This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'M IN!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

With retakes I was around a 3.1 cGPA with a higher sGPA. 28 MCAT, almost 500 hrs volunteering. I can't believe I'm finally getting a shot. This literally changes my life.

With retakes I was around a 3.1 cGPA with a higher sGPA. 28 MCAT, almost 500 hrs volunteering. I can't believe I'm finally getting a shot. This literally changes my life.
Congrats!!! Go join the Facebook group!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good! Go find an apartment now! They are moving fast! I would look at Ridgewood and The Mill first.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ahhh I can't quite yet because I don't know if my girlfriend is coming with me. I need to figure out if she's getting into grad school or coming with me yet. At least I can get my loans going!

With retakes I was around a 3.1 cGPA with a higher sGPA. 28 MCAT, almost 500 hrs volunteering. I can't believe I'm finally getting a shot. This literally changes my life.[/QUOT
Ahhh I can't quite yet because I don't know if my girlfriend is coming with me. I need to figure out if she's getting into grad school or coming with me yet. At least I can get my loans going!

nice dude congrats!!!!!

AHH FINALLY, congrats!!!

Does anyone know how classes are graded? Are they curved? I was accepted into TouroCOM Harlem M.S program and I am weighing whether to switch to this program if accepted instead. I just received an email about applying with a special deadline extension.

I have been following this thread for over a month because you posted a lot in it and your profile picture is weird- just to see if you get in. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
I have been following this thread for over a month because you posted a lot in it and your profile picture is weird- just to see if you get in. Congrats!

That's so funny and thank you! My picture is from the game "League of Legends" which I used to play. There's a ninja rabbit thing named "Kennen" who you can purchase a skin for to make him look like a doctor "Kennen M.D."

latest

I am extremely happy for you. I'm so glad you got it man

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am extremely happy for you. I'm so glad you got it man

Thanks. Everyone has been so supportive and I've held on for a long time. I'm ready to finally get my life moving forward.

Thanks. Everyone has been so supportive and I've held on for a long time. I'm ready to finally get my life moving forward.

CONGRATS!!!!!!

I've been following you this thread. I'm still waiting on my decision, but hopefully I'll see you there!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

I've been following you this thread. I'm still waiting on my decision, but hopefully I'll see you there!

Thank you! Did I tell you I've thought about this program so much I've had dreams about your avatar on here? Is that weird or what?

Members don't see this ad :)

Kelminak! I've been pulling for you due to your never ending tenacity. Now go to VCOM and get that 3.6!

That's so funny and thank you! My picture is from the game "League of Legends" which I used to play. There's a ninja rabbit thing named "Kennen" who you can purchase a skin for to make him look like a doctor "Kennen M.D."
Ah, I know Kennen but I didn't recognize the crop.

What's y'alls ages? Cause I feel like I'm really young compared to you guys

IT"S ABOUT TIME. I was rooting for you! Congratulations!

Does anyone know how classes are graded? Are they curved? I was accepted into TouroCOM Harlem M.S program and I am weighing whether to switch to this program if accepted instead. I just received an email about applying with a special deadline extension.

Classes, exams, coursework and quizzes are not curved. If there is a question that is particularly horrible stat's wise, they may throw it. But never go in to the exam hoping that questions get thrown. Doesn't happen often.

Yeah, I also think it's possible to maintain a good gpa in the VCOM program because the way the curriculum is. It seems very balanced between the two terms.
Especially, the bolded courses below will require more effort than others. Hopefully, more current students in the program respond. :shrug:

Fall
:
  • Neuroscience (2)
  • Biochemistry (3)
  • Medical Anatomy (3)
  • Cell Physiology (3)
  • Health Policy and Social Determinants of Health (3)
  • Nutrition (3)
  • Spring:
    • Immunology (3)
    • Histology and Embryology (4)
    • Microbiology (3)
    • Field Seminar (2)
    • Research and Biostatistics (3)
    • Clinical Prevention and Public Health (3)

There is a lot of pressure in the Fall and if you come in not knowing how to study a lot of material at the same time, it's even more stressful. The biggest thing is getting used to the pace and the volume of material. Once you have that down, it's really not that difficult (in my eyes- but this is very subjective) The courses you bolded are more time intensive, but I wouldn't underestimate Nutrition. Be prepared to read the textbook (which you really don't have to do with any other class besides Embryology), relisten to lectures and know your stuff inside and out. If you've never taken an Immunology course, get ready. It's overwhelming and the amount of fine detail is nauseating. You'll be able to get a sense of how much time will be required for each subject when you're in lecture. If the professor is talking and I literally have no comprehension of what he is saying- I know I'm going to be spending extra time outside of lecture figuring it out.

