***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

AMCAS submissions open up tomorrow so I thought I would get this thread started. I thought we would do things a little differently this year.

Verification threads in the past have been borderline unreadable. After the first few posts they degenerate into massive walls of text. Ultimately, the only information anyone cares about is "When did you submit?" and "When did you get verified?". I've made a website that dynamically populates a scatter plot of Submission Date vs. Time to Verification using google forms, spreadsheets, and charts. This approach also lets us save the verification timeline data from every application cycle much like the chart @planeblue made a couple of years ago.

Please only fill out the form AFTER your application has been verified by AMCAS and only fill it out once. Like any other year, we're on the honor system here.

This is the link to the form.

The website link is below. As of writing this on May 30th, there is only a single test-point displayed which will be deleted after real data starts coming in.

Official 2018-2019 SDN Verification Timeline

Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
bumping for todays verifications. Post in here if you'd like when you get verified to keep the form visible. The usefulness of this information for posterity depends on people remembering to share their own info!

Reactions: 1 user
bumping for todays verifications. Post in here if you'd like when you get verified to keep the form visible. The usefulness of this information for posterity depends on people remembering to share their own info!

I heard the only people who are verified in the first week are ED apps, any truth to that?

I heard the only people who are verified in the first week are ED apps, any truth to that?

Nope, surprisingly, I submitted yesterday morning and was verified around 3pm! Do you know when secondaries start coming out ?

Nope, surprisingly, I submitted yesterday morning and was verified around 3pm! Do you know when secondaries start coming out ?

Ugh, that's awesome! I submitted right at 9:30 and am still waiting to hear :smack:
I think the primary isn't transmitted until the 29th, even if you are complete, so secondaries probably the 29th or shortly after!

At the earliest, they will start coming through sometime in July as apps wont be transmitted to schools until the end of June. So you have a month to pre-write and get your letters into AMCAS!

Can anyone clarify, if once an application is verified, does it automatically get submitted by AMCAS to the list of schools entered? Or is there a step you need to take in between?

Also, can you add schools after it has been verified? would you have to get reverified if so?

Yeah, thanks guys! I was verified earlier today, so that must've just been a myth.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone clarify, if once an application is verified, does it automatically get submitted by AMCAS to the list of schools entered? Or is there a step you need to take in between?

Also, can you add schools after it has been verified? would you have to get reverified if so?

Applications aren’t transmitted to schools until late June. If you’re verified before that time you’ll be transmitted at that time. You can add schools after being verified and you won’t need to be reverified

Reactions: 2 users
Bumping for June 2nd. The graph on the site looks a bit funky the axes are automatically generated and should improve with more datapoints. If not, I'll find a way to set them manually. I'm bad at HTML.

The difference between being verified on Day 1 as opposed to Day 2? Day 2 Verifications submitted about 2-3 minutes later. Lmao. Ultimately there isnt a meaningful difference between being verified day 1 and 1 day before school transmission begins but it's still pretty insane what a difference a couple of minutes makes.

Planning on submitting June 7th. Will I be verified before primaries get sent out to schools?

Planning on submitting June 7th. Will I be verified before primaries get sent out to schools?
I would say yes looking at previous years' threads. I would guess that it probably will take around 2 weeks-ish, maybe shorter though!

Holy hell, you guys got verified already? Hot damn. I submitted at 1030 and nothing. Of course, I have 10 transcripts lol.

It would be interesting to see if the number of transcripts is associated with verification time. Any chance you'll add that to your questionnaire @Lucca? Obviously you'll be missing the data from the first few days of verification, but it could still be interesting to investigate.

It would be interesting to see if the number of transcripts is associated with verification time. Any chance you'll add that to your questionnaire @Lucca? Obviously you'll be missing the data from the first few days of verification, but it could still be interesting to investigate.

I bet they are. But I’ll add it when I’m home

When the app is marked "ready for review" that means it's under the verification process right?

I wish AMCAS would tell me my position in the queue... Like a countdown until I get verified.

Though it might be disheartening: "Your app is number 39,874th in the queue even though you submitted only two hours after submission opened."

Reactions: 1 users

I have transcripts from 8 different universities...I'm sure we'll be able to figure this out based on how long it takes me to get verified. I submitted the first day at 9:30 AM (pacific), so about three hours after it opened.

Verified just now. Submitted ~2 hours after it opened

Submitted 05/31 at 10:03 AM. Verified 06/04 at 4:01 PM. 1 Transcript.

Last edited:
So does "ready for review" mean that it's currently being verified?

Submitted on May 31st at noon. By the looks of it, I will probably be verified later this week or early next week. It's funny how submitting the primary a little past 9:30a (ET) makes such a huge difference in AAMC response time

So does "ready for review" mean that it's currently being verified?

Think of it like this, "Ready for Review" means "You are on deck." And "Under Review" means "You are at bat." Hopefully, you are a baseball fan!

Verified just now. Submitted May 31st around noon

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted at 9:32am on 05/31. Been "Under Review" for 4 days.

Submitted about 4 hours after it opened and was verified an hour ago! So less than a week. Only had 2 transcripts though

Submitted at around 9:50 AM pacific time and got verified this morning. I had like ~8 transcripts.

Verified! Now on to World Cup binging before June 29th

Submitted 5/31 at 1:34PM (ET). Verified 6/06 at 10:28AM (ET). Only had one transcript.

what time did you submit? if you mind sharing?
About 7:45 am. I was expecting it to take longer because I'm a non traditional. Had like 4 transcripts and indicated "not required" for transcripts that would be duplicates, etc.

Gonna be tough to watch.
Literally just needed a tie against Trinidad and Tobago...

Yeah, it will be tough to watch. USA was so close to going! I believe in our future players, though, and we should be there in another 4 years. I was watching a USA v. Ireland friendly the other day, and we looked pretty good. Who will you be supporting this year? I got Germany winning it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.