You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Universidad Central del Caribe
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I will be applying here. Vamoo a ver.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Money order and transcripts sent. Only half joking, but after the hurricanes, do these schools still exist?
We do still exist! MS1 here. We just concluded Biochem and are well into Huma Gross and Developmental Anatomy. Feel free to ask questions.Money order and transcripts sent. Only half joking, but after the hurricanes, do these schools still exist?
Hey guys, does anyone know the average gpa and mcat for ucc? Thank you and best of luck to everyone applying
Admission Requirements | UCC Admission
In PR, if you are above 500 you are in a good playing field. Minimum score 492. I am not entirely sure what the average numbers are but based on myfirst-yearr class GPA ~3.5 (+/- 0.2) MCAT range from 494-505 (average as I am sure there are exceptions)
I had an interview here in late November. I wonder if this is good? That the interview was "early"? I had gotten an email saying interviews were conducted from Jan-March so I was surprised when I got II in early Nov.
I had an interview here in late November. I wonder if this is good? That the interview was "early"? I had gotten an email saying interviews were conducted from Jan-March so I was surprised when I got II in early Nov.
Do you know if they will send acceptances before the end of this year? For those that have already interviewed. Did they tell you anything about response time when you interviewed?
I feel like interviewing before their normal interview dates is a good sign.
Do you know if they will send acceptances before the end of this year? For those that have already interviewed. Did they tell you anything about response time when you interviewed?
I feel like interviewing before their normal interview dates is a good sign.
Do you know if they will send acceptances before the end of this year? For those that have already interviewed. Did they tell you anything about response time when you interviewed?
I feel like interviewing before their normal interview dates is a good sign.
They straight up said they didn’t know the date the committee would meet. So could go either way. If it’s not before the year ends, then it should be in January. IF the news are good. If it’s bad news then you probably won’t know till probably March or April which is when they usually start waitlisting people...
I hope they send the acceptances for those that have already interviewed before holiday break, it will be rough to have to wait so long. I did notice that they usually do not start accepting until February (based on other years threads).They straight up said they didn’t know the date the committee would meet. So could go either way. If it’s not before the year ends, then it should be in January. IF the news are good. If it’s bad news then you probably won’t know till probably March or April which is when they usually start waitlisting people...
dis you interview?I hope they send the acceptances for those that have already interviewed before holiday break, it will be rough to have to wait so long. I did notice that they usually do not start accepting until February (based on other years threads).
No , but I hope they send out acceptances for those waiting & II for those that haven'tdis you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What I know from my experience last year is that the committee meets in late January early February. I got my acceptance before the end of February. However, I interviewed in late January.I hope they send the acceptances for those that have already interviewed before holiday break, it will be rough to have to wait so long. I did notice that they usually do not start accepting until February (based on other years threads).
It looks like those who interviewed won't hear back until next year, & no more II this year. The wait continuesWhat I know from my experience last year is that the committee meets in late January early February. I got my acceptance before the end of February. However, I interviewed in late January.
Through mail?They sent decision letters on dic 19
Has anyone been invited for interview this year? Those that interviewed, has anyone been accepted ?
I interviewed already, but I haven't received a decision letter. I called recently, and they told me decision letters haven't been sent yet.Has anyone been invited for interview this year? Those that interviewed, has anyone been accepted ?
This school officially trains quacks: it has started a school of chiropractic. If you graduate from here your credentials will forever be associated with quackery.
Don’t believe me? Go visit their website. They are proudly announcing their new chiropractic program.
Don’t believe me? Go visit their website. They are proudly announcing their new chiropractic program.
This school officially trains quacks: it has started a school of chiropractic. If you graduate from here your credentials will forever be associated with quackery.
Don’t believe me? Go visit their website. They are proudly announcing their new chiropractic program.
Well last I checked their MD program was still LCME accredited. It’s all good
It looks like those who interviewed won't hear back until next year, & no more II this year. The wait continues
They're not sending anymore IIs? I'm applying late and was going to submit my secondary fee this week but not sure if it's worth it now. Where did you hear they weren't giving out any more IIs?
No I meant in december 2017 they weren't sending out II. I haven't heard from the school. I'm waiting for II myself.They're not sending anymore IIs? I'm applying late and was going to submit my secondary fee this week but not sure if it's worth it now. Where did you hear they weren't giving out any more IIs?
No I meant in december 2017 they weren't sending out II. I haven't heard from the school. I'm waiting for II myself.
Hi! MS1 here.
Last year a big chunk of our class interviewed after January. Some were accepted in mid summer. Dont stress too much about it. I know the wait sucks but there is plenty of time to hear back from the school.
Stay Strong!!
interviewed late january, was told we would hear from them in mid february, so still waiting...thread is quiet. has anyone heard back from this school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone ! I interviewed in December and I am OOS. I called the school and they said we won't be hearing back until after February 17th. Anyone else waiting to hear back? Or has anyone been accepted already?
interviewed late january, was told we would hear from them in mid february, so still waiting...
I interviewed and November and have not heard back.
Nope. I haven't heard anything. Im hopeful to hear back soon! It's been 2+ months since my interview.has anyone received a decision?
waitlisted 🙁 is there a chance?
Of course ! Stay hopeful !waitlisted 🙁 is there a chance?
Waitlisted as well....
I was accepted in december and heard of other acceptances during January
Thanks for replying. Congratulations!
did you get an email beforehand?I was accepted in december and heard of other acceptances during January
What was the application process like for UCC?
Primary through AMCAS I’m assuming.
Secondary through email? Or is the secondary just paying a fee?
Interviews granted after secondary,
Then waiting for a response of acceptance?
Primary through AMCAS I’m assuming.
Secondary through email? Or is the secondary just paying a fee?
Interviews granted after secondary,
Then waiting for a response of acceptance?
Is it too late to apply and send in the $200 fee?did you get an email beforehand?
Is it too late to apply and send in the $200 fee?
It took about 3 months for me to get II after I paid the fee. I know someone who paid in early January and is still waiting. The process is very slow. You might be a bit late in the game but you can still try, just know it might take a while
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It took about 3 months for me to get II after I paid the fee. I know someone who paid in early January and is still waiting. The process is very slow. You might be a bit late in the game but you can still try, just know it might take a while
Yes they did let me know It wasn’t too late. If you were to send priority by the end of the week, it should be alright.
Also was told they are looking to conclude with interviews at the end of March in order to finialize decisions
Would you mind sharing your stats? I am OOS as well and am wondering what my chances are. Your time is much appreciated.Another OOS MS1 here. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I understand the struggle of trying to apply from the mainland. Éxito chicos!
yes please if you could share your stats. I am WL and was wondering what my chances are of getting accepted. Thank you!Would you mind sharing your stats? I am OOS as well and am wondering what my chances are. Your time is much appreciated.