***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted 7/17
Verified 8/17

Members don't see this ad.

Just verified!

Submitted 7/17, 11PM
Verified 8/17, 3PM

Seems like AMCAS caught up so that verification takes exactly a month...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about the Academic Change Request function. I had my app verified near the end of July and just submitted an Academic Change Request yesterday (8/16). Earlier this same week, I sent out a few secondaries. I was wondering if the Academic change request is approved next week, will the schools for the secondaries I sent out earlier this week see the updated primary application coursework? Or will they not be able to see the update version? Thanks in advance!

When did you submit? I submitted July 27 but am still waiting on verification. This waiting game is the worst.
I submitted July 28th so I guess I’ll hear from you and anticipate mine! :)

But yeah, this waiting is horrible. And prewriting the secondaries lol

Last edited:
I submitted July 19, still waiting. Do we get an email notifying us it is verified or do we have to check?

Submitted 7/19, Verified 8/20

-didn't receive an email from amcas but did from other schools that automatically send secondaries

Submitted 7/19, Verified 8/20

-didn't receive an email from amcas but did from other schools that automatically send secondaries

Guess I might get verified tomorrow since I submitted mine on July 20th. So exciting!

Reactions: 1 user
So I submitted on 7/18 and still have yet to hear anything. Should I call?

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted 7/24 1:00 am verified 8/22 3:00 pm

Submitted 8/1
Verified 8/28

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted July 28th so I guess I’ll hear from you and anticipate mine! :)

But yeah, this waiting is horrible. And prewriting the secondaries lol

Sorry, just saw this reply! I submitted on July 27 and was verified on August 24. So the timing may be less than a month at this point. Yours should be verified soon if it hasn't already.

Submitted Aug 5th, Ready for Review Aug 6th, and Verified Aug 30th!

Seems like it's speeding up. Do you guys know how accurate @AMCASInfo on twitter is? They reported that they were doing Aug. 3rd today, but I remember that my transcripts were verified the morning they said they were verifying 1-2 days before.

Submitted July 28
Verified August 28 (transcript imaging problem)

THANK YOU TO THOSE who recommended others to prewrite secondaries. Literally completed at 12 schools in two days.

Submitted August 3rd
Verified August 30th.

Under 4 weeks by one day. Great going AMCAS!!!

Submitted July 28
Verified August 28 (transcript imaging problem)

THANK YOU TO THOSE who recommended others to prewrite secondaries. Literally completed at 12 schools in two days.
Definitely a great help

Submitted: 8/10 3:07PM
Verified: 9/4 3:54PM

Hey do you mind messaging me which schools sent you secondaries right away? Still not done prewritting and having a way to prioritize would be much appreciated.
Yeah I’ll let you know in about 4-5 hours

Here is the list. It usually was right away or the day after you submit primary for that school.
central michigan, robert larner vermont, rosalind franklin, buffalo, medical college of wisconsin, michigan human med, neomed, nova, oakland b, penn state, sidney kimmel jefferson, SUNY downstate, stony brook, UConn, U South Carolina Greenville, Wake forest, Wayne state, Wright state, west virginia , creighton, GW health sciences, indiana u (no secondary), new york medical college, netter

Submitted 8/15 10:04pm
Under review 9/6 1:00pm
Verified 9/7 8:54am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent in my transcripts Aug 29, yet they have not been marked as received - "AMCAS is processing transcripts received on Sept 7" according to the site for today,
At what point should I send another transcript via mail from my registrar?

EDIT: My transcript had to be mailed as my school is not set up to send electronically to AMCAS (I'm in Canada)

Last edited:
^ I would send it again now, they typically process electronic transcripts very fast.

Anyway, finally! Ready for review at 8:17 AM EST on 8/22, ‘processing complete’ at 3:22 PM on 9/10. Took 19 days, 7 hours, and 5 minutes. Thrilled to be finally unfollowing the AMCAS twitter :D

Hey do you all know if that "get verified by June 29 for the first round" is still valid this year? Is this a number that changes year to year or is a hard limit?

Hey do you all know if that "get verified by June 29 for the first round" is still valid this year? Is this a number that changes year to year or is a hard limit?

Yes June 29th is the first day that verified primary applications will be sent out to schools. Here is a graph form this past cycle with user submitted data plotting submission date and days until application verification, to give you an idea of when you should have your application submitted by so it can be sent out on June 29th.

At the earliest, they will start coming through sometime in July as apps wont be transmitted to schools until the end of June. So you have a month to pre-write and get your letters into AMCAS!
Q
At the earliest, they will start coming through sometime in July as apps wont be transmitted to schools until the end of June. So you have a month to pre-write and get your letters into AMCAS!
some schools send them pre-transmission

When you submit a primary and processing begins (ie enter verification queue), AMCAS electronically notifies all schools you have listed to open/create a file in anticipation of transmission. This notification has applicant contact info including name, AMCAS ID, and email. There are some schools that will send secondaries to applicants, pre-verification, pre-transmission and wholly screened, based on this AMCAS notification. No, I do not have a list of these schools. Theoretically, an applicant can receive, complete, and return secondary prior to the school getting a primary

Can anyone clarify, if once an application is verified, does it automatically get submitted by AMCAS to the list of schools entered? Or is there a step you need to take in between?

Also, can you add schools after it has been verified? would you have to get reverified if so?
1. After verification it will automatically sent to schools listed when transmission begins
2. Once verified, you can add schools without any additional verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.