You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Drakozord X
Full Member
Seems like AMCAS caught up so that verification takes exactly a month...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question about the Academic Change Request function. I had my app verified near the end of July and just submitted an Academic Change Request yesterday (8/16). Earlier this same week, I sent out a few secondaries. I was wondering if the Academic change request is approved next week, will the schools for the secondaries I sent out earlier this week see the updated primary application coursework? Or will they not be able to see the update version? Thanks in advance!
submitted 7/16 verified 8/16
Drakozord X
Full Member
Anyone still waiting on verification like me? 

Anyone still waiting on verification like me?![]()
When did you submit? I submitted July 27 but am still waiting on verification. This waiting game is the worst.
Drakozord X
Full Member
I submitted July 28th so I guess I’ll hear from you and anticipate mine! 🙂When did you submit? I submitted July 27 but am still waiting on verification. This waiting game is the worst.
But yeah, this waiting is horrible. And prewriting the secondaries lol
Last edited:
I submitted July 19, still waiting. Do we get an email notifying us it is verified or do we have to check?
You will get an email when it's done. I think mine came about 5 minutes after they finished.I submitted July 19, still waiting. Do we get an email notifying us it is verified or do we have to check?
Submitted 7/19, Verified 8/20
-didn't receive an email from amcas but did from other schools that automatically send secondaries
-didn't receive an email from amcas but did from other schools that automatically send secondaries
Submitted 7/19, Verified 8/20
-didn't receive an email from amcas but did from other schools that automatically send secondaries
Guess I might get verified tomorrow since I submitted mine on July 20th. So exciting!
So I submitted on 7/18 and still have yet to hear anything. Should I call?
submitted 7/20; verified 8/21 at 11AM PT
Submitting morning, verified later in the day. I didn’t get notified but saw it about 7pmDo you mind posting the times?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
submitted 7/24 1:00 am verified 8/22 3:00 pm
Drakozord X
Full Member
AMCAS is moving fast :0submitted 7/24 1:00 am verified 8/22 3:00 pm
Submitted 7/24 verified 8/22
Submitted 7/26
Verified 8/24
Verified 8/24
Drakozord X
Full Member
time submitted and verified?Submitted 7/26
Verified 8/24
Submitted 9:20pm Verified 9:09am, honestly wasn't expecting to be verified till the 26th loltime submitted and verified?
Drakozord X
Full Member
Thank you for info!Submitted 9:20pm Verified 9:09am, honestly wasn't expecting to be verified till the 26th lol
Ahaha it’s so surprising and exciting for sure!
9
946134
How long were you in the "under review" status for?Submitted 8/1
Verified 8/28
I submitted July 28th so I guess I’ll hear from you and anticipate mine! 🙂
But yeah, this waiting is horrible. And prewriting the secondaries lol
Sorry, just saw this reply! I submitted on July 27 and was verified on August 24. So the timing may be less than a month at this point. Yours should be verified soon if it hasn't already.
Seems like it's speeding up. Do you guys know how accurate @AMCASInfo on twitter is? They reported that they were doing Aug. 3rd today, but I remember that my transcripts were verified the morning they said they were verifying 1-2 days before.
Drakozord X
Full Member
Submitted July 28
Verified August 28 (transcript imaging problem)
THANK YOU TO THOSE who recommended others to prewrite secondaries. Literally completed at 12 schools in two days.
Verified August 28 (transcript imaging problem)
THANK YOU TO THOSE who recommended others to prewrite secondaries. Literally completed at 12 schools in two days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely a great helpSubmitted July 28
Verified August 28 (transcript imaging problem)
THANK YOU TO THOSE who recommended others to prewrite secondaries. Literally completed at 12 schools in two days.
fishinnawater
Full Member
Submitted: 8/10 3:07PM
Verified: 9/4 3:54PM
Same
Drakozord X
Full Member
Yeah I’ll let you know in about 4-5 hoursHey do you mind messaging me which schools sent you secondaries right away? Still not done prewritting and having a way to prioritize would be much appreciated.
Drakozord X
Full Member
Here is the list. It usually was right away or the day after you submit primary for that school.Tyvm sir
central michigan, robert larner vermont, rosalind franklin, buffalo, medical college of wisconsin, michigan human med, neomed, nova, oakland b, penn state, sidney kimmel jefferson, SUNY downstate, stony brook, UConn, U South Carolina Greenville, Wake forest, Wayne state, Wright state, west virginia , creighton, GW health sciences, indiana u (no secondary), new york medical college, netter
Mom Medicine
New Member
Submitted 8/15 10:04pm
Under review 9/6 1:00pm
Verified 9/7 8:54am
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Under review 9/6 1:00pm
Verified 9/7 8:54am
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sent in my transcripts Aug 29, yet they have not been marked as received - "AMCAS is processing transcripts received on Sept 7" according to the site for today,
At what point should I send another transcript via mail from my registrar?
EDIT: My transcript had to be mailed as my school is not set up to send electronically to AMCAS (I'm in Canada)
At what point should I send another transcript via mail from my registrar?
EDIT: My transcript had to be mailed as my school is not set up to send electronically to AMCAS (I'm in Canada)
Last edited:
^ I would send it again now, they typically process electronic transcripts very fast.
Anyway, finally! Ready for review at 8:17 AM EST on 8/22, ‘processing complete’ at 3:22 PM on 9/10. Took 19 days, 7 hours, and 5 minutes. Thrilled to be finally unfollowing the AMCAS twitter 😀
Anyway, finally! Ready for review at 8:17 AM EST on 8/22, ‘processing complete’ at 3:22 PM on 9/10. Took 19 days, 7 hours, and 5 minutes. Thrilled to be finally unfollowing the AMCAS twitter 😀
Submitted 9/1
Verified 9/17
Verified 9/17
D
deleted981412
Hey do you all know if that "get verified by June 29 for the first round" is still valid this year? Is this a number that changes year to year or is a hard limit?
Hey do you all know if that "get verified by June 29 for the first round" is still valid this year? Is this a number that changes year to year or is a hard limit?
Yes June 29th is the first day that verified primary applications will be sent out to schools. Here is a graph form this past cycle with user submitted data plotting submission date and days until application verification, to give you an idea of when you should have your application submitted by so it can be sent out on June 29th.
QAt the earliest, they will start coming through sometime in July as apps wont be transmitted to schools until the end of June. So you have a month to pre-write and get your letters into AMCAS!
some schools send them pre-transmissionAt the earliest, they will start coming through sometime in July as apps wont be transmitted to schools until the end of June. So you have a month to pre-write and get your letters into AMCAS!
When you submit a primary and processing begins (ie enter verification queue), AMCAS electronically notifies all schools you have listed to open/create a file in anticipation of transmission. This notification has applicant contact info including name, AMCAS ID, and email. There are some schools that will send secondaries to applicants, pre-verification, pre-transmission and wholly screened, based on this AMCAS notification. No, I do not have a list of these schools. Theoretically, an applicant can receive, complete, and return secondary prior to the school getting a primary
1. After verification it will automatically sent to schools listed when transmission beginsCan anyone clarify, if once an application is verified, does it automatically get submitted by AMCAS to the list of schools entered? Or is there a step you need to take in between?
Also, can you add schools after it has been verified? would you have to get reverified if so?
2. Once verified, you can add schools without any additional verification.
YesWhen the app is marked "ready for review" that means it's under the verification process right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can be 1 day to 4 weeksBy automatically, do you mean same day-ish or within a couple days after they receive your primary they send you the secondary?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K