This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys it's Tuesday. Sometimes acceptances go out on Tuesdays. It's been 3 months since I applied. Let's gooooooo.
I'm feeling it today! You're gonna hear back today!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you request and get approved for the full amount? How fast do they process?

I called and applied over the phone. They called back the same day to let me know it was approved for the full amount. Then I had to sign some paperwork online and they sent it over to the financial aid office for certification. The whole process was pretty quick!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I applied only a few weeks before the deadline. I didnt submit my MCAT scores cause they were so low, but after reading this im wondering if i should email them and ask to attach them?? I just thought that including them would hurt me more than help me. They were really bad.. 13th percentile. However, I was recently accepted to Virginia Commonwealth University's Pre-med post bacc program contingent upon taking the GRE and scoring at least the 50th percentile. But I'd really like to wait to hear back from VCOM before committing to VCU.

So I applied only a few weeks before the deadline. I didnt submit my MCAT scores cause they were so low, but after reading this im wondering if i should email them and ask to attach them?? I just thought that including them would hurt me more than help me. They were really bad.. 13th percentile. However, I was recently accepted to Virginia Commonwealth University's Pre-med post bacc program contingent upon taking the GRE and scoring at least the 50th percentile. But I'd really like to wait to hear back from VCOM before committing to VCU.
Nah I wouldn't stress on sending them now. When I met the Dean he said they really don't look at it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Today is yalls day!
Im still freaking out, and I applied in april @_@, I just hope I hear back before my graduation. which by the sounds of it will take a miracle.

Good luck guys!!

Today is yalls day!
Im still freaking out, and I applied in april @_@, I just hope I hear back before my graduation. which by the sounds of it will take a miracle.

Yeah same here. I applied a bit late so I don't expect a reply until end of may (looking at last year's thread, people who applied end of march/beginning of April heard back end of may/beginning of June) just to give you a timeline. Good luck!!

Good luck guys!!

Yeah same here. I applied a bit late so I don't expect a reply until end of may (looking at last year's thread, people who applied end of march/beginning of April heard back end of may/beginning of June) just to give you a timeline. Good luck!!
I'm just worried because I applied a day before the deadline. I didnt know the program was a thing until before then :p. Since I don't have MCAT scores yet i'd really like to know, also so I can consider job opportunities

i sent Alisa Hewitt an email asking for an application update and she didnt email me back yet. i emailed her on friday.

I was looking today as well and "The Reserve at Knollwood, Crossing at Knollwood" are both relative biking/walking distance apartments. They range from 700-900 for 1-2 bedrooms.

Also do you guys thinks it's too early to start applying for the loans. I thought it said it had to be under 60 days before start date to apply for them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Its not too early, I already applied my loan. Thats one of the most important thing and you should get that done right away.

I didn't see the part about a 60 day limit either.. But I do see it now, I don't know how I missed that haha. I applied and was accepted through Wells Fargo and they told me that it's okay if it is longer than 60 days, that once I send in my end of things they will wait for certification through the school.

I got a 1B at Hethwood/Foxridge and the price isn't too bad it includes water, heat, and trash. I timed it and it is about 8 min away (like you mentioned). I looked at The Mill, Cedarfield, and Windsor Hill. Windsor Hill and Hethwood/Foxridge were the nicest in my opinion, but Windsor Hill is more pricey.
I also got an apartment in Hethwood/Foxridge. They have specific place for graduate/professional students. They have the best price besides the Mill. But I think they are much nicer compare to the Mill. The Windsor Hill is expensive and the rent does not include anything:(

Reactions: 1 users
I applied for Sallie Mae a week ago and haven't heard back from them about being approved or not.

I also applied and put a deposit on a place in Hethwood Complex. It's for grad students and professionals only. Includes most utilities but the one bedroom is gonna be $1039 a month! Everything seems really expensive...
I only paid 875 for one bedroom and its for grad students and professional as well. Thats expensive!

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are looking for an apartment before you get an acceptance

ACCEPTED!!! :claps::claps::claps::wow:

PS: Alisa had my file from AACOMAS in middle of Feb (Feb 16th). In addition, I also filled out the regular postbac application.

No mcat yet, taking it on 5/19, c3.2/s3.2 & 3.9 MPH gpa.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Look on Craigslist for apartments I got a 2 bed 1 bath for $860 in a nice area only 5- 10 mins away from school. And price includes everything except for electricity!

Also can we apply for loans now or do we have to wait 60 days prior to start date?

Also can we apply for loans now or do we have to wait 60 days prior to start date?

I called Mallory Case from FinancialAid and she said that we can submit and be approved but the school doesn't do their part until closer to the 30-60 day range. So basically go ahead to get it out the way.

if you guys know any girls looking for another girl to room with let me know!

Didn't you just apply last month?...

EDIT: Jk I see you're a transfer. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for you, but I'm frustrated that the transferring process gets you a priority over people applying directly.

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!! :claps::claps::claps::wow:

PS: Alisa had my file from AACOMAS in middle of Feb (Feb 16th). In addition, I also filled out the regular postbac application.

No mcat yet, taking it on 5/19, c3.2/s3.2 & 3.9 MPH gpa.

