On-Campus Interview

School Name: Arizona State University
Type: Behavioral Neuroscience
Interview Date: 2/3
Social Event: On-Campus Interview

Has anyone heard from University of Toronto or Simon Fraser? (Apologies if this is a US only thread!)

Thanks!

Does anyone know if all University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) clinical interview invitations have been sent out?

Has anyone heard from John Jay College of Criminal Justice?

Does anyone know if all University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) clinical interview invitations have been sent out?

If you look on the first page of this thread, someone posted that they received an invite from UA on Dec. 16 for Jan. 27 interview, but they listed it as for the geropsychology concentration. If you look on grad cafe, someone posted about receiving an invite on Jan. 12 for a Feb. 10 interview, and they are apparently in the psychology and law concentration.

Based on these, I think each concentration in the clinical program might have their own interview date and therefore send out invites individually.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry if this is too off topic but when is a good time to email the POI/program to inquire if all invites have been extended? I've seen a few go out for a program im interested in and think that Friday was the deadline for interview notifications (just speculation).

Has anyone heard from the legal psych program of UT El Paso?

Sorry if this is too off topic but when is a good time to email the POI/program to inquire if all invites have been extended? I've seen a few go out for a program im interested in and think that Friday was the deadline for interview notifications (just speculation).
You don't really benefit from sending emails asking about this. As a faculty member it is awkward to answer these sorts of emails. What were you hoping to gain from the response? If they've all been sent, it won't move your position. If they've not been, it's not going to move your position...

You don't really benefit from sending emails asking about this. As a faculty member it is awkward to answer these sorts of emails. What were you hoping to gain from the response? If they've all been sent, it won't move your position. If they've not been, it's not going to move your position...

Mostly for planning purposes. This entire process is incredibly expensive and the earlier I know I'm not being considered is the quicker I can re-allocate funds...But I understand it can be awkward and why I wanted to throw it out to the forums. Thanks!

Mostly for planning purposes. This entire process is incredibly expensive and the earlier I know I'm not being considered is the quicker I can re-allocate funds...But I understand it can be awkward and why I wanted to throw it out to the forums. Thanks!
A bajillion years ago when I applied, I saw on SDN that one program had extended invites and rejections, and I hadn't heard back myself. When I emailed, POI was thrilled to hear from me -- they had extended me an invite but had been calling the wrong phone number. The program wasn't a great fit for me (and I don't know why they didn't try emailing me?), but if it's really going to affect your plans, maybe emails the dept coordinator/admin asst. If you're just getting antsy, wait it out.

A bajillion years ago when I applied, I saw on SDN that one program had extended invites and rejections, and I hadn't heard back myself. When I emailed, POI was thrilled to hear from me -- they had extended me an invite but had been calling the wrong phone number. The program wasn't a great fit for me (and I don't know why they didn't try emailing me?), but if it's really going to affect your plans, maybe emails the dept coordinator/admin asst. If you're just getting antsy, wait it out.

Thanks! I'm not gonna lie and say that a little bit of it isn't being antsy. But I have family friends who would love to house me and I wanted to give enough advance notice (if the program cannot provide housing) and not impose on their plans too much (and travel fare, etc etc)

Hi, all,
See below for a timeline from CUDCUP that might be useful to folks!

https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e
Thanks for sharing. :) And just to remind everyone, this calendar doesn't list all schools, and it can be inaccurate (it didn't match up with some of my other invitations which I prefer to keep private.). Hope this provides some encouragement of sorts to other folks waiting for invitations. C:

Thanks for sharing. :) And just to remind everyone, this calendar doesn't list all schools, and it can be inaccurate (it didn't match up with some of my other invitations which I prefer to keep private.). Hope this provides some encouragement of sorts to other folks waiting for invitations. C:
Good call; I didn't make the list and can't vouch for its accuracy. It was forwarded to me to post in the hopes that it might be useful and informative.

To add to this, Auburn's interview invite deadline is listed as the 8th, but I received an email from them saying interviews would be extended between the 9th and the end of January. Super helpful calendar, but I would guess the "interview invite" deadlines are a little less accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

School Name: Kent State
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/6/16
Interview Date: February 17th/18th weekend
Additional Info: Had pre-interview with POI the day prior

Would you please PM me your POI at Kent?

Had anyone heard from University of Akron for their counseling psych PhD?

School Name: University of Maryland - Baltimore County
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/14/17
Type: Clinical
Track:
Interview Date: 2/9 to 2/10
Additional Info: Onsite, housing with grad student offered.

School Name: Louisiana Tech University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/18/17
Type: Counseling Psychology
Track:
Interview Date: 2/11
Additional Info: Housing with grad student offered

Last edited:
School Name: West Virginia University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/18/17
Track:
Interview Date: 2/17
Additional Info: Social with graduate students following interview

School Name: University of Central Arkansas
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/20/17
Track:
Interview Date: 2/03
Additional Info: Details to follow

School Name: Arizona State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/20/17
Track:
Interview Date: Phone Interview
Additional Info:

Last edited:
Steppenwolf you're really raking them in! Its almost enough to make a girl jealous (read:salty) :p
On my end:

School Name: UNC Greensboro
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/17/17
Interview Date: 2/10/17 (Why is everyone and their grandmother interviewing on this date?!)
Additional Info: Housing with grad student and partial travel reimbursement

Last edited:
It's my third and final cycle. Hoping all the hard work pays off.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good luck man. Hopefully you get the good ending this go around. This is my second and I have only 1 more round in me if this cycle doesn't work out

Steppenwolf you're really raking them in! Its almost enough to make a girl jealous (read:salty) :p
On my end:

School Name: UNC Greensboro
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/17/17
Interview Date: 2/10/17 (Why is everyone and their grandmother interviewing on this date?!)
Additional Info: Housing with grad student and partial travel reimbursement
Awesome! I'm hoping to hear from this one soon :)