2018-2019 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCSD/VA
-Track (if applicable): VA
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-Date of Notification: 11/20/2017
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Mass Email
-Interview Date(s): 1/8, 1/9, 1/10, 1/11, 1/12
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: Crafting and bullet journaling!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Same exact thing
I’m holding out a little hope
You never know
But also preparing
Shall we get in a circle and cross our fingers and toes together (for luck), while we also balance a carton of ice cream (for possible bad news)???

Reactions: 1 users
Shall we get in a circle and cross our fingers and toes together (for luck), while we also balance a carton of ice cream (for possible bad news)???

This sounds like a perfect plan

Members don't see this ad :)

Done. Doing this now. Even though I'm in the lab and the participant and my colleagues may question my decisions, if it brings on the interviews then who cares?! :highfive:

You guys are my rock

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone holding out any hope that mass emails come in waves - even for the same track? I feel like I should prepare myself for a rejection but I don't want to and I'm really bummed about Nemours =(
I'm with you! Still no word from them.

Reactions: 1 user
What. a. Day. :cat:

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Mailman Center for Child Development
Expressed interest in ASD/Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Rotation (But don't need to elect rotation until ranking)
Invite!
11/20/2017 7:10 p.m. EST
Personalized Email (Request for faculty to meet with during interview)
Open House Dates: January 4, 9 & 12

Sarah A. Reed Children's Center
Invite!
11/20/2017 7:10 p.m. EST
Phone Call from Training Director
Interview Dates: 12/14; 1/4; 1/12 (Choose Morning or Afternoon)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You heard back from them? Or..?? I saw invites went out last week but I didn't hear either way. I'm interpreting it as a rejection...

Got an invite for the child track! I edited my initial post. I think they just went out, don't lose hope!

Got an invite for the child track! I edited my initial post. I think they just went out, don't lose hope!
Congrats!! I was waiting on them for the child track. Assuming that since it was a mass email, I can assume that it’s a rejection heading my way.

I feel like you all will appreciate this: according to my data (AKA my ridiculously long and detailed spreadsheet that has legit taken on a life of its own at this point), 2 of my sites are likely to extend offers tomorrow (or the day after...or who actually knows at this point, but anyway). I have known this for over a week now. On 2 occasions over the last 3 days, I've had a dream where I'm driving home for Thanksgiving on Tuesday afternoon, I get an email and try to check it, and then crash my car into a semi-truck on I-40 and die in a huge flaming fireball.

I'ma drive home tomorrow like o_O and do my best not to die.

I feel like you all will appreciate this: according to my data (AKA my ridiculously long and detailed spreadsheet that has legit taken on a life of its own at this point), 2 of my sites are likely to extend offers tomorrow (or the day after...or who actually knows at this point, but anyway). I have known this for over a week now. On 2 occasions over the last 3 days, I've had a dream where I'm driving home for Thanksgiving on Tuesday afternoon, I get an email and try to check it, and then crash my car into a semi-truck on I-40 and die in a huge flaming fireball.

No no. Pull over. We are all one big internship family and we can't lose our leader :biglove:

Reactions: 5 users

We need you, Slaney! Stay safe! I'll be on the road, too. Let's all make a pact not to text/read emails and drive!!

I don't know about you guys, but I don't know how to handle the silence.

I've had at least 4-5 sites mail peers on here with interviews/rejections, and its been several days. Does this mean I'm screwed? Alive? I can't take the limbo anymore...

-Full Site Name (please use the full name - to keep the list in alphabetical order) - California Pacific Medical Center
-Track (if applicable) - Women's Mental Health
-Invite or rejection - Invite
-Date of Notification - 11/20/17
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone) - personal email
-Interview Date(s) - 1/5
-If & How You’re Staying Sane - Hah!

I've had at least 4-5 sites mail peers on here with interviews/rejections, and its been several days. Does this mean I'm screwed? Alive? I can't take the limbo anymore...

