This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Couldn't agree with this more. VCOM really pushes group studying and i'll be the first to say it wasn't working for me. It may have made for a little lonelier year, but I wouldn't have made it if I forced myself to group study for the whole program. But that is just me. I'd study by myself and then do a run through the night before an exam with my study partner. Take everything in stride, realize no one is the same and don't feel bad about it.

This makes me feel better!
I thought I was the only one who can't study in a group.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys applying to VCOM via AACOMAS prior to GCP class start?

I figured a lot of us will be applying this cycle through AACOMAS along with completing this program, and many of us have lack luster GPA's, so I thought I'd compile a list of the different DO schools and their screening GPA's. I'm unsure with a few of the DO schools, so if anyone can fill in the gaps, that'd be great! Enjoy!
Are those GPA cut offs for cGPA or sGPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think everyone has been honest on the amount of time and dedication this program is going to take. There is no question about that. It's been fully documented on all the forums here.

You're right. It's a small town and the rumors can get bad (I personally stayed out of the library). He/She is right. My best advice? Just go straight to Dr. Hill if you have a question. So many people are too terrified to bring anything up. I don't know if it was just due to lack of prior professional encounters or what. I was never afraid to ask questions and I never had any issue with faculty.

Keep your head down, don't get involved in the neurotic drama and do your best.

How do you feel about the class difficulty in the Spring versus the Fall? Are you spending roughly the same time studying in the Spring? From the curriculum, the Spring looks to be easier, but that can always be misleading.

Also, I might have missed it, but which campus did you get an acceptance to? Since we're from the same area, maybe it'll give me an idea of where they'll put me too.

Oh also also, how did you go about moving across the country? UHaul? Moving company?

Both cumulative and science
I'm only going to apply AACOMAS to other schools if my MCAT is north of 500. I get my score Tuesday.

Has anyone accepted into GCP applied to AACOMAS to VCOM yet? I'm pretty sure we need to at some point - better to wait for further instruction from them once classes start though?

I'm only going to apply AACOMAS to other schools if my MCAT is north of 500. I get my score Tuesday.

Has anyone accepted into GCP applied to AACOMAS to VCOM yet? I'm pretty sure we need to at some point - better to wait for further instruction from them once classes start though?

I wouldn't do anything until you're instructed. I'm going to write the primary/secondaries in advance though so I don't have to screw with that while I'm studying.

How do you feel about the class difficulty in the Spring versus the Fall? Are you spending roughly the same time studying in the Spring? From the curriculum, the Spring looks to be easier, but that can always be misleading.

Also, I might have missed it, but which campus did you get an acceptance to? Since we're from the same area, maybe it'll give me an idea of where they'll put me too.

Oh also also, how did you go about moving across the country? UHaul? Moving company?

I think it's hard to judge. It was an adjustment to the material in the Fall, but I didn't think it was extremely difficult material. You have more to do in Fall then in the Spring. However I thought the content in the spring was more intellectually difficult. Histo/Embryo/Immuno were challenging subjects with obscene amounts of information to master. Other people thought oppositely, so it's hard to say. Best bet is to KILL IT in the Fall.

I got accepted to the VA campus but my situation was unique and not the norm- I wouldn't compare the situations. I believe only 11 people got accepted to the VA campus, more than 30+ were sent to South Carolina (not sure of the amount in Auburn) They tell you from the beginning to be prepared to move anywhere.

I sold everything besides what could fit in my vehicle and started over on this side!

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't do anything until you're instructed. I'm going to write the primary/secondaries in advance though so I don't have to screw with that while I'm studying.
Shoot me those primaries/secondaries please?!

applied around February as well. havent heard back :((((((
Does this mean I'm rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
applied around February as well. havent heard back :((((((
Does this mean I'm rejected?

It's not over until it's over. Keep the hopes up. Only about 60+ people on facebook so far (and some of them are current students)...so there is a chance!

