2017-2018 Universidad Central del Caribe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no waitlist movement on my end

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Se enviaron decisiones por correo el jueves

Reactions: 1 user
¡Que bueno! ¿Sabes si es decisiones para Los de lista alterna o es mixto con los que no han recibido respuesta?

Entiendo que me dijeron que eran mixtas.

Waitlist. Received the letter yesterday. Lets hope the besttt!!:xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted!!!

I have to make a choice to go to PHSU or UCC. I have heard better things from UCC that from PHSU. Will decide soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
Blackoit thinking

Does a ms of UCC or anyone knows how UCC students match and in which residencies?

If I work hard abd have a killer step would I be able to get in a competitive residency?

Just a heads up a los que están waitlisted. Hoy UCC envió un email a alguna de las personas que han reservado su espacio aquí y en otras escuelas de medicina, que ya para el 30 de abril hay que decirle for sure si van a UCC o no. So don't lose faith guys, más espacios se van a abrir confien.

Just a heads up a los que están waitlisted. Hoy UCC envió un email a alguna de las personas que han reservado su espacio aquí y en otras escuelas de medicina, que ya para el 30 de abril hay que decirle for sure si van a UCC o no. So don't lose faith guys, más espacios se van a abrir confien.
¡Gracias!

Just declined my spot in UCC 2022, exito!

When did you get this email? I reserved my spot months ago but did not receive this

For those of you who wonder, acceptance are usually sent by e-mail, followed by regular mail notification. Denials are sent through mail.

For those of you who wonder, acceptance are usually sent by e-mail, followed by regular mail notification. Denials are sent through mail.
The email is sent way before ? Because I thought it was only mail.

Did someone create a facebook group yet? They seemed to have done that in the past years according to the old threads

When it is an acceptance, they usually email you saying that they sent a letter. Or the email could say that you are accepted. Could go both ways. And then you would receive a letter. But that’s only for acceptance. If you are WL or rejected, you do not get any emails. You just get a letter and that’s it.

The email is sent way before ? Because I thought it was only mail.
en

What if I haven't receive any interview yet?

Interviews at this stage are seldom given. Someone speculated that interviews were still given, however, I do not know personally whether it is true.

Got an email today, stating that a letter was sent with a new decision, hoping for the best.

Accepted from WL, but will decline the offer. Best of luck!!!

For those wondering, the AdCom had a meeting last Thursday but have not yet sent their decisions to the Admissions Office.

I called them and they said all of their responses from the AdCom had returned and that I was still slotted within the waitlist. They said the next deadline for newly-accepted students to pay for their slot was June 1st.

If slots remain available after the 1st, the next date for the AdCom to meet is the 14th of June. So according to the admissions office, we can hope for news after the 15th of June. Good luck to everybody! This is a tough waiting game we're in.

Do you have to speak Spanish or have ties to Puerto Rico to be considered at this school?

Do you have to speak Spanish or have ties to Puerto Rico to be considered at this school?
Yes, M3 and M4 are clinical years and you have to be able to communicate with patients in the language they speak which for Hospitals in Puerto Rico the language is Spanish. You can get away with doing M4 in the states but M3 will very likely be in Spanish.

Any current clinical students there? I have a couple of questions regarding 3rd and 4th year rotations at UCCaribe. Please PM me if you have time. Thanks!

Are the interviews in Spanish?

If you are not fluent in spanish, I wouldn't bother applying. You will be wasting your money, your time and the staff. Imagine if I go to a school in Nebraska and expect my interview to be in spanish... that will certainly not happen because the premise is that if I want to study in the main land, I should have enough domain of the language, otherwise chance of failing are very very high.

Does anyone knows if the school closed their cycle? Are they're gonna accept anyone from the WL? Don't know what to expect up to this point.