CONGRATS!!!

Didn't you just apply last month?...

EDIT: Jk I see you're a transfer. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for you, but I'm frustrated that the transferring process gets you a priority over people applying directly.

I really thought you would get in today as well. Did you call/email her today? I wouldn't loose hope though because I'm still pretty surprised they took me without an mcat score, so they will take you for sure! :xf:

Also, I didn't get any email saying my file was going for the admissions committee review. I sent an email to Alisa yesterday morning asking for an update and got the acceptance email today, directly.

I got accepted today around 3 pm! ☺️

For those who'd like to know more:
My file was complete on 3/13/17.
My DO application was transferred over.
3.1 cgpa and 3.05 sgpa after grade replacements. (3.9 gpa undergrad post bacc)
OOS.
Extracirriculars include: EMT, ER Scribe, and other non-health volunteering

Reactions: 5 users
I got accepted today around 3 pm! ☺️

For those who'd like to know more:
My file was complete on 3/13/17.
My DO application was transferred over.
3.1 cgpa and 3.05 sgpa after grade replacements. (3.9 gpa undergrad post bacc)
OOS.
Extracirriculars include: EMT, ER Scribe, and other non-health volunteering
I sent one follow up email about my status 2 weeks ago with the generic response of I'm in line to be reviewed and she didn't have a timeline for me.

I sent one follow up email about my status 2 weeks ago with the generic response of I'm in line to be reviewed and she didn't have a timeline for me.
I've got similar GPAs as you, with a higher MCAT. How did your cycle go?

Accepted students please join fb, so we can chat!

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly surprised I got accepted bc I told them to put mine on hold until my new MCAT comes in (May 23rd score release)

I applied with a 3.2 cGPA and prob right around a 3.0 sGPA
Loads of EC's (shadowing, volunteering diff hospitals and departments, community service, clubs, board position at fraternity, soccer captain, research, and am now working at a current scribe/MA at a pain clinic)

MCAT that I applied with was a lowly 492 (1st time) which means need to crush courses to get the VCOM interview but honestly my score come May 23rd should be right around 498+ so a 3.6 will suffice I believe.

What's everyones mood towards how this program will pan out in terms of getting us into medical school?

I'm actually applying to loads other programs (Marian, TUCOM-Ca, LECOM, and LMU)
Any thoughts on those programs vs this?

Cheers!

I really thought you would get in today as well. Did you call/email her today? I wouldn't loose hope though because I'm still pretty surprised they took me without an mcat score, so they will take you for sure! :xf:

Also, I didn't get any email saying my file was going for the admissions committee review. I sent an email to Alisa yesterday morning asking for an update and got the acceptance email today, directly.

i did the same thing and I didnt hear back means im gonna get a rejection

FYI - I'm a MI resident

As I mentioned above, I have applied to other post-bacc programs but those are all on hold for my new MCAT score... should I just bite the bullet the say **** it? LECOM is prob the best program other than VCOM from my list and honestly I'd rather be in pretty Virginia, than PA...

I think I'm going to accept my seat and continue with the process. In 3 weeks time I'll have my new MCAT score. If it's a 500+ I will most likely attend VCOM PB as well as apply via AACOMAS.

Anyone here a current student or completed the program in the past? Would appreciate any feedback regarding what to expect for each course, resources to use, and anything/everything related to the program and how to succeed? Thanks!

You won't know until it happens. In the meantime, hope for the best & try to be positive and have plans b, c and d, in case this doesn't work out!

true i do i have other plans. but this is like one of my fav programs. i love vcom

Just got my acceptace email! Submitted my app early Jan and was placed on "complete" status on the 30th of January. sGPA - 3.10 cGPA - 3.55, mcat-495. Excited and looking forward to meeting you all! :)

Reactions: 7 users
i emailed them asking for status on the application on friday and i still havent heard back and its already wednesday

Anyone here a current student or completed the program in the past? Would appreciate any feedback regarding what to expect for each course, resources to use, and anything/everything related to the program and how to succeed? Thanks!

Look at earlier posts, there is a current PostBac student that is answering questions. I asked him about the workload and he stated that they cover 25 chapters a week. You can also look at the Facebook page from previous years and look at shared study resources and recorded lectures to get a feel for the program.

Does anyone know how vcom is towards students applying from UVA? anyone from UVA on here, either current or prospective students? I would really really love some input from you all! PS. congrats to all the accepted people!!!!

if you guys know any girls looking for another girl to room with let me know!
Go on the vcom Facebook group. There have been recent posts about two girls looking for a girl as their their roomate.

Does anyone know how vcom is towards students applying from UVA? anyone from UVA on here, either current or prospective students? I would really really love some input from you all! PS. congrats to all the accepted people!!!!

I mean, they have high instate bias. I don't know if UVA specifically gives you an edge, but simply going to UVA probably gives you that bias.

I mean, they have high instate bias. I don't know if UVA specifically gives you an edge, but simply going to UVA probably gives you that bias.
"High instate bias" - but I'm from MI and got an acceptance and many others on this thread are from south and west as well so I wouldn't say high really, but they are bias nonetheless you are correct.