When applying for the Private loan, do we choose Certificate under study and the total amount of 39,418? Thanks!
I heard that people have applied to WF selecting graduate loan - that's what I'm going to try

Yeah, I will try that as well since things with SallieMae didn't go too well. All these years and the program is only privately funded...:grumpy:
If you don't mind me asking, what happened with Sallie Mae?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with Sallie Mae?

I have some past loans, did not work for a while and do not want to use a cosigner, which equals a rejection. They're saying to use a cosigner and try again, but I will try WF for now. I don't feel comfortable having another family's name on this loan since its like 50/50 to make it!

I have some past loans, did not work for a while and do not want to use a cosigner, which equals a rejection. They're saying to use a cosigner and try again, but I will try WF for now. I don't feel comfortable having another family's name on this loan since its like 50/50 to make it!

I think you'll be less grumpy when we get our med school acceptances come the end of Fall. ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Btw, for WF, I chose the following options in order: graduate loan, student, 1st-year graduate, Osteopathic Medicine, US Citizen.

When I hit Submit, I see this: :laugh:; So I guess its the MedCap loan!
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 1.07.52 PM.png

Btw, for WF, I chose the following options in order: graduate loan, student, 1st-year graduate, Osteopathic Medicine, US Citizen.

When I hit Submit, I see this: ; So I guess its the MedCap loan!
View attachment 219444
Lolol I'm actually going to Wells Fargo to apply in person. I'll keep you guys/gals updated on the process and which loan it is

When I hit Submit, I see this: :laugh:; So I guess its the MedCap loan!
View attachment 219444

If all else fails you can in the end try lowering what your asking to just cover tuition. Idk if you have family that can help support you with the living expenses or you can open a line of credit with your bank on the side as well for that or ask them to consign a personal loan separate from this. All the school really cares about is the tuition.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah, I will try that as well since things with SallieMae didn't go too well. All these years and the program is only privately funded...:grumpy:

If all else fails you can in the end try lowering what your asking to just cover tuition. Idk if you have family that can help support you with the living expenses or you can open a line of credit with your bank on the side as well for that or ask them to consign a personal loan separate from this. All the school really cares about is the tuition.

My dad cosigning for the loan came in clutch for Sallie Mae. I wouldn't have been accepted otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users
Is this any good? I am so new to this loan process.

I'm not sure how good the graduate loan is from WF, but this seems fine as well. They have a variable interest rate at 4.49% and a fixed at 7.2%.
Just re-read everything you sign and before accepting the loan.

hey @DexterMorganSK @adrian710 @zashah26 I applied with WF and got denied straight up. Then I applied to Sallie with the full amount (~40K) and got denied due to a combination of my credit history and loan amount. Then I applied for a lower payment with a cosigner and for approved with sallie mae. The rest, my parents agreed on helping me on a monthly basis for living expenses. The fixed interest for sallies mae seemed to be a little high (7-8%), but nonetheless I was happy to got approved for the loan. Private loans suck! Hopefully this is the last private loan I take out for my education.

hey @DexterMorganSK @adrian710 @zashah26 I applied with WF and got denied straight up. Then I applied to Sallie with the full amount (~40K) and got denied due to a combination of my credit history and loan amount. Then I applied for a lower payment with a cosigner and for approved with sallie mae. The rest, my parents agreed on helping me on a monthly basis for living expenses. The fixed interest for sallies mae seemed to be a little high (7-8%), but nonetheless I was happy to got approved for the loan. Private loans suck! Hopefully this is the last private loan I take out for my education.
PREACH! I got approved for WF, fixed Interest rate of 8%. I did a budget of 43, and my mom suggested a 2k buffer room so I trusted her and 45.

I did the graduate loan, I said my field of study was Biological Sciences and I was getting a master's. There was no option for certificate program. Hopefully the school approves it and it comes back ok.

I never want to get a private loan again.

Reactions: 1 users
PREACH! I got approved for WF, fixed Interest rate of 8%. I did a budget of 43, and my mom suggested a 2k buffer room so I trusted her and 45.

I did the graduate loan, I said my field of study was Biological Sciences and I was getting a master's. There was no option for certificate program. Hopefully the school approves it and it comes back ok.