There are a few of us on here who are right there with you. It is the WORST and I would take a rejection at this point. We are all in this together :highfive:

Well I'm fairly certain the invites for WPIC in Pittsburgh go out tomorrow!

Omfg. Ok. I can totally handle that..

I am working tomorrow so will be safely (albeit neurotically) checking my email from externship..

There are a few of us on here who are right there with you. It is the WORST and I would take a rejection at this point. We are all in this together :highfive:

Glad I'm not the only one. It's strange...

At this point, just REJECT ME SO I CAN GET ON WITH MAI LIFE...

I totally get the sentiment. I'm flying home tomorrow and am STRESSED about being in an airplane without internet access for that long. What am I going to do if I can't constantly refresh my email??? The only thing getting me through it is visualizing getting off the plane to a few interview invites (wishful thinking).

But please, everyone, let's be safe. All this stress will have been for nothing if we die before matching!!! Match first, and then we can do all the texting and driving that we want ;)

Reactions: 2 users
-Full Site Name (please use the full name - to keep the list in alphabetical order) - California Pacific Medical Center
-Track (if applicable) - Women's Mental Health
-Invite or rejection - Invite
-Date of Notification - 11/20/17
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone) - personal email
-Interview Date(s) - 1/5
-If & How You’re Staying Sane - Hah!

Shooooot! I was enjoying the quiet bliss from this side of America. Now I can be anxious again with CPMC starting to notify ugh. Congrats on the invite!

are these notifications coming in the evening? are we literally never safe?
is thanksgiving day even safe?
although at this point i'm really not for silence, if everyone (acceptance rejections whatever you got) emailed me on thanksgiving day i'd be okay with that

Shooooot! I was enjoying the quiet bliss from this side of America. Now I can be anxious again with CPMC starting to notify ugh. Congrats on the invite!

Thanks! First one...my neuroses were really starting to act up ;P

although at this point i'm really not for silence, if everyone (acceptance rejections whatever you got) emailed me on thanksgiving day i'd be okay with that

These have pretty much been my exact thoughts today lol

Arkansas Division of Behavioral Health Services-Arkansas State Hospital
Rejection
11/20/17
Mass E-mail
With 6 rejections and 0 invites....there is no such thing as sanity now.

No no. Pull over. We are all one big internship family and we can't lose our leader :biglove:

We need you, Slaney! Stay safe! I'll be on the road, too. Let's all make a pact not to text/read emails and drive!!
Y'all are just #goals right now! I have already decided I'll just have to suck it up and drive in the slow lane with the semis so I can easily pull over if need be tomorrow. Active problem solving right here!
I totally get the sentiment. I'm flying home tomorrow and am STRESSED about being in an airplane without internet access for that long. What am I going to do if I can't constantly refresh my email??? The only thing getting me through it is visualizing getting off the plane to a few interview invites (wishful thinking).

But please, everyone, let's be safe. All this stress will have been for nothing if we die before matching!!! Match first, and then we can do all the texting and driving that we want ;)
Wishing you safe travels and a good news upon landing!!! That would be so amazing!!
I've made this point a couple times and it's definitely worth repeating (for you and me both, my friend!): it ain't over until you get a rejection! I've had 2 cases of seeing invites go out and having to wait a few days before I got an invite too. You don't know until you know! Sending good thoughts your way :). Waiting is the literal worst.

I've made this point a couple times and it's definitely worth repeating (for you and me both, my friend!): it ain't over until you get a rejection! I've had 2 cases of seeing invites go out and having to wait a few days before I got an invite too. You don't know until you know! Sending good thoughts your way :). Waiting is the literal worst.

I agree that this is definitely true! but for data, do you mind sharing if they were personal or mass emails?

-Full Site Name: Texas State University Counseling Center
-Track (if applicable) N/A
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): mass email
-Interview Date(s): 12/18/2017; 1/8/2018 (for on-site) 12/15/2017, 12/19/2017, 1/9/2018 (for phone)
-If & How You’re Staying Sane: not LOL

Rejection
11/20/17
Mass E-mail
That is brutal--so sorry. Cheers to your invites rolling in with a gusto!