Reactions: 4 users
There is a lot of pressure in the Fall and if you come in not knowing how to study a lot of material at the same time, it's even more stressful. The biggest thing is getting used to the pace and the volume of material. Once you have that down, it's really not that difficult (in my eyes- but this is very subjective) The courses you bolded are more time intensive, but I wouldn't underestimate Nutrition. Be prepared to read the textbook (which you really don't have to do with any other class besides Embryology), relisten to lectures and know your stuff inside and out. If you've never taken an Immunology course, get ready. It's overwhelming and the amount of fine detail is nauseating. You'll be able to get a sense of how much time will be required for each subject when you're in lecture. If the professor is talking and I literally have no comprehension of what he is saying- I know I'm going to be spending extra time outside of lecture figuring it out.
Thank you for being so helpful in this whole process! How much time do you spend studying for each? And do the exam dates conflict often for the different subjects?

24 in a 1 week

For accuracy, it's 20 chapters a week. Sorry for the over exaggeration. However when you get to embryology, it's not uncommon for the professor to do up to 3 chapters in a 2 hour span.

Thank you for being so helpful in this whole process! How much time do you spend studying for each? And do the exam dates conflict often for the different subjects?

Again, the time spent studying is really subjective. I would go to morning class, eat lunch, study, gym, dinner, and study until I got through everything. Some weeks I'd have continuous 12 hour study days (outside of class). Other weeks I could throw in the towel around 5. It just depended on comprehension and what exams were that week. I don't know what you mean about the exam dates conflicting? You usually have an exam on every Monday starting in the beginning, then it turns to Monday-Friday-Monday for a little while, and then back to single exams a week. When you're in a Monday-Friday-Monday stretch you learn very quickly to divide your time- no luxury for studying 1 subject at a time, you're simultaneously switching between every subject and judging how much effort to put in for both. Best of luck to everyone!

IT"S ABOUT TIME. I was rooting for you! Congratulations!

Thanks! Us PNWers have to stick together :)

For accuracy, it's 20 chapters a week. Sorry for the over exaggeration. However when you get to embryology, it's not uncommon for the professor to do up to 3 chapters in a 2 hour span.

Again, the time spent studying is really subjective. I would go to morning class, eat lunch, study, gym, dinner, and study until I got through everything. Some weeks I'd have continuous 12 hour study days (outside of class). Other weeks I could throw in the towel around 5. It just depended on comprehension and what exams were that week. I don't know what you mean about the exam dates conflicting? You usually have an exam on every Monday starting in the beginning, then it turns to Monday-Friday-Monday for a little while, and then back to single exams a week. When you're in a Monday-Friday-Monday stretch you learn very quickly to divide your time- no luxury for studying 1 subject at a time, you're simultaneously switching between every subject and judging how much effort to put in for both. Best of luck to everyone!

Thank you for these details. I'm really nervous about being able to keep up, but I'm sure anyone can do it if they are willing to put in time. I'm sure all of the knowledge pays off in M1 too!

Are there any apartments walking distance to VCOM for classes?
What sort of bus time are we talking for Terrace View or Windsor Hills?

Last edited:
Are there any apartments walking distance to VCOM for classes?
What sort of bus time are we talking for Terrace View or Windsor Hills?

Hey! Are you also looking at Terrace View?
I was thinking about getting my apartment there, but the reviews I read about them threw me off.

The Reserve at Knollwoods is a 9 minute walk to VCOM, but all the 1 bedrooms have been taken since 2016 and they don't anticipate any availability until 2018.

Hey! Are you also looking at Terrace View?
I was thinking about getting my apartment there, but the reviews I read about them threw me off.

The Reserve at Knollwoods is a 9 minute walk to VCOM, but all the 1 bedrooms have been taken since 2016 and they don't anticipate any availability until 2018.
Terrace View and Windsor Hills seemed straight but so far... hour by bus? Not walkable distance apparently.

Terrace View and Windsor Hills seemed straight but so far... hour by bus? Not walkable distance apparently.

A hour on the bus? Those apartments are only 10-15 mins max away if you are driving. I believe walking would take about 45-60 minutes from those apartments.

A hour on the bus? Those apartments are only 10-15 mins max away if you are driving. I believe walking would take about 45-60 minutes from those apartments.
Idk man the transit google maps option thing says 1 hr but that's gotta be wrong, right?

Invest in a bike? Excellent cardio and you'll get there in 15 min.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

I've been waitlisted. Current or former students, did you all have classmates that were accepted off of waitlist?