NICE! Congrats man. That wiggle room was what I was looking for too because the rent and car payment on the "suggested list" was way off lol but din't work out for me. Thankfully I have supportive parents. :bow: As long as its OK from the bank, i am sure it'l work out. The financial aid people said they just give the bank proof of enrollment and the admission office makes sure the student has enough money or support to ensure there is no hardship during classes.

For WF loan (with cosigner) - does the cosigner fill out the info or does the student?

For WF loan (with cosigner) - does the cosigner fill out the info or does the student?
Not 100 sure but I would just do student. They'll tell you what the cosigner has to sign.

I didn't have one though so I'm not 100% sure.

you can complete it all by yourself, indicate that you will have a cosigner. If a cosigner is a family member then you both can complete it at the same time or WF will email the cosigner with all the needed steps.

Hey! I'm applying at WF too. I'm currently waiting for VCOM to send them whatever information they need. Do you know how long this part of the process takes?

Hey! I'm applying at WF too. I'm currently waiting for VCOM to send them whatever information they need. Do you know how long this part of the process takes?
I was told that they do it in may just not sure what exact date in may

I was told that they do it in may just not sure what exact date in may

Ohh okay.
My consigner and I got an email saying that the loan is "conditionally approved" and to sign a few documents.
And when I checked online it said they were waiting for VCOM. So i don't know if that means if I got the loan or not? I've never done this before

Ohh okay.
My consigner and I got an email saying that the loan is "conditionally approved" and to sign a few documents.
And when I checked online it said they were waiting for VCOM. So i don't know if that means if I got the loan or not? I've never done this before

Yeah, you will get the loan. The bank has to certify that you will be a student at Vcom. I'm in the same process and hopefully, this will not take more than a week.

VCOM financial aid office said they would start approving loan apps 30-60 days from class start date.

Hey guys, so I don't have an undergraduate degree. I just complete my Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Rutgers University with a 3.066 GPA. I don't really know how to calculate my science gpa because I didn't take the traditional undergraduate route and I was in a 6 year program. I am really interested in applying for this post bacc program and I would like other's feedback if i would be a competitive candidate.

If I calculate my science GPA using biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics, it is only a 2.4 (due to circumstances I did not do as well during my first few years in college). however this does not take into account all the science classes I took for the pharmacy major and I am not sure if they count as science

I have good ECs, A lot of clinical and work experience since I am a pharmacy major.

I still need to take the MCAT.

If anyone can give feedback I would greatly appreciate it!!

Hey guys, so I don't have an undergraduate degree. I just complete my Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Rutgers University with a 3.066 GPA. I don't really know how to calculate my science gpa because I didn't take the traditional undergraduate route and I was in a 6 year program. I am really interested in applying for this post bacc program and I would like other's feedback if i would be a competitive candidate.

If I calculate my science GPA using biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics, it is only a 2.4 (due to circumstances I did not do as well during my first few years in college). however this does not take into account all the science classes I took for the pharmacy major and I am not sure if they count as science

I have good ECs, A lot of clinical and work experience since I am a pharmacy major.

I still need to take the MCAT.

If anyone can give feedback I would greatly appreciate it!!

You just finished a doctorate degree and you're already wanting to go back to school for another 5 years + residency? You're at risk of being considered a "serial student" at the moment. Why the sudden drop before even working in pharmacy? Also, it's honestly pretty late to apply at this point but you don't lose much by trying.

Here's the link you're needing for SGPA: http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacomas...-history-2/aacomas-course-subjects/index.html

i still havent heard back i applied back in february

so i emailed vcom and they said on may 4 that my application was in queque and that was it.

so i emailed vcom and they said on may 4 that my application was in queque and that was it.

Nothing more you can do man. You'll just have to keep being patient. They're very slow. There's still a lot of seats left too.

if i emailed on may 4th for an update should i email again

should i email them asking them for an update incase i missed the email for whatever reason

When did you apply? Did you transfer from DO program? Mind sharing your stats?
No I didnt transfer from DO program. I submitted my application Feb 16. It was complete on March 1st. around 3.2 spga; NO mcat I am a Missouri resident;