Y'all are just #goals right now! I have already decided I'll just have to suck it up and drive in the slow lane with the semis so I can easily pull over if need be tomorrow. Active problem solving right here!

Wishing you safe travels and a good news upon landing!!! That would be so amazing!!

You really are like the superhero of this forum:) Thanks for the supportive words, hoping for the best. Wishing you the best too.

Rejection
11/20/17
Mass E-mail

Rejections will always come first. I feel you. My interview haul has been meager at best; just hang tight. I keep trying to follow the wise words of the warriors here who seem to be coping better:)

Rejection
11/20/17
Mass E-mail
Sending the best vibes I've got your way! And wishing you peace and encouragement and the hope that you remember you are a bomb-ass applicant as well :)
I agree that this is definitely true! but for data, do you mind sharing if they were personal or mass emails?
For all of the invites, or the ones I had to wait a bit on? For the latter, one was a phone call and the other was an email with an attachment that had my name on it (so semi-personal?)

Sending the best vibes I've got your way! And wishing you peace and encouragement and the hope that you remember you are a bomb-ass applicant as well.

For all of the invites, or the ones I had to wait a bit on? For the latter, one was a phone call and the other was an email with an attachment that had my name on it (so semi-personal?)
thanks!

I DON'T KNOW WHY people don't want notifications 24/7. It stresses me out 800x more when it's the weekend or the freaking holidays and there is no chance of anything other than waiting. This weekend was just spent passing the time until Monday. To no avail. I hate patience.

You really are like the superhero of this forum:) Thanks for the supportive words, hoping for the best. Wishing you the best too.
I'm hellllllllllaaaaaaa anxious and neurotic about this whole thing, but I do at least try to laugh about it all. I'm glad that offers encouragement to others! I am rooting for all of us!! I appreciate everyone being supportive and kind...it makes everyone an easy bunch to root for :)

Full Site Name: VAMHCS/UM SOM Psychology Internship Consortium
-Track (if applicable) Trauma Recovery Track
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): mass email
-Interview Date(s): 1/18/18 and 1/25/18

They should not be allowed to email this late at night. Heart attack spikes around the holidays may be due to internship interview notifications.

Kennedy Krieger
Neurobehavioral Continuum and Pediatric Developmental Disorders Tracks
Rejection (Expected womp womp)
Notified via Mass Email at 9:50 pm EST
Keep on, keepin' on everyone!

Last edited:
-Full Site Name: UCSF Clinical Psychology Training Program
-Track (if applicable): Public Service & Minority
-Invite or rejection: Rejection (whomp whomp whomp - it was a long shot)
-Date of Notification: 11/20/17
-How You Were Notified: Mass email

I suppose a rejection and an invite in the same date is balancing out the universe or something. I have this fear that I'm not going to be invited to any of the academic medical centers....

Kennedy Krieger
Rejection (Expected womp womp)
Notified via Mass Email at 9:50 pm EST
Keep on, keepin' on everyone!

Ditto on the rejection :( this one really bummed me out, it was by far one of my top sites....I’m at 1 invite, 2 rejections, 16 radio-silences - tomorrow shall be another day!

84D47244-75EF-4FED-8F41-B4FAED43F5B3.jpeg

This one has been getting me through the last couple weeks :)
empty-prints_2b34bbf4-756d-4a7c-8fc8-6b3b1dc01cd5_large.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Ditto on the rejection :( this one really bummed me out, it was by far one of my top sites....I’m at 1 invite, 2 rejections, 16 radio-silences - tomorrow shall be another day!

View attachment 225700
I feel ya, I am pretty down about it too. Especially when it's one of the last things you see before bed. However, you're right.... We are badass women (and applicants) and we got this! Positive affirmations for the win.